Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The world's most utterly useless country...

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Default Re: The world's most utterly useless country...

Objectively speaking, North Korea. That country's an absolute dead end to both the 22 million people that live in it and its leadership. Everything this country has ever attempted has failed and they spend their time making empty threads and will finally end up perishing either from poverty or from a foreign invasion, be it a war with South Korea or Chinese annexation.

Beyond that, I could name countries like Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan etc. Generally worthless countries filled with people who mean absolutely nothing on a global stage. These countries export nothing appreciable, they have no cultural impact, they're muslim for no reason other than that they fall inside the Islamic sphere of influence, they're both asian and caucasian looking making them lack any sort of ethnic identity... I mean. Those countries fit the description of "filled with nobodies" pretty well.
    I have approximate answers and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don’t know anything about. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing.
    - Richard Feynman's words. My atheism.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    wait, we're being serious here?
    I was.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The entirety of Africa. All I hear about is how it's just one big civil war over there and everywhere.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Is Bacon View Post
    As in Middle and South Africa. Not North Africa.
    huh
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Did you even bother to read the part of the sentence that said "except South Africa and Egypt"? Or did you just drop everything mid-sentence to call me out on fruit exports?

♔Goodguy1066♔'s Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Of Crunk View Post
    Israel. They have only done evil.
    I think most would agree that it would have been better that current Israeli's land should be Palestinian, while land for Jews could have been Madagascar!
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔Goodguy1066♔ View Post
    ...Nations which make a bad impact do not count as useless either...
    I am not going to comment on your political opinion and turn this into a flame war, but even if you think certain states have done only evil that's still something they've done. North Korea, for example, affects the world by constantly being in the news and making a fuss. A useless country is a country that if it would dissapear people would hardly notice!
    A member of the Most Ancient, Puissant and Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Both male and female walruses have tusks and have been observed using these overgrown teeth to help pull themselves out of the water.

The mustached and long-tusked walrus is most often found near the Arctic Circle, lying on the ice with hundreds of companions. These marine mammals are extremely sociable, prone to loudly bellowing and snorting at one another, but are aggressive during mating season. With wrinkled brown and pink hides, walruses are distinguished by their long white tusks, grizzly whiskers, flat flipper, and bodies full of blubber.
    Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
    The walrus' other characteristic features are equally useful. As their favorite meals, particularly shellfish, are found near the dark ocean floor, walruses use their extremely sensitive whiskers, called mustacial vibrissae, as detection devices. Their blubbery bodies allow them to live comfortably in the Arctic region—walruses are capable of slowing their heartbeats in order to withstand the polar temperatures of the surrounding waters.
    The two subspecies of walrus are divided geographically. Atlantic walruses inhabit coastal areas from northeastern Canada to Greenland, while Pacific walruses inhabit the northern seas off Russia and Alaska, migrating seasonally from their southern range in the Bering Sea—where they are found on the pack ice in winter—to the Chukchi Sea. Female Pacific walruses give birth to calves during the spring migration north.
    Only Native Americans are currently allowed to hunt walruses, as the species' survival was threatened by past overhunting. Their tusks, oil, skin, and meat were so sought after in the 18th and 19th centuries that the walrus was hunted to extinction in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and around Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Beyond that, I could name countries like Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan etc. Generally worthless countries filled with people who mean absolutely nothing on a global stage. These countries export nothing appreciable, they have no cultural impact, they're muslim for no reason other than that they fall inside the Islamic sphere of influence, they're both asian and caucasian looking making them lack any sort of ethnic identity... I mean. Those countries fit the description of "filled with nobodies" pretty well.
    They are Turkish, IMO there should be one big Turkistan including also Kazakhstan. (Not including Turkey)
    Why did they created so much small countries and not one big Turkistan? Aren't all of them same people? Turks?

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    To say that Central Asia has no cultural impact is one of the most unbelievable things i have ever heard. Have you never heard of the Silk Road? Samarqand? Bukhara? Urgench? The Mongols, Timmurids, Seljuqs, Mughals, Huns? Not to mention the Akyn, the 'freestyle rap' of asia.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Goodguy1066♔ View Post
    I am not going to comment on your political opinion and turn this into a flame war, but even if you think certain states have done only evil that's still something they've done. North Korea, for example, affects the world by constantly being in the news and making a fuss. A useless country is a country that if it would dissapear people would hardly notice!
    Then Monaco and Andorra, they are just useless. They should better join their big neighbors.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Of Crunk View Post
    They are Turkish, IMO there should be one big Turkistan including also Kazakhstan. (Not including Turkey)
    Why did they created so much small countries and not one big Turkistan? Aren't all of them same people? Turks?
    Maybe Latvia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortimore the Conqueror View Post
    Maybe Latvia?
    there are loads of latvians working in western european countries

Indefinitely Banned

Yeah, especially in Ireland.

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Burkina Faso.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    The United States of America
    SO edgy....
    Blut und Boden

Quote Originally Posted by Vuvuzela View Post
    Burkina Faso.
    lol or the central african republic, or benin

they're even less well known than uzbekistan which is saying something.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Maybe Nauru or one of those reallly small island nations in the pacific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Noodlegasm's Avatar Campidoctor

Zombieland.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlegasm View Post
    Zombieland.
    It did give us an amazing film though.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

♔Goodguy1066♔'s Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Vortimore the Conqueror View Post
    Maybe Nauru or one of those reallly small island nations in the pacific.
    Microstates don't count! I am considering anything smaller than the Isle of Man a microstate, BTW. Here's a list...
    A member of the Most Ancient, Puissant and Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Both male and female walruses have tusks and have been observed using these overgrown teeth to help pull themselves out of the water.

The mustached and long-tusked walrus is most often found near the Arctic Circle, lying on the ice with hundreds of companions. These marine mammals are extremely sociable, prone to loudly bellowing and snorting at one another, but are aggressive during mating season. With wrinkled brown and pink hides, walruses are distinguished by their long white tusks, grizzly whiskers, flat flipper, and bodies full of blubber.
    Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
    The walrus' other characteristic features are equally useful. As their favorite meals, particularly shellfish, are found near the dark ocean floor, walruses use their extremely sensitive whiskers, called mustacial vibrissae, as detection devices. Their blubbery bodies allow them to live comfortably in the Arctic region—walruses are capable of slowing their heartbeats in order to withstand the polar temperatures of the surrounding waters.
    The two subspecies of walrus are divided geographically. Atlantic walruses inhabit coastal areas from northeastern Canada to Greenland, while Pacific walruses inhabit the northern seas off Russia and Alaska, migrating seasonally from their southern range in the Bering Sea—where they are found on the pack ice in winter—to the Chukchi Sea. Female Pacific walruses give birth to calves during the spring migration north.
    Only Native Americans are currently allowed to hunt walruses, as the species' survival was threatened by past overhunting. Their tusks, oil, skin, and meat were so sought after in the 18th and 19th centuries that the walrus was hunted to extinction in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and around Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia.

Taxandrius's Avatar Praeses

Add Saudi-Arabia