Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hotseat & Multiplayer FAQ

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Hotseat & Multiplayer FAQ

Install 6.3. Then install 6.4 ontop of that.
    Then install 6.3 again, this time with a different folder-name. You now have both 6.3 and 6.4.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Install 6.3. Then install 6.4 ontop of that.
    Then install 6.3 again, this time with a different folder-name. You now have both 6.3 and 6.4.
    LOL well that was simple. Thank you very much

Will rep later cant atm

Quote Originally Posted by Mogan View Post
    Does the Hotseat fix work with 6.4?
    The fix as in SS6.3_hotseat_patch_for_fixes_3.0.rar is not needed for 6.4 and must not be installed with it. The cfg change works with 6.4.

I am not able to defend against AI while playing via Hotseat Launcher with SS 6.4. Playing on a single computer in hotseat mode is perfect but the Hotseat Launcher always shows the scroll at start of player's turn. I have configured the "default.cfg" as it was adviced at the first post of this thread.

PS
    I have put into \Medieval 2 Total War\tools\hotseat launcher\Data\Mods\ the Stainless Steel.xml for SS 6.3 but I hope it doesn't matter (as there is no such as Stainless Steel.xml for SS 6.4).

Your issue might be that this only works for new campaigns - any campaign already started with "scrolls on" will not adapt the new settings

I should know I will forget to say something important I have started countless campaigns - on every *.cfg change I started new campaign to be sure that changes will take effect but I'm always greeted by this nasty scroll :/

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Hi mainly about this forum i was wondering if there could be a stickied link to hotseat forums here at TWC where we play many online hotseat games and about 40% is with SS Would eb very good for our recruitment and so forth

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1535

Hello, Not sure if im posting in the right place, but this seems appropriate. I have searched for a post on this to no avail, if someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Recently downloaded 6.4, playing a Hotseat Campaign, and my Family/Generals all take 2 turns to age 1 year, where as if i play a single player game they age 1 year per turn. Please can someone help me get an answer as to why they take an extra turn in hotseat. Quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by bɑne; July 02, 2011 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDunpeal View Post
    Hello, Not sure if im posting in the right place, but this seems appropriate. I have searched for a post on this to no avail, if someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Recently downloaded 6.4, playing a Hotseat Campaign, and my Family/Generals all take 2 turns to age 1 year, where as if i play a single player game they age 1 year per turn. Please can someone help me get an answer as to why they take an extra turn in hotseat. Quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance
    Which factions are you playing?

We are playing as Norway and England.

Haven't found out anything to help you yet, only thing I can tell you for now is that it will stay this way for the rest of your campaign.

I have spent many times looking through the scripts etc, but i really dont have a clue. Timescale is currently set to 1.00, obv setting to 0.5 will sort the ageing issue out but takes twice as long for upgrades etc which i dont want. I just dont understand why single player works fine and ages 1 year per turn, yet hotseat is taking 1 year per 2 turns!! frustrating!!!!!

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

After winning a battle/making all enemies rout the battle ends.. i am missing the scroll where i can choose to end the battle or run down those running traitors...
    how can i restore it?

No idea Lazy, never noticed that. I suggest doing a wider search of the forums

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Ok, I have looked everywhere to solve my problem. I am trying to use the hotseat launcher and I have created the right XML file and everything, but whenever I select more then 1 faction for human players the game crashes after I hit end turn. But if I select only 1 faction to play as(me the host) then the game continues on normallly and does not crash...

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this and fixed it? I can't find anything to do to fix it

This problem is really irritating me...

EDIT: I fixed it, reinstalled kingdoms and it did the job... Don't know what was wrong though
    Last edited by Moneybags14; August 21, 2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Fixed Problem

so what exactly do the # do in cfg file. I copy and pasted this information into my default.cfg file for SS.6.4 and its not working

Quote Originally Posted by cjpasch View Post
    so what exactly do the # do in cfg file. I copy and pasted this information into my default.cfg file for SS.6.4 and its not working
    The # tell the game to ignore anything in that line. So below the first ## line is a comment and not read, the "scroll = false" line is read. The last line "# allow_validation_failures = false" is ignored.
    Code:
    [hotseat]
    ## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign - false or 0 needed to be able to defend against AI
    scroll = false
    ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    turns = false
    ## enable cheat console in hotseat campaign
    disable_console = false
    ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    update_ai_camera = true
    ## enable or disable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    disable_papal_elections = false
    ## disable forced autoresolve all battles in hotseat campaign
    autoresolve_battles = false
    ## disable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    validate_diplomacy = false
    ## disable forced relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    # save_prefs = false
    ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    #autosave = true
    ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    # save_config = true
    ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    # close_after_save = true
    ## sub directory name for hotseat save games
    # gamename = hotseat_gamename
    ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    # validate_data = true
    ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    # allow_validation_failures = false
    That said make sure UAC or other stuff isn't reversing your changes to the cfg.

So how does this work? Will I be able to play with a friend like in the Shogun 2 coop campaign?
    "Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
    Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ' Παλαιολόγος

"il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace, et la France est sauvée"

jwjhunen015's Avatar Laetus

Hello,
    I'm having a problem with Staintless Steel 6.4.
    I recently downloaded this game and want to play its Hotseat multiplayer mode with a friend on one computer.
    We want to play on very hard. But alway's on the turn of player 2, the settings are put back to medium. I'm trying to find a answer for day, but I can't find it. Please help me....!!!!

Total hotseat noob, sorry if what I ask has been answered, it's just that everything I'd read has flown over my head so it seemed best to just ask.

A friend and I have each installed SS 6.4 on our laptops and we wanna play a hosteat campaign...me as the Byzantines and him as England. When I start a hotseat campaign it seems I can only choose one faction, and yet it gives me two others as well.

How can I make it a 2 player campaign, and how can I choose what each player plays as? And is there anything else I need to add for a good HS campaign? Thanks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast