Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn of War II: Retribution

Default Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution

As far as 40K humor goes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I doubt it; Inquisition generally has mercy show on Space Marines that are not corrupted. More possible, Gabriel Angelos may reveal his own evil plan to take over the chapter into Chaos side.
    Yeah but unfortunatly the Inquisition already knows of the hidden relics from Kronus and the Blood Ravens gave a story that they found out had several holes in it. Not to mention the mere fact the traitor was their former chapter master and that several of their number turned during the Battle of Aurelius is enough to seal the chapter's fate. Remember other chapters have been purged for much less as the Inquisition has little love for the semi independent Adeptus Astartes chapters.

@Kamos: Welcome to Warhammer 40K and Imperial politics were things are very rarely logical and productive.

What where did I make a political commentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    What where did I make a political commentary?
    Here

The second option seems kind of counter productive after having eliminated many traitors.
    I was commenting on how the Inquisition will most likely purge the Blood Raven chapter at some point in the future regardless of it's recent deeds and you commented it would be counter productive to wit I retorted that it matters not since Imperial politics are very rarely logical and chapters have been purged for less. The reason I stated the BRs would be purged is the Inquistion now knows the truth about the war or Kronus and why the Blood Ravens were there in the first place, they know about the sacred relics and some of the chapter's dark past. The only thing they may not be aware of is the heretical secret dealings with the Eldar of Biel Tan but eventually they'll find out about that to.

And then theyll come running to the eye...

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    And then theyll come running to the eye...
    And I shall greet them with Bolter and Blastmasters...

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Yeah but unfortunatly the Inquisition already knows of the hidden relics from Kronus and the Blood Ravens gave a story that they found out had several holes in it. Not to mention the mere fact the traitor was their former chapter master and that several of their number turned during the Battle of Aurelius is enough to seal the chapter's fate. Remember other chapters have been purged for much less as the Inquisition has little love for the semi independent Adeptus Astartes chapters.
    Well, if Dark Angels can blow up their own homeworld without attracting Inquisition notice, I don't see anything that cannot hide from Inquisition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Here

I was commenting on how the Inquisition will most likely purge the Blood Raven chapter at some point in the future regardless of it's recent deeds and you commented it would be counter productive to wit I retorted that it matters not since Imperial politics are very rarely logical and chapters have been purged for less. The reason I stated the BRs would be purged is the Inquistion now knows the truth about the war or Kronus and why the Blood Ravens were there in the first place, they know about the sacred relics and some of the chapter's dark past. The only thing they may not be aware of is the heretical secret dealings with the Eldar of Biel Tan but eventually they'll find out about that to.
    I was talking about the earlier option of Gabriel being chaos. Which is ridiculous hellheaven so stop insinuating it.

I was talking about the earlier option of Gabriel being chaos. Which is ridiculous hellheaven so stop insinuating it.
    In what way it is ridiculous?? Don't forget that Mr Angelos blow up a daemon stone and release a daemon for fun (which he has no way to defeat; no idea why he wants to do that besides the reason that he is Chaos).
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; October 27, 2010 at 05:18 AM.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Yes because keeping an evil stone that converted your friend, supercharged a sorcerer, and wrecked a planet when you have no idea there is a demon inside is totally something people would do. Especially when an alien, you doesn't care for, is telling you not to then has her soldiers fire on you and an Inquisitor, who is supposedly a part of said demon little do you know, is egging you on to destroy it.

Yes because keeping an evil stone that converted your friend, supercharged a sorcerer, and wrecked a planet when you have no idea there is a demon inside is totally something people would do. Especially when an alien, you doesn't care for, is telling you not to then has her soldiers fire on you and an Inquisitor, who is supposedly a part of said demon little do you know, is egging you on to destroy it.
    So you mean it is better to release a daemon and let that daemon wreck several worlds together instead seal that daemon in a stone?? I love how your naive observation is (which is good for us Chaos).

Did everyone forget that Inquisitor Toth is the one who convinced Angelos to destroy the Maledictum (He also didn't tell him what was inside).

And it was Toth that fell to chaos in the novels not Angelos.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Did everyone forget that Inquisitor Toth is the one who convinced Angelos to destroy the Maledictum (He also didn't tell him what was inside).

And it was Toth that fell to chaos in the novels not Angelos.
    The Chaos Sorcerer has told Angelos what that stone is, so Gabriel has no excuse not knowing anything (Farseer Macha also told Gabriel same thing, so he had been noticed twice).

Why would a Space Marine believe what a Chaos Marine or an Alien says?
    Art //

Why would a Space Marine believe what a Chaos Marine or an Alien says?
    Same reasons I believe what you Deceiver said??

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

it was macha?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Well, if Dark Angels can blow up their own homeworld without attracting Inquisition notice, I don't see anything that cannot hide from Inquisition.
    Dark Angel's homeworld was blown up before the formation of the Inquisition... Inquisition was created in the last days of the Heresy. DAs diaspora'd their homeworld before the Battle for Terra.

Dark Angel's homeworld was blown up before the formation of the Inquisition... Inquisition was created in the last days of the Heresy. DAs diaspora'd their homeworld before the Battle for Terra.
    No, the event was happened after Battle for Terra.

Same reasons I believe what you Deceiver said??
    I know you never believe what i say. But im right.

No, the event was happened after Battle for Terra.
    It happened before the Inquisition was formed. It may have been after the Siege of Terra, but it was only a few weeks. Basically the Dark Angels show up on Terra about a day after the battle ended, and then they went back to Calliban as there was news of disturbances there. When they arrive they find it has turned, and so they attack. Such was the fury of the loyalists that they caused the planet to become destabilised. They did not destroy it however.

When the Lion fought Luthor on the tower of Angels, Luthor rejected chaos after he couldn't bring himself to kill the Lion. The chaos gods were angered by this and it made a warp rift that took all of the fallen away from the planet, before its energies destroyed the planet. All that was left was what became the Rock.
    Art //

I know you never believe what i say. But im right.
    Deceiver always claim it is right, even it is a lie.

Either way, Gabriel Angelos had commented how the daemon stone affected the Imperial Guards, so he did know what is inside.

It happened before the Inquisition was formed. It may have been after the Siege of Terra, but it was only a few weeks. Basically the Dark Angels show up on Terra about a day after the battle ended, and then they went back to Calliban as there was news of disturbances there. When they arrive they find it has turned, and so they attack. Such was the fury of the loyalists that they caused the planet to become destabilised. They did not destroy it however.

When the Lion fought Luthor on the tower of Angels, Luthor rejected chaos after he couldn't bring himself to kill the Lion. The chaos gods were angered by this and it made a warp rift that took all of the fallen away from the planet, before its energies destroyed the planet. All that was left was what became the Rock.
    That, however, does not mean Inquisition would not try to investigate Dark Angels after hundreds of years, especially consider their suspicious activities among all Space Marines.