Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Hey trolls, leave the team alone"

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: "Hey trolls, leave the team alone"

I can't, I haven't played EB1 in a long while, don't feel like playing it again either with all the bugs of RTW in it and in general the horrid AI of that game (even BI)... I plan having a few shorter games right before EB2 comes to feel the difference a bit better - and that's it as far as me and EB1 go.

But As soon as EB2 comes I promise you a full Baktria strategy guide. ;-)

InfantryToddler's Avatar Foederatus
    third large potato-nodular-like lump in our solar system... or the matrix?!?

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    But As soon as EB2 comes I promise you a full Baktria strategy guide. ;-)
    Nice!

And: Ehh... sorry guys but I had to post this. Sorry. Or, well... actually no.

What about starting a "Brapbrapbap challenges delra" thread ? Or the otherway around.

With lots of blood, tears & drama? Oh how I love drama... yes, that would be nice!

Whatīs going on here?? ... Did I miss a full episode of my favorite sitcom "Brapbrapbap & delra - The tale of two very different friends "?

PS:

PPS: Sry!
    'He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."' - Terry Pratchett

Yeah Toddi, you missed the last night's episode in which he went full "leave britney alone" on me - mods mopped it up before everyone could see for themselves who the guy really is. ;-)

mods mopped it up before everyone could see for themselves
    But I love all the drama here... why do they do that? Damm!

On the other hand I guess there might be little kids watching, so itīs probably better that way. (This is not ment as a referrence to anybody - although it sounds like one when I think about it. )
    'He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."' - Terry Pratchett

Wow, there's an EB wiki!
    LOL I honestly started cracking up when I read that! I'm presuming you noticed my signature on this forum. Haha. Anyway, athanaric is right, you should contribute if you would like to do so. Just realise that some of the contributors, like atha himself, use different usernames on the wiki than they do on here or the Guild.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Yeah, your sig is most likely the oly worthwhile thing posted to this thread so far. ;-) Shame it's so many years after I stopped playing EB. I could have written up a good thing for example about traits, I was all over those files at some point when playing it. Always paid a lot of attention to the RPG aspect of TW games.
    Last edited by delra; August 25, 2010 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfantryToddler View Post
    Nice!

And: Ehh... sorry guys but I had to post this. Sorry. Or, well... actually no.

What about starting a "Brapbrapbap challenges delra" thread ? Or the otherway around.

With lots of blood, tears & drama? Oh how I love drama... yes, that would be nice!

Whatīs going on here?? ... Did I miss a full episode of my favorite sitcom "Brapbrapbap & delra - The tale of two very different friends "?

PS:

PPS: Sry!
    Not much happened, i told a 15 year old to stop acting like a child, he took offence.

The guy doesn't like being told to contribute with actual insight instead of passive-aggressive jabs at EB2. Not much I can do about it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 25, 2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: not needed

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Please take your non game issues somewhere else. Ignore at your peril.

Hey everyone - be friends or at least consider to do a restart with one another. Glad Gigantus stepped in here (just seeing one of his posts with all the rewards and the post numbers makes me feel somehow very, very small!)

Anyway, I esteem Brapbrapbap and delra and all the others! Letīs be all friends or at least try a start from point zero. Please, please!...

I would assume this thread has met itīs end (?, sorry for my bad english - and necro-posting) and nobody will ever, ever be demanding towards the team.

May this thread . - PS: only very conciliatory, reasonable and non-answer-asking post-mortem posts are allowed.

Maybe take this as a model for reasonable post-mortem posting :

“I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!”*

* first issude by Monty Python

"Oh InfantryToddler canīt you just be silent" - "No.. I canīt, InfantryToddler!" - "Are you an insane or a more-than-one-personality-person InfantryToddler?" - "WHAT?? You studied psychology?" - "Yes, and?" - "The Ology of Psyche?!" - "What do you mean?" - "Did you get a hand on it! - I mean the psyche... Psyche... you get it?? " - "Oh, how funny!"

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I jest. I am in complete agreement.
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; August 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Quote Originally Posted by Brapbrapbap View Post
    Thing is, not a single person has actually criticised this mod, mostly because it hasn't been released.

What's happening is simply a bunch of people (not going to name them) complaining that their free mod, made by people who are doing it on their free time and without a single legal obligation to meet any kind of deadline, is taking too much time being released.

That's not criticism, it's stupidity.
    No. Just because it doesn't cost money doesn't mean it won't be held to standards. And people aren't complaining about the tme so much as the content. And even then, we're not complaining, we're just concerned, and we want to help make the mod as good as possible, and being an ass-sucking sycophant will not help that one bit.
    "For men can endure to hear others praised only so long as they can severally persuade themselves of their own ability to equal the actions recounted: when this point is passed, envy comes in and with it, incredulity." - Pericles, Funeral Oration

"English bastards!" - the Scottish AAR!

The Grass is ALWAYS Greener: the Dark Tale of Mordor

Want to publish an article on any aspect of history? PM or email me at shistory@speculativehistory.co.uk, or visit http://www.speculativehistory.co.uk. if you just want to learn something new.

I dont see why the team is getting abuse like, the mod is progressing nicely and the work is amazing!; and yet people are complaining. Just dont make sense to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sargon_of_Akkad View Post
    we want to help make the mod as good as possible
    Cool. This is the thread for you then.

But, seriously, we do appreciate well structured, evidence-backed criticism at all times. But then that's not trolling, so I don't see how anyone who does make criticism would take offence at this thread, unless they had reservations about their own conduct.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Blog Entries

I think that was enough off topic for today.

it is arrogant and presumptive to even insult a team or modder! not to say we who engage in navigating the catacombs of a "mod folder" are so high and lofty~
    but for these reasons:
    Modders put a whole lot (did I say a whole lot!) of effort and energy into thier projects with no other compensation than a job well done and hopefully the enjoyment of the player
    plus there are numerous mods out there! if not to your liking simply look elsewhere! there is no need to "Berate" a team or Modder because they not doing things to your liking! my expirience as a modder when someone makes a suggestion which is sincere,even if it is negative it is still true constructive critiscism and will 99 out of 100 times result in the suggested changes but when some is just being derogatory for its sake, you know! and you don`t pay any attention! (positive attention) ALL MODDERS NEED CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISCISM BUT NOT NEEDSS TROLLING!
    it is horribly crass! and shows a total lack of respect for modders who do try and craft thier work to meet public desire! I really don`t know what the specifc conflict here was! that is just my two cents on starting arguements with modders over thier work!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I think that was enough off topic for today.
    Sorry Gigantus! I am non-overall-pc but I will try to be twc-pc!! I mean this damm seriuos!

druvatar: it is arrogant and presumptive to even insult a team or modder! not to say we who engage in navigating the catacombs of a "mod folder" are so high and lofty~
    but for these reasons:
    Modders put a whole lot (did I say a whole lot!) of effort and energy into thier projects with no other compensation than a job well done and hopefully the enjoyment of the player
    plus there are numerous mods out there! if not to your liking simply look elsewhere! there is no need to "Berate" a team or Modder because they not doing things to your liking! my expirience as a modder when someone makes a suggestion which is sincere,even if it is negative it is still true constructive critiscism and will 99 out of 100 times result in the suggested changes but when some is just being derogatory for its sake, you know! and you don`t pay any attention! (positive attention) ALL MODDERS NEED CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISCISM BUT NOT NEEDSS TROLLING!
    it is horribly crass! and shows a total lack of respect for modders who do try and craft thier work to meet public desire! I really don`t know what the specifc conflict here was! that is just my two cents on starting arguements with modders over thier work!
    I am a non-PC fellow, but that doesnīt mean I am a guy that only looks for this or that bad thing happening!

Sorry Gigantus! I am non-overall-pc but I will try to be twc-pc!! I mean this damm seriuos! - I am a non-PC fellow, but that doesnīt mean I am a guy that only looks for this or that bad thing happening!
    Troll, Troll, Troll!!! This is the way it may sometime go! I say: Leave the team alone!
    This is the .... - Gigantus? Is it imnportant for you to ...

Blog Entries

Troll, Troll, Troll!!! This is the way it may sometime go! I say: Leave the team alone!
    This is the .... - Gigantus? Is it imnportant for you to ...
    Into the corner and put on the cap!!!

Seriously: do post in a manner that cannot misconstrued.

After following some of the threads here recently, i wonder why are there so many guys posting their harsh demands for this or that faction or trying to tell the team what weapons or fearures and so on they should use???

EB1 is a great mod, so let the team do their "job" (did i say job? - do they get payed from us for it??) and let them be. Of course sober suggestions and ideas and wishes and well intended discussion threads will be welcomed by the team!!! (i am sure very much)

I just get kind of very, very! annoyed about those people swarming in to this forum and demanding this or that.

SHOW GOOD MANNERS (& have good intent if possible)

PS: Sorry to every decent twc-member, but i had to post this.

EDIT: "Hey Trolls, leave the team alone" is a reference to "Another Brick in the Wall" from Pink Floyd* - refering to the line "Hey Teachers, leave the kids alone" aka "Hey Ayatollah, leave those kids alone" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIP38eq-ywc - caution political!). And: I hope your humour has also logged in along with you for this thread?!
    * a semi-famous band form the second half of the late 20th century
    No offence mate but it looks an awful lot to me like you decided that you were in the mood for an argument, so you came on here to set one up that you knew you couldnt lose....
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 13, 2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: continuity

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast