Thread: How do you get force_diplomacy to work?

Default How do you get force_diplomacy to work?

I had badgered the Illyrians and Thracians into Protectorates,,,,,now I simply need to get the Greeks to do likewise so I have a secure Kingdom before I go and reconquer Alexander's Empire

Anywho, the Greeks are down too only two cities, both in Italy, and are utterly crushed. Yet they do not accept my Protectorate offer despite offering Sparta, Athens, Rhodes, etc, and lots of money (playing RTR btw). So I had enough and tried to use the "force_diplomacy accept",,,,except it will not work for me.

Interesting... Try besieging unril theu only have one city left. Take a high influence diplomat (I know easier said then done) ANd don't offer them anything and just keep asking them to be your protectorate. If this doesn,t work just wipe them out!
    Under the Noble Patronage of Rome AC.

I'm french! Why do you think I 'av this outragous accent you silly king?! Now go away before I taunt you a second time!

A former member of the Canadian Colbert Nation, now a working member of the Panda Punctuation Police Protection agency. Otherwise known as PPPP.

I will try that.

I do not wish to crush them though. I wish to create a "Common Greece" that is in alliance with Macedon. Thracia and Illyria are already pretty powerful Protectorates that defend my lands from the North, I wish to do the same with the Greeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintis Vindex
    I will try that.

I do not wish to crush them though. I wish to create a "Common Greece" that is in alliance with Macedon. Thracia and Illyria are already pretty powerful Protectorates that defend my lands from the North, I wish to do the same with the Greeks.
    Good for you that's a great objective (I'm not being sarcastic) If the diplomat dosen't work maybe your just putting the accept dimploat thingy in wrong. T ry going to Cheatplanet.com or Cheatcc.com and look up all the different cheats. It also could be not working because it's on RTR perhaps

I'm french! Why do you think I 'av this outragous accent you silly king?! Now go away before I taunt you a second time!

A former member of the Canadian Colbert Nation, now a working member of the Panda Punctuation Police Protection agency. Otherwise known as PPPP.

I Find the AI is pretty dumb when it comes to accepting Protectorate staus i had sinope surrounded by 5 veteran Julli armies and they only had the 1 city, yet still they didnt accept! so i just crushed them and exterminated the populace for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by Cradds
    I Find the AI is pretty dumb when it comes to accepting Protectorate staus i had sinope surrounded by 5 veteran Julli armies and they only had the 1 city, yet still they didnt accept! so i just crushed them and exterminated the populace for good measure
    I've heard that that has happened to other people too. Other than the ideas that have already been given I guess you'll have to keep trying the force diplomatic accept thingy :wink:

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

the force_diplomacy cheat never seems to work, even on an unmodded version of RTW. A lot of cheats dont work for some reason.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by unworthy soldier
    the force_diplomacy cheat never seems to work, even on an unmodded version of RTW. A lot of cheats dont work for some reason.

Really? I guess that makes sense because the moders probably don't know how to incorporate the cheats into the game. I know that the FOW cheat works beccause it's the only one I use.

Flogger's Avatar Senator

perhaps asking to become protectorate, accept or we will attack?
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

They just seem to ignore the accept or we will attack thing like it means nothing to them, despite the fact your empire may outsize them 10- 1 go figue huh ?!

If you're using an older version of RTW (I think 1.2?) there used to be a bug where the turn you reloaded a faction would always accept being a protectorate. It was pretty hilarious how you could get the 50 provinces you needed just by exploiting this bug. You could try that one and see if it still works for the version you're running. No idea if that bug works with RTR, but I had the impression it was something hardcoded.

Never knew about the bug, however I wasn't able to get anybody to come under my protection, ha ha, so I did wipe them out, but then it's so lonely out there. What's funny though is that enemies after taking one or two cities in the same turn and also maybe destroying some of their fleets come asking you to become protectorate. Playing RTR 6.2
    and having taken Agrigento, Lilybaeum from Carthage in the same turn and Melite the next, blocading three of their ports they come asking me to become protectorate. It is funny, not realistic but similar situations happen in all versions.