Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - Sub-Mod for SS6.4

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

So far, this seems to be working for me. Playing 6.3 RR/RC, LLP, FTT, Heir ancillary, permanent arrows. Characters become useable at age 5 because of LLP, and you can give them the heir ancillary then (which is a really awesome combination of options). Playing as Aragon, my King was Pedro and his brother Ramiro (I think) was the heir because there were no children at beginning of game. I had the ancillary on the next youngest brother (forget the name off the top of my head), but then I switched it to Pedro's male son (aged 5, first useable). I stupidly let Ramiro get himself killed (by archers no less) in an unsuccessful attack on Valencia and the heirship went to Pedro's son. Now, I assume that was likely to happen anyway just because the game wants to follow primogeniture when it is obvious, but at least it's good to know that the heir ancillary either worked or didn't hurt anything. I'm trying to use it to follow primogeniture exactly throughout the game, so I'll keep you updated on whether that works or not. The LLP mod makes this a lot easier, as without it, the King's son would not have been able to have ancillaries yet (I think he was 10).

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

LOVE IT!!!! + rep
    can't wait for LAST KINGDOM

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
    So far, this seems to be working for me. Playing 6.3 RR/RC, LLP, FTT, Heir ancillary, permanent arrows. Characters become useable at age 5 because of LLP, and you can give them the heir ancillary then (which is a really awesome combination of options). Playing as Aragon, my King was Pedro and his brother Ramiro (I think) was the heir because there were no children at beginning of game. I had the ancillary on the next youngest brother (forget the name off the top of my head), but then I switched it to Pedro's male son (aged 5, first useable). I stupidly let Ramiro get himself killed (by archers no less) in an unsuccessful attack on Valencia and the heirship went to Pedro's son. Now, I assume that was likely to happen anyway just because the game wants to follow primogeniture when it is obvious, but at least it's good to know that the heir ancillary either worked or didn't hurt anything. I'm trying to use it to follow primogeniture exactly throughout the game, so I'll keep you updated on whether that works or not. The LLP mod makes this a lot easier, as without it, the King's son would not have been able to have ancillaries yet (I think he was 10).
    Glad to hear it's working without problems. I appreciate letting me know that. I just finished fixing the files for 6.2 and I'm about to finish working on files for 6.3 then I'll release next update for Next Heir Ancillary Mod.
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

Update:
    Triggers are fixed and shortened, mod is no longer depend on descr_strat.txt file. So it's a little less confusing and easier to install.
    I did a quick test it seems to be working like it was, but this version seems to be more compatible and stable than before.
    Please install the latest version and let me know if there's anything wrong.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

A few recommendations:
    Put most of the first post in spoilers or content-boxes, currently one has to scroll down pretty far to get to the download link.
    Make it work with the sub-mod manager. It makes it much easier to install. A guide on that can be found in my Compilation, and Historydude has made one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    A few recommendations:
    Put most of the first post in spoilers or content-boxes, currently one has to scroll down pretty far to get to the download link.
    Done. Pictures are hidden by spoiler boxes.

Make it work with the sub-mod manager. It makes it much easier to install. A guide on that can be found in my Compilation, and Historydude has made one, too.
    You're right, I should do that, and I will when I have more free time. I just wanted to post it like this for now so people can still play it's updated version until I work on the mod further. Thanks.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Done. Pictures are hidden by spoiler boxes.
    Thanks, it looks a lot more organized now (though the download is still pretty far down)

Thanks, it looks a lot more organized now (though the download is still pretty far down)
    Well I left the text body as it was, description, instructions and warning parts, since they're the most important sections of the post, I guess it's fair enough now, I have seen much longer posts.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

How is the city in which the child will grow up and learn traits determined. I wish you could pick a city in general in which you want your children trained, it makes it a pain in the butt to move family members around the map.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by strife1013 View Post
    How is the city in which the child will grow up and learn traits determined. I wish you could pick a city in general in which you want your children trained, it makes it a pain in the butt to move family members around the map.
    If you want more in-depth education, get Meneth's LLP mod. Otherwise, children come-of-age at the city where their father is, or if he is campaigning, at the capital.

Continue discussion on that in the LLP thread.

Opps,
    Sorry Historydude, I meant to put that in that mod's section....where is my brain today!

Quote Originally Posted by strife1013 View Post
    Opps,
    Sorry Historydude, I meant to put that in that mod's section....where is my brain today!
    I completely understand

Anyways looking forward to using this mod! This should be interesting...although quick question and haven't test it out yet since only faction heirs can marry princesses and I marry to other factions quickly to make babies could I just move the ancillary around so that all my guys can marry princesses in other words Son A has this ancillary and I marry him to a princess and I than give Son B the ancillary can he marry a princess and so forth or does only the first born son get to marry a princess?

Strife, the heir ancillary doesn't work exactly that way. You have to think of it as something you give to someone you want to be the next heir when the current faction leader dies or the current heir dies (which sometimes doesn't work, so be careful with your heirs).

So let's say you start a game and you have a King and he has three Sons (A, B, and C). The game has already made Son A the first heir, and there is nothing you can do about that. But let's say you want to ensure that Son C becomes the next heir after Son A ascends to the throne. You give C the ancillary and when A becomes the Leader, voila! C becomes his new heir (usually even if A has his own sons by that point).

Then you give the ancillary to someone else (Son B or one of A's sons or whomever) so that they become the new heir when C becomes the King. The ancillary by itself actually makes that character the next in line to be heir, not the heir itself. So it won't actually let that character marry princesses until he becomes the official heir.

This anc is for the Heir to the Heir.

I was looking for a loop hole ha ha.

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi guys, this idea is great and it adds a bit more depth to this great game, but the only problem is the heir crown is not working for me.

Im playing as Kingdom of Aragon in the early era and tried numerous times to get it to work, lately i tried to make the heirs cousin the next heir (is this even possible?), but that didnt work.

Then i tried to just make the FH's 2nd son the heir, which didnt work either, it just went to the first son, as usual.

Sorry if this is a stupid question as it seems that the rest of you have it working just fine, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

ahhh... so you must transfer the crown BEFORE the current king dies, that's what I keep doing wrong.....

so here's a quesiton, I'm currently in a game where my heir is the brother in law of the king, who's a pretty solid buerocrate but not much of a general, and more importantly he's two years older than the king . I passed the crown to the guy I want to be heir, (the current king's son). if I let the current heir die... will the transfer work ?
    Last edited by RollingWave; August 28, 2010 at 01:15 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Lemming69's Avatar Semisalis

nice submod- now i can prevent characters with silly names like howard, francis and herbert from becoming king of england henry, edward and william ftw +rep

Blip99: I'm playing with Aragon as well, and it seems to be working for me so far, though I'm only 30 turns in. I assume you ran setup.exe and started a new campaign?

Rollingwave: As Amaranth noted, when the FH dies before the FL, screwy/random things can sometimes happen. It won't always follow whom you chose with the ancillary. However, that being said, I've noticed in my Aragon game that when the King's brother died, the King's son (born after the game started, when the brother was already heir) became heir. Now, that's where I had the ancillary, but I think the game also does preference King's sons even when it makes its random choice. So I would bet you'll be ok, but you ought to save before you "let" the heir die. If it doesn't work the first time, reloading and trying again may work.