Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - Sub-Mod for SS6.4

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (Released)

Latest Update: Next Heir Ancillary is released. Have fun!
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks a lot

My congratulations, it works for all factions?

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    My congratulations, it works for all factions?
    Yes. Though I haven't try it with every each of them, I ran several tests with many factions, with several types of scenarios and with both late and early eras. If you encounter any problem let me know

A suggestion: Add the versions to the topic title. As in "Mod for 6.2 and 6.3".

Alright, thanks a lot....awsome expansion of ss6.3

Little problem, your mod and The Caesar Ring minimod for SS 6.3 have to replace the same files. So it is not possible to use both mods at the same time, or perhaps you two should work the two submods into one submod???
    Last edited by dominion; August 18, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    A suggestion: Add the versions to the topic title. As in "Mod for 6.2 and 6.3".
    Good idea, I changed the topic

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Alright, thanks a lot....awsome expansion of ss6.3

Little problem, your mod and The Caesar Ring minimod for SS 6.3 have to replace the same files. So it is not possible to use both mods at the same time, or perhaps you two should work the two submods into one submod???
    Hmm. In that case "Heir Crown" Ancillary can be added manually to other mods, you can see the parts I edited in my first post. If this gets popular maybe it can be added to other mods later, but just for now I hope it works fine for those who wish to play it like this

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

They are both submods for SS6.3.....just wanted to let you know they can't be used at the same time/game(it's not really a problem if you choose only this submod). They will overwrite eachother.
    Last edited by dominion; August 18, 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

This mod could be easily integrated with the ceaser's ring mini mod. Just some copying and pasting is all thats needed

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

They are both submods for SS6.3.....just wanted to let you know they can't be used at the same time/game(it's not really a problem if you choose only this submod). They will overwrite eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    This mod could be easily integrated with the ceaser's ring mini mod. Just some copying and pasting is all thats needed
    That was my point, integrate them. That is as the two autors agree....
    Last edited by dominion; August 18, 2010 at 04:45 PM.

Well have them contact each other and see what they say !

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    I agree with that. Copying this ancillary should work with many other mods. And if other modders wants to use this for their mods, they can do that as long as they give credit to the original work, so people who just want to be able to choose their Faction Heir themselves can use this without being have to change their game experience (SS) with other alterations. Just send me a PM to contact me about anything.

I'm just glad if no one else will have to complain about this Heir selection issue anymore
    Last edited by Amaranth; August 18, 2010 at 06:50 PM.

I'm just glad if no one else will have to complain about this Heir selection issue anymore
    It is not complaining....just wanted to mention the submods use the same files and therefore can't be installed in the same mod....no hard feelings or criticism, you did a very good job. just a minor problem that's all, interact the 2 and it's fine.
    Last edited by dominion; August 18, 2010 at 07:12 PM.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Since your trigger is working now apparently, is it really necessary to modify descr_strat?
    Oh and, you should make it compatible with the sub-mod manager in 6.3, so that it's easily toggle-able and people don't have to overwrite files every time they change from late era to early era and vice verse.
    I could fix that, though.
    Edit: with a few small changes to the trigger, the ancillary showed up for me without using your edited descr_strat.

Tiro

Ok i tried with SS 6.3 and it didnt work...is it because its not compatible with LLP3.2....i did as it was told in the Readme life.... i mean when does the ancillary show up?? is it something that we have to do manually????

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

It's not compatible with LLP, as they both edit the descr_strat.

Tiro

So now what should i do??? when i go to setup then i untick LLP... sigh what a waste ... ill try without LLP and tell...
    Last edited by neha123; August 19, 2010 at 06:26 AM.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by neha123 View Post
    So now what should i do??? when i go to setup then i untick LLP... sigh what a waste ... ill try without LLP and tell...

tried without LLP and didnt work...it does not work with all the other sub mods????
    Well please explain in brief how the sub mod works

Quote Originally Posted by neha123 View Post
    tried without LLP and didnt work...it does not work with all the other sub mods????
    Well please explain in brief how the sub mod works
    This mod is not compatible with anything that modifies descr_strat or any ancillary file.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Since your trigger is working now apparently, is it really necessary to modify descr_strat?
    Oh and, you should make it compatible with the sub-mod manager in 6.3, so that it's easily toggle-able and people don't have to overwrite files every time they change from late era to early era and vice verse.
    I could fix that, though.
    Edit: with a few small changes to the trigger, the ancillary showed up for me without using your edited descr_strat.
    Thats because we worked on it before releasing it, apparently.