Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - Sub-Mod for SS6.4

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    No, I started campaings with different factions without changing that part, it still works.
    Then something is messed up

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Ok I can try that.

No, I started campaings with different factions without changing that part, it still works.
    I do agree with Meneth on that.... something is... strange try changing to to france or something and then see if it applies to everyone including them.

also note to next mod to see this: maybe move this to submod forum? since this is some sort of mod for ss6.3, released, in progess, or personal

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

@ Meneth

It's still the same. No ancillary at start or next turn. Or next one. Something is messed up but I don't know, like I said I didn't created this myself I used some other existing mod and used it to adapt at 6.2 . It does work fine for me, but maybe other modders can find the messed up point and fix it. This seems to be the best I can do.

@ Historydude

I might try changing that tomorrow.

And it can be moved to submod, if anyone wants to help me fix this or make it better, please feel free do it, or PM me if you want to ask anything. I didn't want to upload my files here as like you said, something might be messed up, I don't want people to experience any problems related to this. If it can be fixed I'll upload files so, but if not, I'll try what I have and upload it like this so people can use it as it is if they like. Cause my tests so far tells me it working, I didn't experience any CTD, Error whatsoever. Like I said maybe only thing here is that AI characters might too get this Ancillary at the start, but I can't confirm this yet. Then again it wouldn't be much use to them.
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

Tiro

Wow + rep for you.... thanks so much for givin was this idea.. this way we can beat the stupid hard coded way the game chooses the faction heir... its so annoying... but does this work within brothers only????

Cool idea. One question though. If the new heir that i choose dies, what happens to the ancillary ? Does it vanish forever along with the character ?

Quote Originally Posted by szelbisz View Post
    Cool idea. One question though. If the new heir that i choose dies, what happens to the ancillary ? Does it vanish forever along with the character ?
    With the trigger I wrote at least, it should appear on the faction leader the next turn if it were ever to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by szelbisz View Post
    It's good point, I haven't tried that yet. But it's possible. In this case I guess you can always add it back to another character using console commands. But it's best to guard your Next Heir on the battlefield, just to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by neha123 View Post
    Wow + rep for you.... thanks so much for givin was this idea.. this way we can beat the stupid hard coded way the game chooses the faction heir... its so annoying... but does this work within brothers only????
    It works only with family members, not with generals. Cause an heir can olnly be selected within the family tree (Though it's possible to pass the Ancillary to a general, it would achieve nothing). You can give it to any son, be it adopted or biological.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    With the trigger I wrote at least, it should appear on the faction leader the next turn if it were ever to disappear.
    It doesn't work like that. FH doesn't start with the ancillary. By editing descr_strat.txt I make sure all Faction Heirs to start with "Heir Crown" ancillary. And it's playable by all factions, the only part I need to fix is "and FactionType england" how can I change factor "england" to another to make it something like "all factions" ?

PS: Though this factor seems useless, as I can play it with ALL factions despite that part.
    Last edited by Amaranth; August 18, 2010 at 07:51 AM.

Amaranth,
    If all the faction heirs start with it, does it pass onto the FL after the faction heir with it dies?

Editing descr_strat shouldn't be necessary at all, though.
    The trigger I wrote should work fine without any descr_strat editing.

You should focus more on him writing the trigger to his likings, or atleast show him how or why to write it like yours. It doesn't do much to take someones mod and do all the work for em without them learning anything eh

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    Amaranth,
    If all the faction heirs start with it, does it pass onto the FL after the faction heir with it dies?
    No, it disappears if the character carriying it dies. It can be re added through console command "give_ancillary". Basicly you need to guard your Royal family well. If you want your the succession of your throne goes as you planned. Think it like this, If the Heir Crown is lost, there might be members in the royal family who might take advantage of it to claim right to wear the crown (my way of solving problems, adding a bit of role play to the situation )

Nope. But I came to realize that it's also made it like I did in the original work of Sensei Kiisu, descr_strat file is edited in order to make sure all Faction Heirs start with the Ancillary. I'm just wondering if it is possible to add another factor to FactionType xxx (something includes ALL factions).

You should focus more on him writing the trigger to his likings, or atleast show him how or why to write it like yours. It doesn't do much to take someones mod and do all the work for em without them learning anything eh
    Heh.
    Okay, here's a commented version of my trigger:
    Code:
    Trigger heir_crown ;Name of the trigger, pretty much irrelevant
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart ;Tells the parser to check the trigger at the start of a characters turn
        Condition IsFactionLeader ;Tells the parser to only continue reading the trigger if the character is a faction leader
        and FactionIsLocal ;Tells the parser to only continue reading if the faction is player-controlled
        and not FactionwideAncillaryExists heir_crown ;Tells the parser to only continue reading if the ancillary doesn't already exist

AcquireAncillary heir_crown chance 100 ;Tells the parser to give the character the ancillary
    Happy?

YES!! Awesome. great job amaranth! I'll have to go rep sensei kiisu. eagerly await your release!
    can't wait for LAST KINGDOM

Quote Originally Posted by worldsdead View Post
    YES!! Awesome. great job amaranth! I'll have to go rep sensei kiisu. eagerly await your release!
    Thank you. I'm working on making it compatible with 6.3 as well. So far it seems to be working just fine. However testing continues and I want to be sure that it works without problems before I release it. Won't take long though

Unlike my mistakes of releasing "bugged" items

Latest Update: "Heir Crown" Ancillary no longer disappears after the character holding it dies. It spawns from FH in the next turn. Regardless of the Faction or Era.
    Last edited by Amaranth; August 18, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

Agreed, this should be in the sub-mod forum.
    Bane_tw, fix?
    Just for the record: pm or visitor message is the best way to notify me of things like that

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Just for the record: pm or visitor message is the best way to notify me of things like that
    Didn't you hear Bane? Theres a whole infection of lazy going around, me included

Didn't you hear Bane? Theres a whole infection of lazy going around, me included
    No I didn't hear that. I think I was to busy dictating my secretary to post on this very forum.