Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

Default Re: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

Download and install 7-zip. Then download both mod parts to the same folder, right-click on 001 and select extract here. Then move the the m2tw mods folder

It doesn't work because it's 'Age_of_Discovery.7z.001' and not 'Age_of_Discovery.7z' so the file is corrupted and won't open. Re-upload it and call it something like 'Age_of_Discovery_001.7z' and 'Age_of_Discovery_002.7z'.

No, that's not a problem, it's supposed to be named that. You don't just double-click on it to open you need to right-click go the 7-zip submenu and select extract here, making sure both parts are together when you do that.

It works if you do it as above.

Ah ok I understand now. Do I also have to extract .002 after doing .001?

No, it should extract automatically if they are together as above.

Ah ok I've got it working thanks, it's pretty awesome!

I would recommend turning on all the default settings for controls, audio, graphics... etc because you still had them on your own personal settings and I got confused with the muted sounds thinking I didn't install it properly.

one question and its probably a stupid one but. for the .rar downloads part one you extract it to the mods folder i get that. but when extracting part 2 and 3 do i extract it to the same place (mods folder) or do i extract them to the Age of Discovery folder made when part one was extracted.

The .rar downloads are old and from an outdated version. Easier and better to just use the links from strategyinformer, only two parts and smaller 7-zip files.

Icon9 Re: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

Helo General Malaise!

I'm really looking forward to play this mod, it looks really good, but i have a BIG PROBLEM...

And yes, i already read all the other comments of people who had the same problem but it doesn't work anyway...

The problem is this the battle hud thats its almost blank...
    And like i said i tried all the other solutions on the forum and the problem its still there...

I have the 1.05.000 patch for kingdoms (already reinstalled the game)

Do you see what may solve the "blank problem"?

Icon7 Re: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

sorry little mistake of mine...
    done some tricks and it works now, best M2TW mod ever!

Now i detected another problem...

When i enter a team battle (a reinforced battle) this happens:

Somewhat the "firing stance" got replace whit the time hud...

Is there any possibility to fix this?

Aside from that the mod is excellent!

Huh. I've never seen that before. I can't really look into it right now but after the weekend I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Well, I still can't figure out what this could be. Maybe try copying over the default battle.sd instead of just deleting the mod's? Other than that I can't think of anything.

Well... its not a big problem anyway (and copying the default battle.sd brings the "white problem" again)

I still play this mod when i have the time, but now i found two other bugs, and one is really annoying:
    Both happens on the siege battles

One puts the siege equipment (ladders and siege towers) smaller than the actual walls... but at least the soldiers magically are still able to assault the castle, so no gameplay problems here...

The other one is really annoying, on the walls, missile units (crossbows and riflemen) simply wont shot, even if i order them...

I know you posted a "siege fix" long time ago, but the download is off...
    Probably because the mod is quite old... :| but its still good

The siege fix was for a hard crash caused by trying to attempt a siege at all, not a bug with the siege itself. It's not needed for the latest version now at the strategy informer links. I've never heard of these issues though and there's been lots of downloads. Is your base M2TW fully patched and did you download from strategy informer? I never had any problem with gunners not shooting from the walls, in fact I've killed a lot of enemies that way. Sometimes in TW engines though toggling fire at will off then back on and then targeting a unit can help with ranged troops being stubborn about shooting.

Yes i downloaded the mod from strategy informer, from your links on this post, and i think i have the latest kingdoms patch, 1.5 i think...

Anyway theres a photo of the crime...

Funny that the siege towers and the leaders don't reach the walls but they teleport there anyway lol

The real problem is the missile units that don't seem to fire, the firing icon its still on the unit card, but they just stand still... (you can see that from the ammunition display on the unit card)

weird it only happens to me...

And yea, the "tiny siege equipment" it only happens on the more advanced castles or cities, the ones whit the smaller walls its fine, but the missile units problem happens on every type of wall i think...

Ah -- I´ve seen something like this before. It is a minor bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by megalitho View Post

Huh. So there is no way to fix it? And what exactly causes it and why am I not seeing it? Thanks for any info.