Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

Default Re: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

They aren't monarchies so they don't use family trees.

Thank's man I start with Portugal for now and one question again.Why Golden horde Elephants upkeep is 0 ?

Are you sure their upkeep is zero? I don't remember anything like that, sounds like a bug... Certainly isn't intentional.

Try downloading this and copying it to your mod's data folder (overwriting old version):

http://www.zshare.net/download/878449945a3ca59a/
    Last edited by General Malaise; March 16, 2011 at 05:03 AM.

One question : When I play, it is normal that I play in a window ?

It's set that way in the preferences file. Open it open and changed windowed to 0 or false.

Nice mod, thought you are a bit generous and optimist with the Republic of Genua.
    Never the florentines and the crimean turks left the Sūperba Repubbrica advanced in the backcountries(Tuscia as pontic coasts). And it wasn't a big defect simply because this thalassocracy was only interested to control the mediterranean coasts and islands, also to have more commercial monopolies.
    Also more rebels would be nice, maybe?
    Its impossible to reflect the political/ethnical complexity of our world only with 32 "factions".

all its in this sweet map!
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Repubblica_di_Genova.png
    good continuation.

Best Regards, RB

I'm having a difficult time getting this to install. I tired the .rar version first because I didn't have 7zip but got this message:
    Error: unable to create output file "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Age_of_Discovery\custom\previous battle.cbx"

So I downloaded 7zip and had trouble with that at first but once I got it installed I tried to extract the files to my Medieval II mods folder. The first time it sent them to my Documents where I downloaded the files to, so I tried again by going into 7zip, right clicking the file, choosing extract files..., and putting in the correct path to the mods folder but it still doesn't show up when I extract the file. If I just right click and tell it "Extract Here" from the 7zip menu it goes into my Documents.

I'm not sure why I'm having such difficulty with the installation. Is there any possibility this mod will come with an installer in the future?

Thank you !
    Last edited by Firnafin; March 23, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

I keep working at it but no progress. I extract it to my mods folder but it doesn't show up. I have to click on "compatibility files" to see it and then it is under C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods and doesn't have the files to launch it. I've tried downloading it to my Documents and also straight into the mods folder and extracting it from both places and neither works. Any help?

Also, whenever I'm extracting it with 7zip its having an error extracting the shortcut and the .bat file. Does Vista have a hand in these issues?
    Last edited by jp1747; March 24, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Well, you don't really install anything, just extract it. Hence, I'm not sure exactly what's going wrong here. Maybe you simply have the path wrong? It should be SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Age_of_Discovery\medieval2.age_of_discovery.bat

I think I did read something about an error regarding M2TW and Vista's virtual store "feature" but for the life of me I can't recall what it was. I can't imagine it's the download however, or, with almost 2,000 downloads someone else would have complained about corrupt files by now. So, I'm going to guess it is something about Vista, or perhaps you're running something like STEAM?

Hmm, I'm not using Steam. I think the download is ok, the issue seems to be with extracting it. It doesn't show up in my mods folder correctly. It goes into that Virtual Store if I try to extract it to my mods folder. Does it matter where I save the file to before I extract it? I'll try to extract it again to the path you provided.

Well I seem to have it working ok right now. I couldn't get it to extract to my mods folder at all so I tried again by just extracting it to my Documents and then copying the folder and pasting it in my mods and it launched. I'm playing in the window and want to change it but I can't find the file in my preferences file to change it. All I see is keys, advice, and keys.dat. Inside keys is only custom.dat. Where does it say windowed? Thanks for your help.

LOL, I've answered the windowed question like 8 times now guys. The option is in the ageofdiscovery.cfg file just below the .bat one.

go to the mod folder and open the cfg file called medieval2.ageofdiscovery.txt Look for "windowed = true" and change true to false.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Malaise View Post
    It's set that way in the preferences file. Open it open and changed windowed to 0 or false.
    The two answers you gave conflicted for me because it is NOT in my preferences file. Thanks for the respectful clarification.

In the CONFIG file, not the preferences folder. .cfg right under the .bat that you load the mod with, it has the same file name except for the end extension. Also, if it's not there, you have to type it in under [video] yourself, but if it's not there you're looking at the wrong file since it is there in the download I put up.

Quote Originally Posted by stig View Post
    Hello.

I installed the mod to mods folder. installed the patch . And the siege fix.
    Everything is fine except the battle hud. Most of it is just white, and i can only see a few units.
    Arf... Hello again

I have exactly the same problem, and I don't known how to fix it

Thank

EDIT : I found how, it's now working
    Last edited by Firnafin; March 31, 2011 at 10:12 AM.

Laetus

is there any mods for the original version, not kingdoms, and its ver. 1.03 i think and one with an installer would be nice too cuz i cant figure this cra* out

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Downloading now.. Absolutely love Expanded Americas so i can't see this disappointing. Many thnx

Can you upload .rar files?, i dont understand what to do with .001 & .002

I agree with Saico because I just wasted half a gig downloading 1 part and it didn't work. And I'm on limited broadband so i'd prefer to get the most bang out of my buck. I hope you can get us some .rar links because I'm anxious to try this out.