Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

Default Re: Age of Discovery: Total War (completed!)

The save games are from an AAR I was doing for the mod I think. So, unless you want to pick up my AoD AAR from where I left off, you can go ahead and delete them, yes. Also, if the game is running, then everything is installed I believe.

Orihalco's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by stig View Post
    Hello.

I installed the mod to mods folder. installed the patch . And the siege fix.
    Everything is fine except the battle hud. Most of it is just white, and i can only see a few units.
    I am also having this problem. I tried moving the contents as you said worked for you, but it did not work for me. The mod looks amazing, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalco View Post
    I am also having this problem. I tried moving the contents as you said worked for you, but it did not work for me. The mod looks amazing, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by General Malaise
    Try deleting the battle.sd file in the mod's ui folder then.

If it still doesn't work, it sounds like something didn't install right for you, either M2TW, Kingdoms, or one of the patches. Can't be the mod installation though, as all you do is extract the game to the mods folder.

Orihalco's Avatar Civis

Ah hah! Thank you very much good sir. Great job by the way; I will absolutely love it now that I can enjoy the battles!

thank you

Orihalco's Avatar Civis

Question:
    I am playing as the Celts and its past turn 60 and I still haven't gotten 'The World is Round' event, therefore I can't see much of the minimap over in America. Is there anything I should do? Or should I just wait it out and see if it eventually happens...

Edit: I am currently siege-ing the Apaches, so I have definitely made contact with the Native People.
    Last edited by Orihalco; October 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM.

The Celts? You mean Kingdom of Ireland? Anyway, the World is Round event is irrelevant to the gameplay in this mod so don't worry about it. If you really want to trigger it anyway, try sailing around the west tip of Cuba I believe. Turn 60 is only 30 years by the way. The rest of Europe doesn't discover America on its own until around 1492 (assuming you don't find it first).

Orihalco's Avatar Civis

I tried sailing to Cuba, but to no avail; I guess I will just have to eventually work my way down to there. Anyway, a couple other things that I have noticed about this mod so far is that sometimes when I am fighting against the Apaches, the commander's picture comes up at a block of magenta. So far along in my conquests I have only been able to build cities in the new world; are there places that I can build castles? After I have vacated a fort, it does not disappear from the campaign map; feature or something to consider changing?

I don't want to sound like I am dogging this mod, because to be quite honest, it is one of the better ones that I have played. The fact that everyone is at war all the time and the diplomatic information scroll is always full is great. I just realize that this is one of the first releases of this mod, and that anything that is out of the ordinary should be accounted for and explained.

Great work on the mod, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

I tried sailing to Cuba, but to no avail; I guess I will just have to eventually work my way down to there.
    The spot is very specific for some reason. I think it might have something to do with the map being expanded and altered from vanilla. In any event, it's irrelevant to gameplay as I said.

Anyway, a couple other things that I have noticed about this mod so far is that sometimes when I am fighting against the Apaches, the commander's picture comes up at a block of magenta.
    Yeah, that's a bug. I tried to fixing it, but I couldn't find any information about it. It doesn't affect play and it happens rarely (at least rarely in my experience) so I just released the mod with that bug still there.

So far along in my conquests I have only been able to build cities in the new world; are there places that I can build castles?
    No, all New World settlements are marked as cities not castles and the buildings associated with them thus require cities. I didn't really put much effort into seeing if they could be made castles because castles in the New World is pretty ahistorical anyway, and it also makes it a bit more challenging and realistic in that you have to ship quality troops overseas.

After I have vacated a fort, it does not disappear from the campaign map; feature or something to consider changing?
    That's a feature, and why they are more expensive to build than in vanilla. Forts also grant free upkeep to, I believe 4 units, when they are garrisoned in them. I wanted to make forts actually get more use than in vanilla for my mod. You can change that yourself easily enough though if you don't like that feature. If so, ask and I'll show you.

Orihalco's Avatar Civis

Thanks for clearing all of my questions up

I'll let you know if I find anything else

Great, another Renaissance mod! Ok, there are Renaissance Total war (only for an old patch version of med 2), eras total conquest and for king or country. Oh, and Chivalry 2 has a Renaissance campaign aswell. And some other mod might have one aswell. But I am always happy to see a mod about this really interesting age. Does your mod featurefaction leader battle models (I like mods with special leader and heir models)? Are the Papal States playable? Which units have beenadded? Are there screenshots somewhere? You stated that you took things from Expanded Americas and renaissance Total War, so can your mod be considered as an adaption for kingdoms?
    Edit: Just read my text and recognised it could be interpreted offensively. This is no sarcastic post, I really like the timeframe.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; October 29, 2010 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    Does your mod featurefaction leader battle models (I like mods with special leader and heir models)?
    Not sure what you mean. The leaders look different on the battle map and campaign map but they aren't individualized per faction.

Are the Papal States playable?
    Yes.

Which units have beenadded?
    I didn't make any entirely new units really, except for Cossack Cavalry who I changed from bows to muskets. Other units had their names and flavor descriptions changed and/or their stats changed.

Are there screenshots somewhere?
    Check my sig for a link to an AAR I did for the mod. There are many screens there.

You stated that you took things from Expanded Americas and renaissance Total War, so can your mod be considered as an adaption for kingdoms?
    Yes, AoD is for M2:TW - Kingdoms only.

Quote Originally Posted by General Malaise View Post
    Not sure what you mean. The leaders look different on the battle map and campaign map but they aren't individualized per faction.
    I mean, do the faction leaders and heirs have other models (on campaign map and in battles) than normal family members or generals? And another question: Didyou implent the Aztec town reskin?
    Edit: I looked it up in the campaign script, yes you have faction leader and heir models (using the great looking Norman King model).
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; October 30, 2010 at 02:46 AM.

Orihalco's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    I mean, do the faction leaders and heirs have other models (on campaign map and in battles) than normal family members or generals? And another question: Didyou implent the Aztec town reskin?
    Edit: I looked it up in the campaign script, yes you have faction leader and heir models (using the great looking Norman King model).
    I don't mean to sound like I'm answering for him since I don't know the answer, but I would suggest downloading this mod and checking it out for yourself. Download and installation takes 10 minutes tops- you won't be disappointed!

I don't mean to sound like I'm answering for him since I don't know the answer, but I would suggest downloading this mod and checking it out for yourself. Download and installation takes 10 minutes tops- you won't be disappointed!
    I already did exactly that.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Good mod this. It would be cool if someone continues it with new units and stuff but still as is its a fun modification.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Just realized the AAR link in my sig was directing to the old rapidshare download and not the AAR thread for some weird reason. Anyway, for people still wanting to see screens the link should work now.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381589
    The pictures towards the end are better than the early ones I took, if you're not interestedi n reading.

uh nice mod dude but, its almost like a world war with way too many armys on map
    could you fix the economy somehow ?!
    uh and-
    if i add any type of artillery unit to my ships the movement speed of the ship lowers ?!
    raise the movement speed for ships- pimp the musketeers they are useless in america ?!
    and fix the economy

hehe

hi, on the campaign map, in the little map in the corner a large section has been cut off in the america area to the very left of the map. i have installed the patch so i dont know how i fix it. please help

Don't use the patch. Use the strategy informer links in my sig only.

Also, not all of America is present in the game.
    Last edited by General Malaise; November 08, 2010 at 01:08 PM.