Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BUG REPORT Thread - Report the bugs you experience here

Default Re: BUG REPORT Thread - Report the bugs you experience here

0.99, I'm gonna to reinstall the whole version...

EDIT: I istal version 0.99 like this, I run the program and let it install in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War, then I run the installer and I run the game and poof, something like CA LIBS with no text in it appears, strange?

I think CA means Creative assembly
    Last edited by Xoxoman; September 07, 2010 at 10:13 AM.

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Have you made other changes in your installation? From what you say, seems like your installation is corrupted or other mods create some kind of conflict there. If you have the mood, you should try reinstalling Med2. Remember 1.3 version is needed.
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

Thats the prob, 1,3.

What version of the vanilla are you running?

Laetus

Hi Everyone,
    I'm trying this mod, really into it, but I got that "common" Briton CTD. When I look at the logfile it states:

00:09:28.703 [data.xml.tag] [error] File:[HundredYearWar__0.99/data/descr_movies.xml]Error: empty tag.(4:26)
    00:09:28.734 [data.xml.tag] [error] File:[HundredYearWar__0.99/data/descr_movies_tracks.xml]Error: empty tag.(6:20)
    00:10:13.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in HundredYearWar__0.99/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3509, column 1

The character record Prince Gonçalo is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    00:10:13.531 [script.err] [error] Script Error in HundredYearWar__0.99/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3931, column 1
    The character record Prince Laureyns is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    00:11:22.359 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

And indeed when I looked through the family tree, the heir is not in here... would it be the cause of error ? or is it coming from the two data xml tags empty ?
    Like for the other it is crashing as soon as I try to click on a character.

Hope it helps, I'm really looking forward to playing this mod !

Ciao,
    Grim

As said, i will look into it once I find the time. RL really presses me hard atm sorry to let you down for the time being...

eatme's Avatar Senator

Particularly the problem seems with Bretagne, Castilla and Flanders, since they don't have designated FHs.

The family tree in Bretagne is missing FH, so the game crashes when selecting any general. Seems like you did not incorporate Charles of Blois into family tree, since he is not of the ducal house..

As a solution to this kinda problem in dHHR, we make extended FTrees, in order to portray these complex family relationships. I had to make some Ftrees with 3-4 past generations just to portray the relationship of the starting characters accurately. Besides in this way you will always have FH -)

Btw, is it intended that some of the settlements have no buildings whatsoever at game start ?
    For instance, in Brittany, town of Rennes was no less developed than Nantes. In fact Rennes was fortified better that most of towns in France and had stone walls from 12th cent.
    Last edited by eatme; September 30, 2010 at 02:47 AM.

Btw, is it intended that some of the settlements have no buildings whatsoever at game start ?
    For instance, in Brittany, town of Rennes was no less developed than Nantes. In fact Rennes was fortified better that most of towns in France and had stone walls from 12th cent.
    Some towns are still not polished as much as we'd like.

About the Britagne grash, that's a helpful insight. Will look into it once I reach the bug resolving phase.

Thank you very much.

The rudimentary development of towns in Bretagne is entirely my fault. I did not spend as much time as I wanted with Bretagne when I implemented it.

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Icon5 Re: BUG REPORT Thread - Report the bugs you experience here

I don't really know that this is a bug. I am playing as the English and my castle can recruit EnglishKnights now that I have a Knights Stable. The only problem is that once I recruit 1 EnglishKnight, No more become available for recruitment. It doesnt say in so many turn 1 will or anything. I just recruit the EnglishKnight that becomes available upon completion of the KnightsStable and then no more appear. Whats wrong with that or how are they suppose 2 be recruited or what? I dont know and could use some help please.

scotts are kind of strange. Coming in great armies in the beginning of game , and their moral is too high, I nearly destroyed all of scottish bodyguards and pikemen with my longbowmen , but they continued fighting and defeated my knights!!!

The game is really pro-scottish ! I've just won a battle against huge scottish army and choose to execute prisoners. The game crashed immediately !

When i try to run the game the screen goes black and it says "Out of Range". How can i fix this?

I get a CTD everytime I quit a campaign or finish a battle :/

Hi, it's the first mod i tried. I downloaded the auto-installer version and when i begun the installation i had a problem, it ended suddenly with a message:
    "cannot create the following file: c:\...\Medival II Total War\Uninstall The Hundred Years War ver 0.99."

I have MTWII Gold edition v1.3. I already tried afeter uninstall the other mod (Crusade, Brittania, etc...).

I too seem to get random CTD's unfortunately, sometimes after battles, sometimes not

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Nanaki404's Avatar Laetus

Hi !

I'm get random CTDs too, and it seems to be when a loading screen is supposed to appear (starting a battle, end of a battle, loading a file, and even starting the game after the cinematic).
    They are totally random, because when it crash, I try again the same thing and it works.

Maybe there is a problem with the quotes (quotes are random so are the CTDs, quotes appear on the loading screen when CTDs happened, quotes have been modified (obviously not the same as vanilla))...

Anyway, it's not too much of a problem, because I save REALLY often...

Good to know, I never thought quotes could be the source of the problem. I will check it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmomo View Post
    Hi, it's the first mod i tried. I downloaded the auto-installer version and when i begun the installation i had a problem, it ended suddenly with a message:
    "cannot create the following file: c:\...\Medival II Total War\Uninstall The Hundred Years War ver 0.99."

I have MTWII Gold edition v1.3. I already tried afeter uninstall the other mod (Crusade, Brittania, etc...).
    same problem..

Not really a bug but more a suggestion: when playing as Flanders I quickly seized all of northern France. And with all I mean all, I also took out HRE and Burgundy. I think France needs to be strengthened a bit, especially north and HRE needs could be tweaked a bit.
    You could give France some more troops north to keep Flanders (especially player controlled) in line a bit.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast