Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: [Missing] Meneth's Sub-mod Compilation (MSC) 6.0

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Meneth's 6.3 Sub-mod Compilation (MSC) 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
    Thanks for the update, Meneth. LLP does now include watchtowers. I still see two FTT 3.1 options though, with slightly different wording (only a couple different pronouns mostly). Anyone else seeing that? Could it be a result of having extracted FTT 3.1 separately before using this compilation?
    Yes, the file-names are probably different.

Just want to say SSHCP and instantinople can not be used at the same time. They both use the expanded file....but i see your point though there it's not included in your compilation.
    I've mentioned you one time to work with installers....although i have to say that when you replace files manually you know what you are doing....f.e. my first point with the expanded text file.
    Last edited by dominion; August 24, 2010 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Just want to say SSHCP and instantinople can not by used at the same time. They both use the expanded file....but i see your point though there it's not included in your compilation.
    I've mentioned you one time to work with installers....although i have to say that when you replace files manually you know what you are doing....f.e. my first point with the expanded text file.
    Yeah, they're not compatible.
    I'm using a local version which includes both, though, but since I don't have permission from Fair Prince, I won't and can't upload it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Yeah, they're not compatible.
    I'm using a local version which includes both, though, but since I don't have permission from Fair Prince, I won't and can't upload it.
    Alright and what if historydude takes the expanded text file from SSNCP and add his work to this text file....problem would be solved...not?

Alright and what if historydude takes the expanded text file from SSNCP and add his work to this text file....problem would be solved...not?
    No, it'd go against Fair Prince's decision, and it'd be against the forum's rules.

Understood....well you did solve the compatible problem with next heir ancillary...that was the same problem (with other files) but there the author did gave his blessing.

but there the author did gave his blessing.
    Exactly.
    If Fair Prince suddenly decides I can include his sub-mod, I will, if not, I won't.

HbHadast's Avatar Civis

The goal of this sub-mod is to make the life of characters last a bit longer, without sacrificing too much realism, to make it so you don't have to sacrifice big parts of your characters' lifespan to get them educated, and to add childhood traits
    In the few games I played, using several combinations (no sub-mods), there is no education system at all. I even thought that this feature has been taken out from SS 6.3. What's wrong with my campaign then?

Quote Originally Posted by HbHadast View Post
    In the few games I played, using several combinations (no sub-mods), there is no education system at all. I even thought that this feature has been taken out from SS 6.3. What's wrong with my campaign then?
    The old education traits (Kindergarten to Graduate) have been hidden in 6.3. You should get stuff like "Basic Military Education" though.

Tiro
    The great state of North Carolina U.S.A. birthplace of nascar and home of the best barbeque on the e

Hey guys great subMODs! I just installed the compilation (with alot of help from the discussion on page 2) and I was just wondering if you know wich (if any) of the compilations are save game compatible. I already know that faster turn times is having used it before the compilation, but beyond that I'm clueless. The main reason I ask is that I have a hotseat game going with my brother and I think that this would make it a bit more interesting. Oh and one moe thing.
    Great Mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishpsycho View Post
    Hey guys great subMODs! I just installed the compilation (with alot of help from the discussion on page 2) and I was just wondering if you know wich (if any) of the compilations are save game compatible. I already know that faster turn times is having used it before the compilation, but beyond that I'm clueless. The main reason I ask is that I have a hotseat game going with my brother and I think that this would make it a bit more interesting. Oh and one moe thing.
    Great Mods!
    Nothing in here should break your save, though little will apply to an already on-going game.

Default Re: Meneth's 6.3 Sub-mod Compilation (MSC) 2.0 [WARNING! Spoiler PICS]

Hey Meneth,

I found some odd behaviour in the sub-mod compilation.

1) I've been following the compilation from the beginning, and it seems that somwhere the LLP files changed name or something, because I now have two LLPs all the time. The first listed being an older version (I don't know which one, but it doesn't include Permenant watchtowers and is clickable with BGRIV), and the second being whatever latest version is released. Whenever your compilation updates, and I download and install it, only the second listed LLP changes. See below for pic:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2) Also, I found some weird behaviour with BGRIV and Permenant Watchtowers.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just delete the older version from your sub-mod folder (data\campaign\sub), the current version is LiveLongandProsper_early.txt and LiveLongandProsper_late.txt. The old version is probably LiveLongandProsper.txt.
    As for that second thing, that's just the sub-mod manager acting strange. Something is overwriting something else, so most likely something is wrong or bugged due to both BGR and PW being on.
    The reason PW is included in LLP, is because LLP had to start modifying the descr_strat.txt file, which is what PW modifies, too.

Hmmmmm.....so basically what you are saying is that at the end of it all:

BGRIV is NOT compatible with LLP (just cant be selected) &
    BGRIV is NOT compatible with PW (can be selected, but likely causing unknown issues somewhere)

Am I correct? Maybe you can consider putting this information, or similar in your intro where it talks about mod incompatibilities (ie LLP and MH etc). It might prevent others from enabling both BGRIV and PW, leading to a potentially buggy game-play experience.

Final note, seeing as LLP is your child, do you forsee it being compatible and clickable with BGRIV in the near future. They are both too excellent to be mutually exclusive.

Thanks.

And you clearly beat me to it, ha! Respects!

Quote Originally Posted by faken View Post
    Final note, seeing as LLP is your child, do you forsee it being compatible and clickable with BGRIV in the near future. They are both too excellent to be mutually exclusive.

Thanks.
    No, they both change descr_strat.txt, so making them compatible is not possible.

O well its all good,

Thanks though, that incompatibility list you just put up is rather useful. I been playing with BGRIV and NHA and MH all together. Didn't notice any game-breaking bugs or any bugs at all for that matter, but I must've just got lucky.

Thanks gain.

Tiro
    The great state of North Carolina U.S.A. birthplace of nascar and home of the best barbeque on the e

Okay THX

Hello, first, thanks for your job with this mod but i get a problem:

I get a CTD at end of turn two at mongolian turn, i tried differents sub mod combinaisons but they all get the bug, help please!