Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Long and Prosper (LLP) 4.0

preachercheeze's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Live Long and Prosper 2.0

I was thinking if there should be a trait that says that the 'leader' of the bodyguard is the appointed tutor or personal bodyguard... that way we can get away with a 5 year old that speaks like a seasoned warrior...

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Maybe I'll add some text like that to the "Not of Age" trait.
    2.1 will at least make it so that generals at the beginning who are of age, but below 16 (IE. 14 or 15), don't get the "Of Age" notification when they become 16, as they can already move (not planning to make them stuck, many of them are out in the field, and most of them are needed at the start of a campaign) (this is already live in my local version, but I haven't uploaded it yet )
    ETA is at most a few hours, just gotta make sure that characters who are supposed to get the notification do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Maybe I'll add some text like that to the "Not of Age" trait.
    2.1 will at least make it so that generals at the beginning who are of age, but below 16 (IE. 14 or 15), don't get the "Of Age" notification when they become 16, as they can already move (not planning to make them stuck, many of them are out in the field, and most of them are needed at the start of a campaign) (this is already live in my local version, but I haven't uploaded it yet )
    ETA is at most a few hours, just gotta make sure that characters who are supposed to get the notification do so.
    damn... I really wished I could help out more than just giving suggestions...

was thinking if it should be some more traits that is children-like and goes away at 16... a trait like SpoiledBrat that makes the little bugger more prone to catch adult traits that are related to that kind of thing..

Quote Originally Posted by preachercheeze View Post
    damn... I really wished I could help out more than just giving suggestions...

was thinking if it should be some more traits that is children-like and goes away at 16... a trait like SpoiledBrat that makes the little bugger more prone to catch adult traits that are related to that kind of thing..
    Suggestions help a lot.
    Yeah, some child traits might be a good idea, but I don't think many if any of them should have much effect after the character comes of age.
    Maybe I should add a trait that gives a few minuses to governing, to make child-governors somewhat sub-par? It could even decrease in severity as the character got older. Something like:
    +2 to unrest
    10% penalty to trade, farming and tax income
    -6 command
    +10% to building and recruitment costs
    Then halve that at 12 or maybe 10, then remove it at 16.
    Could have 3 stages, maybe, 5-8, 9-12, 13-15.

What happens if your 7 year old gets stuck under siege? Will he be on horseback during the battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderlicious View Post
    What happens if your 7 year old gets stuck under siege? Will he be on horseback during the battly?
    Pretend it's his personal bodyguard, not him. If his bodyguard gets killed, nothing stands in the way of him getting killed, or something.

Default Re: Live Long and Prosper 2.1

• Characters at the start of a campaign who are under 16 will no longer get an "of age" notification when they become 16
    • Sub-manager text-file included (I failed last release)

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Suggestions help a lot.
    Yeah, some child traits might be a good idea, but I don't think many if any of them should have much effect after the character comes of age.
    Maybe I should add a trait that gives a few minuses to governing, to make child-governors somewhat sub-par? It could even decrease in severity as the character got older. Something like:
    +2 to unrest
    10% penalty to trade, farming and tax income
    -6 command
    +10% to building and recruitment costs
    Then halve that at 12 or maybe 10, then remove it at 16.
    Could have 3 stages, maybe, 5-8, 9-12, 13-15.
    I like the idea... a Child trait with three levels with the first is a -100 % in Command, the next is 66 % and the last one is 33% of Command
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Child 1 = This underaged boy has no worries about his future duties. Life is about playing with the other boys in the court. -10 Command, 60 % penalty to trade, farming, mining and tax income, +6 to unrest, -10 authority

Child 2 = The future seems tiresome for this young lad. His future is predetermined as either a great general, a fabulous governor or maybe even a king! Although young, the responsibility lies heavy on this boys shoulders as he can't play any more childrens games. -6 Command, 40 % penalty to trade, mining, farming and tax income, +4 to unrest, -6 authority

Child 3 = This young man is on the brink of adulthood and have gotten some light responsibilities by his tutors. Easier governing tasks and basic military training has made this boy more than ready for the responsibilities that comes of being a part of the royal family. Soon enough he has to prove himself worthy of his family name. -2 Command, 20 % penalty to trade, mining, farming and tax income, +2 to unrest, -3 authority

the unrest part is due to the fact that the city/castle is governed by someone else than the Royal Family (tutor or something)...

Then maybe some other traits as well:

GoodTutorServant level 1
    Antitrait BadTutorServant
    nogoingbacklevel 1

This childs father have very wisely placed his faith on this family retainer that have given the responsibility for this boy. He makes sure that the trust is well-placed by seeing to the boys education, military training and also helps governing the city in the fathers absence. +2 Command, 10% bonus to trade, farming and tax income, +2 to Law

BadTutorServant level 1
    Antitrait GoodTutorServant
    nogoingbacklevel 1

Why this man was placed as tutor for this boy is beyond all that stands close to the royal family. This man sees his position as a mean of getting personal power and wealth. He neglects his duties to the young boy and ruthlessly spend the money intended for his tutelage and training. -2 Command, 25% penalty to trade, farming and tax income, +4 to unrest

maybe the tax, farming and trade penalty is too high, but I feel that it at least must be 50 % or more when the child is still underaged

I like the idea... a Child trait with three levels with the first is a -100 % in Command, the next is 66 % and the last one is 33% of Command

Child 1 = This underaged boy has no worries about his future duties. Life is about playing with the other boys in the court. -10 Command, 60 % penalty to trade, farming, mining and tax income, +6 to unrest, -10 authority

Child 2 = The future seems tiresome for this young lad. His future is predetermined as either a great general, a fabulous governor or maybe even a king! Although young, the responsibility lies heavy on this boys shoulders as he can't play any more childrens games. -6 Command, 40 % penalty to trade, mining, farming and tax income, +4 to unrest, -6 authority

Child 3 = This young man is on the brink of adulthood and have gotten some light responsibilities by his tutors. Easier governing tasks and basic military training has made this boy more than ready for the responsibilities that comes of being a part of the royal family. Soon enough he has to prove himself worthy of his family name. -2 Command, 20 % penalty to trade, mining, farming and tax income, +2 to unrest, -3 authority

the unrest part is due to the fact that the city/castle is governed by someone else than the Royal Family (tutor or something)...

Then maybe some other traits as well:

GoodTutorServant level 1
    Antitrait BadTutorServant
    nogoingbacklevel 1

This childs father have very wisely placed his faith on this family retainer that have given the responsibility for this boy. He makes sure that the trust is well-placed by seeing to the boys education, military training and also helps governing the city in the fathers absence. +2 Command, 10% bonus to trade, farming and tax income, +2 to Law

BadTutorServant level 1

Antitrait GoodTutorServant
    nogoingbacklevel 1

Why this man was placed as tutor for this boy is beyond all that stands close to the royal family. This man sees his position as a mean of getting personal power and wealth. He neglects his duties to the young boy and ruthlessly spend the money intended for his tutelage and training. -2 Command, 25% penalty to trade, farming and tax income, +4 to unrest
    [/spoiler]
    maybe the tax, farming and trade penalty is too high, but I feel that it at least must be 50 % or more when the child is still underaged
    I think those penalties are overdoing it a little, but I think I'll implement something somewhat less severe
    Give me a while to make some rough drafts, then I'll post again, then do some tweaking.

Okay, got this so far:
    Child trait
    ;LLP traits
    Trait Child
    Characters family

Level Child1
    Description Child1_desc
    EffectsDescription Child1_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect Command -6
    Effect TroopMorale -3
    Effect Unrest 3
    Effect TaxCollection -30
    Effect Trading -30
    Effect Farming -3
    Effect Mining -30
    Construction -15
    Level Child2
    Description Child2_desc
    EffectsDescription Child2_effects_desc
    GainMessage Child2_gain_desc
    Threshold 2

Effect Command -4
    Effect TroopMorale -2
    Effect Unrest 2
    Effect TaxCollection -20
    Effect Trading -20
    Effect Farming -2
    Effect Mining -20
    Construction -10
    Level Child3
    Description Child3_desc
    EffectsDescription Child3_effects_desc
    GainMessage Child3_gain_desc
    Threshold 3

Effect Command -2
    Effect TroopMorale -1
    Effect Unrest 1
    Effect TaxCollection -10
    Effect Trading -10
    Effect Farming -1
    Effect Mining -10
    Construction -5
    {Child1}Very Young
    {Child1_desc}This child is too young to properly understand governing a settlement or commanding an army. If he's in charge, his tutors do almost all of the governing.
    {Child1_effects_desc}-6 command, -3 troop morale, +3 unrest, 30% penalty to trade, mining, farming and tax income, +15% to building costs
    {Child2}Young
    {Child2_desc}This child now understands governing a settlement or commanding an army better, but is still not fit for duty. If he's in charge, his tutors do most of the governing.
    {Child2_effects_desc}-4 command, -2 troop morale, +2 unrest, 20% penalty to trade, mining, farming and tax income, +10% to building costs
    {Child2_gain_desc}This character is now a bit more fit for rule.
    {Child3}Adolescent
    {Child3_desc}This adolescent is soon, but not quite, ready to properly govern a settlement or command an army. If he's in charge, his tutors do some of the governing.
    {Child3_effects_desc}-2 command, -1 troop morale, +1 unrest, 10% penalty to trade, mining, farming and tax income, +5% to building costs
    {Child3_gain_desc}This character is soon fit for rule.

perfect... I think that implementing the GoodTutorServant/BadTutorServant might show a good boost in the Command/Governing attributes... a good Tutor might actually be a good thing for the settlement alas a bad Tutor might even make it revolt!

perfect... I think that implementing the GoodTutorServant/BadTutorServant might show a good boost in the Command/Governing attributes... a good Tutor might actually be a good thing for the settlement alas a bad Tutor might even make it revolt!
    One trait at a time
    First, I've got to ensure what I have so far doesn't cause a CTD. DONE
    Then I have to implement some triggers and test it.
    Then I can upload that as 2.5.
    Then I can start working on further traits.

Triggers made.
    Now I just need to test if they work properly, so I have to play till one of my characters is 16

• Characters will now get command and governing penalties which gradually decrease while they're under 16

Upcoming:

• Traits exclusive to under-age characters (many will influence later traits)

If anyone has any ideas for under-age traits, please post them.

Spoiled brat - a trait that can trigger some really bad adult traits... don't know any from the head right now (sitting on the laptop) but maybe penalties to trade, tax and construction. During childhood nothing special.

Humble child - antitrait above... triggers adult traits such as Austere, KindRuler, Just and such...

==============================

Dropped at birth - severe risk at gaining stupidity traits, maybe Hideous trait also?

=============================

Oidipus complex - not-so-healthy-relations to Mother... perhaps some interesting adult traits that gives infertility and/or unrest

Miraculously healed - The child had a severe disease (maybe triggered by a Plauge) but survived... Piety and health bonuses with start from the cure until death by age...

Sadistic kid - Killed a lot of bugs and cats as a child. Some adult dread and perhaps some other nice ruthless traits (torturer or benign ruler) and a bonus to command

Nice kid - Antitrait above - Didn't harm any animals or participated in any fights... Chivalry and Kind ruler perhaps...? penalty to command...

=================

Curious boy - greater chance of Intelligence trait and maybe a penalty to Piety

=========================

Spoiled brat - a trait that can trigger some really bad adult traits... don't know any from the head right now (sitting on the laptop) but maybe penalties to trade, tax and construction. During childhood nothing special.

Humble child - antitrait above... triggers adult traits such as Austere, KindRuler, Just and such...

==============================

Dropped at birth - severe risk at gaining stupidity traits, maybe Hideous trait also?

Oidipus complex - not-so-healthy-relations to Mother... perhaps some interesting adult traits that gives infertility and/or unrest

Miraculously healed - The child had a severe disease (maybe triggered by a Plauge) but survived... Piety and health bonuses with start from the cure until death by age...

Sadistic kid - Killed a lot of bugs and cats as a child. Some adult dread and perhaps some other nice ruthless traits (torturer or benign ruler) and a bonus to command

Nice kid - Antitrait above - Didn't harm any animals or participated in any fights... Chivalry and Kind ruler perhaps...? penalty to command...

=================

Curious boy - greater chance of Intelligence trait and maybe a penalty to Piety

=========================
    Sounds interesting, let me see what I can do.

Working on the tutors atm.
    What I have so far
    Trait HasGoodTutor
    Characters family
    AntiTraits HasBadTutor

Level HasGoodTutor
    Description HasGoodTutor_desc
    EffectsDescription HasGoodTutor_effects_desc
    GainMessage HasGoodTutor_gain_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect Law 3
    Effect TaxCollection 25
    Effect Trading 25
    Effect Mining 25
    Effect Farming 2
    Effect Construction 10

Trait HasBadTutor
    Characters family
    AntiTraits HasGoodTutor

Level HasBadTutor
    Description HasBadTutor_desc
    EffectsDescription HasBadTutor_effects_desc
    GainMessage HasBadTutor_gain_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect Unrest 3
    Effect TaxCollection -25
    Effect Trading -25
    Effect Mining -25
    Effect Farming -2
    Effect Construction -10

{HasGoodTutor}Has a Good Tutor
    {HasGoodTutor_desc}This child's tutor is good at his job of teaching him and running any settlement the child gets set as the governor of.
    {HasGoodTutor_effects_desc}+3 Law, +25% income from taxes, trading and mining, +2 farming output, 10% off construction costs
    {HasGoodTutor_gain_desc}This child has been appointed a good tutor.
    {HasBadTutor}Has a Bad Tutor
    {HasBadTutor_desc}This child's tutor is bad at his job of teaching him and running any settlement the child gets set as the governor of.
    {HasBadTutor_effects_desc}+3 Unrest, -25% income from taxes, trading and mining, -2 farming output, 10% higher construction costs
    {HasBadTutor_gain_desc}This child has been appointed a bad tutor.

At coming of age, there's a 30% chance to get HasGoodTutor, and a 15% chance to get HasBadTutor.
    Not sure what traits they should make more likely, though. Any ideas?

Tutors finished.
    Traits they trigger
    GoodCommander 5%
    Good tutor:
    GoodAdministrator 20%
    GoodFarmer 10%
    GoodMiner 8%
    GoodEngineer 5%
    GoodTrader 20%
    GoodBuilder 15%
    GoodTaxman 5%
    Disciplinarian 5%
    Intelligent 5%
    HumbleChild 5%

Bad tutor:
    BadCommander 5%
    BadDisciplinarian 5%
    BadAdministrator 8%
    BadEngineer 5%
    BadTrader 5%
    BadBuilder 8%
    BadTaxman 5%
    SpoiledBrat 5%

The %ages are per turn, to get a single point. How big a percentage is is based on the thresholds of the trait.
    If anyone has any ideas for further traits they should cause, do tell.
    Or if anyone has any ideas for more childhood traits.

Humble Child and Spoiled Brat finished.
    Code
    Trait SpoiledBrat
    Characters family
    AntiTraits HumbleChild

Level SpoiledBrat
    Description SpoiledBrat_desc
    EffectsDescription SpoiledBrat_effects_desc
    GainMessage SpoiledBrat_gain_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect Unrest 1
    Effect TaxCollection -10
    Effect Construction -5

Trait HumbleChild
    Characters family
    AntiTraits SpoiledBrat

Level HumbleChild
    Description HumbleChild_desc
    EffectsDescription HumbleChild_effects_desc
    GainMessage HumbleChild_gain_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect TaxCollection 10
    Effect Construction 5

{SpoiledBrat}Spoiled Brat
    {SpoiledBrat_desc}Spoiled too much by his tutors and/or his parents, this child has become greedy and a general nusiance.
    {SpoiledBrat_effects_desc}+1 Unrest, -10% tax income, +5% cost to construction
    {SpoiledBrat_gain_desc}This child has become a spoiled brat.
    {HumbleChild}Has a Bad Tutor
    {HumbleChild_desc}Since his parents and/or his tutors have taught him to be humble people like being around him and he manages not to squander money.
    {HumbleChild_effects_desc}+1 Popularity, +10% tax income, -5% construction costs
    {HumbleChild_gain_desc}This child has become humble.

Traits they trigger:
    Spoiled Brat:
    Corrupt 5
    Embezzler 5
    Liar 5
    ExpensiveTastes 5
    Epicurean 5
    HarshRuler 5
    Unjust 5
    Slothful 5

Humble Child:
    Upright 5
    Austere 5
    Stoic 5
    KindRuler 5
    Just 5
    Emergetic 5

As always, more ideas are appreciated.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

wow! alot of work so far. in all honesty i think i will stick with your 1.1 version. i think it works perfect with the coming of age at 12. by the time they get to their first battle and SS 6.3's goofy aging they are well past 16 years anyway!