Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Long and Prosper (LLP) 4.0

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Live Long and Prosper 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by preachercheeze View Post
    can't you do something that makes all generals between the age of 12 and 16 have 0 movementpoints... that way, they are "stuck in school" until mature enough... that way, the can come of age at the age of 7, helping them more to gain the trait of Heir if the FL dies....

actually... come to think of it.... if you make the character come of age at the age of 1 (or 0 if possible) and make the movement points as 0 until 16, then one can do a ancillary that "crowns" the next heir after the current heir becomes FL... the new ancillary will give +10 authority which gives the greatest chance of becoming next in line for heir...

the code might be something like this:

if_newborn=sonOfHeir then GiveAncillary nextcrown

or a transferrable such that the FL gets in the second turn (along with Privy Seal and such)...
    Yes, that should be possible, all I'd need to do is:

1. Figure out how to make traits disappear after x years
    2. Add a trait that gives -100 movement points or so
    3. Make it get applied when characters come of age
    4. Change the ComeofAge time to 5 years or so (to give the player time to get the character in a good school, not stuck wherever his father was at inception)

The next heir would become heir automatically, though, as he'd be of age and the king's son, so any sort of ancillary like that shouldn't be necessary.

I'll take a look and see if I can code anything like this later.
    If I do manage to code something like this, when do people want characters to get un-stuck? 14? 16? 18?

If your military minded general comes of age in a city, he wont get the proper education because you can't move him to a castle.
    Maybe make the character not stuck for the first turn? Maybe with extra movement to ensure he can get to the right place?

preachercheeze's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Yes, that should be possible, all I'd need to do is:

1. Figure out how to make traits disappear after x years
    2. Add a trait that gives -100 movement points or so
    3. Make it get applied when characters come of age
    4. Change the ComeofAge time to 5 years or so (to give the player time to get the character in a good school, not stuck wherever his father was at inception)

The next heir would become heir automatically, though, as he'd be of age and the king's son, so any sort of ancillary like that shouldn't be necessary.

I'll take a look and see if I can code anything like this later.
    If I do manage to code something like this, when do people want characters to get un-stuck? 14? 16? 18?

Maybe make the character not stuck for the first turn? Maybe with extra movement to ensure he can get to the right place?
    the "next heir" trait was if someone wants another heir than the one chosen (and his next of kin)... the mechanics indicates that it is autority rather than lineage that dictates this... but anyway, you're right that it might be unnecessary if character comes of age at an early age....

the remove_trait trigger should work... eg. remove_trait this GoodCommander

is it hardcoded which provinces a character comes of age in? or can you just change so all comes of age at the capital and let the trait "Military_minded" get points from the universities just as "Administratly minded" does?

but I must say, that letting the character come of age at 5-6 is better cause then the general can get to a castle OR city in time for him to develope and maybe one turn of move himself otherwise a general NOT in a city/castle will get stuck until coming of age (which I feel should be 16)

the "next heir" trait was if someone wants another heir than the one chosen (and his next of kin)... the mechanics indicates that it is autority rather than lineage that dictates this... but anyway, you're right that it might be unnecessary if character comes of age at an early age....

the remove_trait trigger should work... eg. remove_trait this GoodCommander

is it hardcoded which provinces a character comes of age in? or can you just change so all comes of age at the capital and let the trait "Military_minded" get points from the universities just as "Administratly minded" does?

but I must say, that letting the character come of age at 5-6 is better cause then the general can get to a castle OR city in time for him to develope and maybe one turn of move himself otherwise a general NOT in a city/castle will get stuck until coming of age (which I feel should be 16)
    I wouldn't know where to look to make people come of age in the capital, at least

newt's Avatar Primicerius

They come of age where their father is, unless he's out somewhere then he shows up at the capital. You can only script them to spawn somewhere if you know their name, and since names are generated randomly from a list, it wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    They come of age where their father is, unless he's out somewhere then he shows up at the capital. You can only script them to spawn somewhere if you know their name, and since names are generated randomly from a list, it wont work.
    I knew about when they come of age (capital OR place of fathers location)... didn't know if it was hardcoded though...

on another note... I don't think it is possible, but a script that adds a risk of the Wife gaining plauge or something.... if General is in a settlement maybe then WifeIsPlaugebearer... if there is a possible trigger for killing wifes then

if trait WifeIsPlaugebearer then Wife dies 1%

or something...

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Is it possible to refer to them as their title? I.e. family member, general, or conquistador in kingdoms.
    Just goin out on a limb though..

Working on preachercheeze's idea.
    Finally got the game to start with my changes
    Now, it kicks me back to the campaign screen whenever I try to start a campaign, though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Working on preachercheeze's idea.
    Finally got the game to start with my changes
    Now, it kicks me back to the campaign screen whenever I try to start a campaign, though :/
    perhaps there is a built in code that hinders younger ages? just try to start the campaign one year lowered at a time?

perhaps there is a built in code that hinders younger ages? just try to start the campaign one year lowered at a time?
    Maybe, it says "00:54:42.336 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1189, column 95
    Character 'Heinrich' is too young to be a named character at age 14."
    So I think I might have ed up something in descr_campaign_db.xml by setting AgeofManhood to 5.
    Edit: think I found the problem: an un-closed tag in the descr_campaign_db.xml. /facepalm

Yup, that was the cause.
    Now, to see if my changes have any effect and don't cause a CTD...

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    Is it possible to refer to them as their title? I.e. family member, general, or conquistador in kingdoms.
    Just goin out on a limb though..

You would have to script it in campaign_script.txt with a

console_command move_character "This Dude" 242,156

You can't move them if you don't know their name

I think it's finally working now!
    "Only" took me like half an hour of coding, then one and a half of debugging Edit: and another hour of further testing, tweaking and debugging.
    So, characters should start education at age 5 and get un-stuck at age 16?
    If anyone disagrees, this is the time to speak up.

Default Re: Live Long and Prosper 2.0

• Characters now come of age at 5, but can't move till they are 16 (except for the first turn), this is so that they can get an education, but can't be used in battle

Time to speak up delayed. If they cant move, how do you bring them to a better school?
    Because of this making the 6 yr old abke to become prince, im very happy and might use it

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    Time to speak up delayed. If they cant move, how do you bring them to a better school?
    Because of this making the 6 yr old abke to become prince, im very happy and might use it
    You can move them the first turn (though the AI can't, to prevent AI generals getting stuck out in the field for 10 turns), and there's a +50 movement point bonus for that one turn.

Wow. I'm liking this mod Might even install your sub mod compilation.
    And good call with the ai as well. with bgr they would drop like flies :

The only problem I can see is when you come of age in a full city, it spawns you outside of it. If this happens to the ai, it can be exploited. And not just by the player, who can have some self-control, but the ai will attack the immobile person no problem.

The only problem I can see is when you come of age in a full city, it spawns you outside of it. If this happens to the ai, it can be exploited. And not just by the player, who can have some self-control, but the ai will attack the immobile person no problem.
    there might be a work around this... let's just beta test it for starters?

Unless the faction is being heavily assaulted and is holed up in a city I don't really see it being an issue because they rarely garrison a city fully.

And no, there isn't a workaround AFAIK. You can't move him unless you know his name, and you can't pick where characters are spawned for the same reason.

you could remove the movement point lock based on if it's the ai and ended turn out of settlement, and if he ended his turn in a settlement you could lock him again

but you can't force him to move into a settlement, so you will have a 6 year old running around leading armies, unless you happened to get lucky and he stops in a city.

That should happen so rarely it's not much of a problem.
    I can't remember the AI ever having a full stack in a settlement, and if it's the player, the player has a turn to move the character somewhere safe.