Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumbing Down the Rebels

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Dumbing Down the Rebels

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    It simply changes a db table to alter the troops types available for rebel forces spawning in each country. Should be OK.
    Thanks.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

Can you explain why you have chosen not to downgrade their experience?

Motivation, indeed, should be maxed out in my opinion by experience should be about 0 aswell (apart from the left-over veterans)..

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Great idea for your mod!
    Experience is good like that
    Need restart a 1805 campaign?
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    Can you explain why you have chosen not to downgrade their experience?

Motivation, indeed, should be maxed out in my opinion by experience should be about 0 aswell (apart from the left-over veterans)..
    There needs to be some challenge,

Actually, I think it reflects that these are the soldiers who fought previously, have come out of 'retirement' or even mercenaries, and have regrouped under their own steam and local officers. The zero-experienced town and countryfolk I think you are referring to were likely beaten down or killed in the defense of the city in the first place.

Sorry for this newbie question but what is the difference of movie format version to the mod version? does it require to install both?

BTW it would be cool cuz its embarrassing top nations can't defeat you but a bunch of rebels can? lol

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonSpade View Post
    Sorry for this newbie question but what is the difference of movie format version to the mod version? does it require to install both?

BTW it would be cool cuz its embarrassing top nations can't defeat you but a bunch of rebels can? lol
    I hear ya on the embarassment... You can use either file. No need to use both.

The 'movie' version you just place in the data folder. The 'mod' version you also put in your data folder but you have to trigger by adding it to your user.script.

I agree with you and Thank you

Thanks, the elite rebs at higher difficulty settings spoil the game.

IMO CA has really screwed up rebellions in recent games. I remember in MTW1 they were generally much more realistic, and IIRC there were several different types of rebellion depending on the reasons for the unhappiness:

1. Religious uprising, which usually comprised large numbers of low-tier infantry backed up by some religious fanatics and also possibly by some religious order troops.

2. Loyalist rebellion, which usually happened soon after a province had been conquered and had some higher tier units as well as low tier infantry.

3. Bandits, which usually happened in poorly garrisoned provinces and usually comprised "bandit" type units such as horseman and light infantry.

4. Popular uprising, which were generally larger and made up of a wide range of different units representing the whole of the population rising up against the oppresors.

5. Peasant uprising, which was made up of large numbers of peasant and miltia units.

The units involved in the uprising were also location specific: eg. Highlander units in Scotland, Kerns and Gallowglasses in Ireland, Bulgar Brigands in the Balkans. Also some provinces which were historically rebellious were programmed to be very difficult to control (Portugal, Scotland, the Balkans).

All in all I think the MTW1 rebellion system was far superior to any that has been used since.
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Thank you so much for this mod Pdguru, it improves the game a lot. Specially if you are playing with the +40 army units, the least you wanna see it's a rebel army that huge with so many cannons, cav and line infantry.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Has the latest patch stoped this mod working?

Just installed and doesn't seem to be working for me - can someone confirm?

Ignore my last post got it working now.

Download links are broken...please reupload or at least tell us what the DB table is for rebel armies?
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I wonder if the ONLY table with rebellion in the name, i.e. faction_rebellion_units_junction couldn't be a serious hint.
    Sometimes I wonder if people even try to think for themselves before asking something.

Hey man, no need for the passive aggression, it was just a question. I had seen that table, but I couldnt seem to find out how to reduce or increase the actual size of the rebel forces.
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

Patrician Artifex

Then it's not the same question. I don' think you can, you can only modify the type of units. Or may be use a trick. Like making a "copy" of the units for the rebel, and divide by two the number of mens in these units.
    And so you'd get rebels twice weaker.

where is the download link?
    i need an example to mod the faction_rebellion_units_junction list

PD: sorry the english

Patrician Artifex

From experience, revels are somehow broken anyway.
    The engine will not randomly select some units from the list.

I tried in masters of europe, with for example 4 different types of infantry units, and I could get 6 infantry in a rebel army... but all of the same type.

At the end, I created special rebel unit, one for infantry, one for cavalry, one for artillery, with uniform a big mxi of different regular uniforms.

This way, I could reduce the strength (you can for example decide that rebel artillery is only one gun, or cavalry only 4 men).

And you can give specific abilities or stats. For example, have the rebels able to deploy anywhere like guerilla.

I'm either blind or there is no download link

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast