Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Uruk's Gameplay Enhancing Script(s) (TUGES) v0.1: Saruman and the One Ring!

Default The Uruk's Gameplay Enhancing Script(s) (TUGES) v0.1: Saruman and the One Ring!

Saruman and the One Ring

Claim the One Ring for Saruman as Isengard and wields its power!
    Gain the loyalty of the Nazguls and the power to create new Uruks in Isengard!

Plot

1. Play as Isengard
    2. One Ring found message appears.
    3. Retrieve the One Ring with any general.
    4. After a turn a Yes/No event will turn up asking you if you want to keep the One Ring or give it to Sauron.
    4a. If you decline and want to give it to Sauron then wait for a few turns for Sauron's message to pop up.
    5. If you accept then another turn later another message will pop up commanding you to take the One Ring to Isengard.
    6. Take the one ring to Isengard and wait for a turn.
    7. An event will pop up saying that Saruman has got the One Ring and also that the Nazguls have left Sauron. Nearly all factions will declare war on you but you get a sizeable chunk of money.
    8. A turn later the the Nazgul will arrive and be under your command! Also kings purse will increase to accomodate the Nazguls.
    9. 10 turns after the claiming of the One Ring a Yes/No event will appear asking the player if he wants to create new Uruks. Yes to create and No to not.
    10. A turn later a message will pop up saying that the new Uruks are created in Isengard.
    11. This event (from 9) will happen every 10 turns (including Yes/No event).

Known bugs:
    One ring ancillary does not disappear from the general that found it.
    Quick fix for bug: The new anc Master of Nazguls for Saruman will not have a pic unless you move the master_of_nazguls tga file from southern_european eventpics to ancillaries folder.

Feedback and constructive critisicm is appreciated!
    Please report bugs as well.
    The file for the script is attached. Just overwrite the 'data' file in Third Age folder.
    I will also make BS or any other compilation version if there is demand.

Dont forget to delete these files after overwriting:
    expanded.txt.strings.bin
    historic_events.txt.strings.bin
    export_ancillaries.txt.strings.bin

Also ideas for new scripts are appreciated as I will be creating more scripts and expanding this submod!

If you want to use this script in your submod (or compilation) please PM me to let me know and put my name in credits.
    Thanks for trying.

EDIT: New link here:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/23297...e+One+Ring.rar

Credits:
    Baron Samedi/King Kong: For base One Ring Script.
    Last edited by The Uruk; May 11, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: The Uruk's Gameplay Enhancing Script(s) (TUGES) New: Saruman and the One Ring!

Let me be the first to say this sounds like a great idea! +rep

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tōl Acharn - mighty Dśnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliē Alģ, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: The Uruk's Gameplay Enhancing Script(s) (TUGES) New: Saruman and the One Ring!

What kind of new Uruks?

Some mordor uruks, mordor Uruk archers and mordor halberds. Also wargs, berserkers and Uruk cleavers.
    It's new becuase you can get mordor uruks.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

very interesting... +rep ofc...

on the

unability to remove the one ring anciallary from a general that found it
    you can actually remove the ancillaries via script. you can also give them via script. so you could script it that general who founds the one ring (and isn't saruman) losses it when he arives at isengard and let saruman recieve it instead. search the mod workshop for exact process... plenty of helpful people there, i just thought to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    very interesting... +rep ofc...

on the

you can actually remove the ancillaries via script. you can also give them via script. so you could script it that general who founds the one ring (and isn't saruman) losses it when he arives at isengard and let saruman recieve it instead. search the mod workshop for exact process... plenty of helpful people there, i just thought to mention it.
    Thanks!

I have actually used a slight edited version of the script baron Samedi and king kong used and nothing I do makes it work for some reason.
    Last edited by The Uruk; February 03, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

Very interessant idea. +rep.
    I thought this aspect was forgottent in Third Age.
    Would you do a BS version?

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Just thinking, Sauron has the 9 Rings of Men.

If Saruman uses the One Ring, he could override the Power of the 9 Rings.
    But Sauron still had the Power over the Nazguls Lives/Souls.

Example, Sauron could kill the Nazgul by throwing the 9 Rings of Men into the Fires of Mount Doom before Saruman has the chance to use the Nazgul against Sauron.

So to add to the Script, if Isengard gets too powerful, Sauron would have no choice but to destroy the Nazgul in a bitter attempt to rob Saruman of Total Victory.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post

Example, Sauron could kill the Nazgul by throwing the 9 Rings of Men into the Fires of Mount Doom before Saruman has the chance to use the Nazgul against Sauron.

So to add to the Script, if Isengard gets too powerful, Sauron would have no choice but to destroy the Nazgul in a bitter attempt to rob Saruman of Total Victory.
    Sauron could not destroy the Nazgul's rings since without the ONE he cannot take shape and do so.

Actually, if I recall correctly, the nine were wearing their rings at all times. So it wouldn't be unreasonably to say that Saurumon, with the One ring, could bend their wills to his own, provided he had power and will sufficient to the task.

This submod is a vVery good idea, but I will make the one ring bonus bigger : all faction will attack you after all, so it must still be advantageous, especially when you know that saruman was not searching the one ring for nothing.
    What I recommand :
    -the one ring should also make saruman himself really strong, so you can boost his bodyguard stats a lot.
    - I would probably subjugate many people, good or evil, so maybe each 10 turn ,along with uruks, you could have stacks of random high tier unit fromm a random faction.

-My favorite : make every general from an evil faction a lot more likely to be bribed by you.

No, the Nazgul weren't wearing their rings anymore because they were fully subject to Sauron's will. Tuckborough.net says so.

Thanks for the idea. I will think about it and have got some good ideas as well.
    I was thinking something like if Isengard gets about 10 settlements or more, than a event will saying that there are rumours that Sauron might destroy the nine rings to kill the Nazguls. After that a yes/no will appear asking you if you want to assemble a mighty force with the Witch King to march to Barad dur and try and conquer it before Sauron destroys the nine rings (20 turns after the event of the rumour than Sauron will destroy the rings and kill the nazguls if you press yes.) If you press no then you don't get a big army with the Witch King but every turn after the 20 after the event than there is a 20% chance (could be changeable) that Sauron will destroy the nine rings.
    What do you or anyone else think?

Quote Originally Posted by MooMoo View Post
    This submod is a vVery good idea, but I will make the one ring bonus bigger : all faction will attack you after all, so it must still be advantageous, especially when you know that saruman was not searching the one ring for nothing.
    What I recommand :
    -the one ring should also make saruman himself really strong, so you can boost his bodyguard stats a lot.
    - I would probably subjugate many people, good or evil, so maybe each 10 turn ,along with uruks, you could have stacks of random high tier unit fromm a random faction.

-My favorite : make every general from an evil faction a lot more likely to be bribed by you.
    Thanks
    The script already makes Saruman really strong with authority and command points as well as good ancs.
    Your second idea abouting subjucating other people is a good idea. I was thinking maybe after you conquer certain settlements of certain factions, like if you conquer Minas Tirith you get an additional option of spawing (corrupted) Gondor troops (or any other faction depending on where you conquer).
    Also you will only be able to spawn one type of army every 10 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    Very interessant idea. +rep.
    I thought this aspect was forgottent in Third Age.
    Would you do a BS version?
    I am working on a BS version.

Thanks everyone for all your comments!
    Has anyone tried out my submod and got the One Ring with Isengard? Does it work perfectly?
    Feedback is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by will_rommel View Post
    Sauron could not destroy the Nazgul's rings since without the ONE he cannot take shape and do so.
    He could command that the rings be destroyed, however.

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

Great stuff!
    I was looking for a SubMod quite long that allows you to keep the ring...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    ...the woman trampled didn't look impenetrable. So they ran through her.

Nice . Dowloading . I was looking for this kind of mod for a loooooong time +1.
    Can you make it compatible with Il Duce's Expanded Map?

(You mean historic_events.txt.strings.bin and export_ancillaries.txt.strings.bin?)
    Last edited by Malinwa; February 04, 2012 at 09:59 AM.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Athreon View Post
    Actually, if I recall correctly, the nine were wearing their rings at all times. So it wouldn't be unreasonably to say that Saurumon, with the One ring, could bend their wills to his own, provided he had power and will sufficient to the task.
    I thought the same way until someone brought up this..

"It is not clear whether the nazgūl continued to wear their rings. Tolkien says both "the Nine the nazgūl keep"[4][5] and that Sauron had gathered the Nine to himself,[2][5] though in the latter case his meaning may be metaphorical. When the nazgūl are destroyed, no mention is made of their rings."

Sauron held the 9 as an Insurance Policy, He could control the Nazgul without the 9 Rings, but against the One Ring it would of been impossible.. Killing them by destroying their life essence contained in their Rings would be of last resort to Sauron if someone with the Strength and Will to wield the One Ring found a way to steal their Will away from his.

And Sauron did have Physical Form, it took him 1000 years after his defeat at the hands of Islidur he just lacked the Strength to wield his former power.

Even when the One Ring was destroyed Sauron survived as a Ghost unable to ever take Physical Form again, wandering the Earth as a Wraith.

Quote Originally Posted by The Uruk View Post
    Thanks for the idea. I will think about it and have got some good ideas as well.
    I was thinking something like if Isengard gets about 10 settlements or more, than a event will saying that there are rumours that Sauron might destroy the nine rings to kill the Nazguls. After that a yes/no will appear asking you if you want to assemble a mighty force with the Witch King to march to Barad dur and try and conquer it before Sauron destroys the nine rings (20 turns after the event of the rumour than Sauron will destroy the rings and kill the nazguls if you press yes.) If you press no then you don't get a big army with the Witch King but every turn after the 20 after the event than there is a 20% chance (could be changeable) that Sauron will destroy the nine rings.
    Maybe a gradual increase the greater the success?

1-24 Settlements = 5%
    25-39 Settlements = 50%
    40-Max Settlements = 80%

Yeah, the Capture of Barad-Dur, maybe a 50-50% Chance Saruman secures the 9 Rings safety or Sauron flees with the 9 Rings to his new Capital?
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; February 04, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Great stuff!
    I was looking for a SubMod quite long that allows you to keep the ring...
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Malinwa View Post
    Nice . Dowloading . I was looking for this kind of mod for a loooooong time +1.
    Can you make it compatible with Il Duce's Expanded Map?

(You mean historic_events.txt.strings.bin and export_ancillaries.txt.strings.bin?)
    Corrected.
    I will make a Il Duce's Expanded map one after making one compatible for BS first.
    I thought the same way until someone brought up this..

"It is not clear whether the nazgūl continued to wear their rings. Tolkien says both "the Nine the nazgūl keep"[4][5] and that Sauron had gathered the Nine to himself,[2][5] though in the latter case his meaning may be metaphorical. When the nazgūl are destroyed, no mention is made of their rings."

Sauron held the 9 as an Insurance Policy, He could control the Nazgul without the 9 Rings, but against the One Ring it would of been impossible.. Killing them by destroying their life essence contained in their Rings would be of last resort to Sauron if someone with the Strength and Will to wield the One Ring found a way to steal their Will away from his.

And Sauron did have Physical Form, it took him 1000 years after his defeat at the hands of Islidur he just lacked the Strength to wield his former power.

Even when the One Ring was destroyed Sauron survived as a Ghost unable to ever take Physical Form again, wandering the Earth as a Wraith.

Maybe a gradual increase the greater the success?

1-24 Settlements = 5%
    25-39 Settlements = 50%
    40-Max Settlements = 80%

Yeah, the Capture of Barad-Dur, maybe a 50-50% Chance Saruman secures the 9 Rings safety or Sauron flees with the 9 Rings to his new Capital?
    Sounds good!
    Will work on improving the script after making compatible versions of the existing script for other submods.

Actually, can the people who want the compatible versions please post the equivelant files of that my submod changes of the submod? For example the campaign script etc of Baron Samedi's submod or anyother submod.
    This is because I do not want to download the very big files of the submods.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by The Uruk; February 04, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Just noticed a small mistake in the script where declining the Spawn Uruks message wont work.
    It is corrected and the corrected file is uploaded.
    This is for new people downloading this submod and the ones who want to change to make it work.
    It is not save game compatible.

Sorry for any inconveniance.

Even without the ring, Saruman had the power to bend the will of the nazgul, persuading them he didn't know where the hobbits were on their way up to find the ring. Sauron's will would be for the Nazgul to interrogate him if necessary. This is a great deal more than any other could do against the Nazgul, who were, in many ways, the greatest example of Sauron's power embodied.
    If saruman was able to harness the power of the ring, it's likely that the power he had in persuasion and bending others to his will would be vastly multiplied, so I expect that it would be well within Saruman's ability to do this. This is on the condition that another could actually harness the ring, though I approve of this mod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast