Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 477287888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2104

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    First off, go to this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=417435 and use the torrent links for downloads, the torrents are well seeded so it will be quick.

Then just follow the instructions.
    I wouldnt be here if i hadnt tried everything

Iv tried the torrent, mega upload, file font etc etc blah blah blah. Im telling you its not working. Try it

I get the feeling that ever since mega upload went tits up, every download link is broken. Idk

Does anyone have a link to 6.3 torrent that actually downloads. Got 6.4 to work but i need 6.3 to install it

Anthropoid's Avatar Tiro
    In the nether regions of the Puritan hinterlands

I installed 6.3 back in May 2012, and fired it up to see it was working. I havea couple save files from then.

Now I cannot figure out how to launch the mod. I seem to recall when I installed it, it prompted me to create a special Stainless Steel desktop shortcut, but I keep all my shortcuts in a desktop folder and I'm not seeing it.

When I launch MTWII and then get that "Options" screen with the little pull down, Stainless does not show up as an option, even though the various ethnic campaigns do.

I seem to recall that it was a large and slow download so if I can just get 6.3 to work I'd prefer that over updating to the latest version. Appreciate if anyone has a clue about how I might get it to launch.

Try looking here: ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 You should find the setup and launcher there.

Updating to SS 6.4 should be easy, just check the sticky.

Anthropoid's Avatar Tiro
    In the nether regions of the Puritan hinterlands

Cool. Installing 6.4 worked out for me.

i am downloading 6.3 now. bored of shogun and been playing more m2tw lately. waiting for rome 2!

Quote Originally Posted by toguruk View Post
    i am downloading 6.3 now. bored of shogun and been playing more m2tw lately. waiting for rome 2!
    I Agree, i lately stated to play MTW2, And now i want to play SS 6.4, can't wait for SS7 And Rome 2.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Hands down...the most balanced mod ever.
    Egyptian revolutionary.....Canadian in nationality......Arab by blood.....and proud Muslim.

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by bɑne View Post
    If I'm reading your instructions correctly then your not referincing the updated launcher (the one in the 6.3 folder).
    Afaik not using that will disable some of the new features like the built-in G5 idea - battle ai swapper. Gracul will have more info on that.

At least you don't get killed if the md5 hashcheck fails (No worries - I checked first. Honest.)

Quite possible - I quoted his global stats. Btw the torrent is now #1 in popularity.

I cant find that Bat. file anywhere any help plz?

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by NoMercy88 View Post
    Ok after an eternity of work, many lives lost and clones created in the procsess, global warming happening and destroying the moon, and monkeys becoming the dominating race on the planet, while hurtling towards the sun I give you to you to make SS 6.3 work.

Give all the rep you possibly can to EXAS for figuring out the solution, which was really obvious, since I hadn't palyed m2tw I even forgot the aprt of thsi workaorund, chaning the command line you put in the steam settings /facepalm, seriously even if it kills you, give tons of rep to MEXAS, so here it is, my original fix with Mexas' amazing work that somehow I didn't realsie I had to do:

Try...

1. In the m2tw folder you should see 3 exes. "m2.exe", "kingdoms.exe" and "launcher.exe"
    2. Create a folder called "backup" and place the "launcher.exe" in that
    3. Rename the "kingdoms.exe" to "launcher.exe"
    4. Now go to your "Steam Games" list and right click kingdoms, select "properties" and then "set launch options"
    5. In the box that appears paste the bit you copied(in SS 6.3 case it will be @mods\SS6.3\default.cfg)
    6. As long as you always launch from kingdoms in steam and not the SS 6.3 shortcut it should work.

To play vanilla kingdoms again take away the launch line and rename "launcher.exe" back to "kingdoms.exe" and put the "launcher.exe" back in the main folder.

+rep to norsca for original fix.

+2x more rep gain to MEXAS for being so amazingly awesome =P

EDIT: News just in, apparently you don't get the full 6.3 experience by bypassing the ss6.3 exe, but untill I get it installed and tinekr with it the above will ahve to be a temporary workaround.
    EDIT 2: Gord says because the cfg file references the BAI swapper, its fine, but need someone who knows this stuff to confirm

Kind Regards
    Will
    Im not understanding the instructions quite well do i just copy " default.cfg " into the properties launcher options? thnks in advance

I have downloaded SS 6.3 and patch 6.4. But before I install the mod I'd like to know the answers on three questions.

1. How much space does SS 6.3 require on the hard drive? The .exe and .bin files are about 2Gb altogether. But I reckon that everything is compressed in the .exe and will require more space than that when unpacked.

2. I reckon that SS 6.3 is modfoldered (or whatever it's called) and allows me to have both SS 6.3 and TATW in my M2TW folder. Am I correct about that? It would be great if I could play SS one day and TATW another day without needing two versions of M2TW installed.

3. Page one on this thread has a link to something called Mandatory bugfixes for 6.3 (6.3 installation_patcher_v2.5.exe) what is that? If it's a patch with bugfixes to SS 6.3 I assume that patch 6.4 has taken care of those bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Da Great View Post
    ... can't wait for SS7 And Rome 2.
    If you had added Europa Barbarorum II and Roma Surrectum 2.6 the list would have been complete

Quote Originally Posted by Gusten Grodslukare View Post
    2. I reckon that SS 6.3 is modfoldered (or whatever it's called) and allows me to have both SS 6.3 and TATW in my M2TW folder. Am I correct about that? It would be great if I could play SS one day and TATW another day without needing two versions of M2TW installed.
    They both are mod foldered, you can have both mods installed without any problems

Quote Originally Posted by Gusten Grodslukare View Post
    3. Page one on this thread has a link to something called Mandatory bugfixes for 6.3 (6.3 installation_patcher_v2.5.exe) what is that? If it's a patch with bugfixes to SS 6.3 I assume that patch 6.4 has taken care of those bugs.
    If you are installing SS 6.4 it wont be compatible and you dont need it anyway.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

new links for downloading can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...417435&page=83

post #1644
    Last edited by Losthief; January 09, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Thanks. I'll get to Download 6.3 then.

How do you open/activate the bin files. I used The file front link but instead of 7-zip files I got bin. Did the download fail or am I just below par on the intelligent level?

You just need all the bin files + the exe in one folder, dosent matter where it is and then run the exe.

That is so much easier than what i was trying to do. Thank you.

LINK DOESNT WORK