Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2104

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Yamenzou,

R U Using Steam?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Yamenzou,

R U Using Steam?
    No, no steam. I uninstalled and deleted everything again, and installed everything again. This time I didn't download the patch 1.05. I have the Gold edition. After installing, when I try to launch the game it loads the normal loadscreen and then I get a CTD. When I try to launch the campaign setup I still get the notice:
    "Not enough campaign or files missing!"

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Yamenzou,

Please go into MTW2/MODS/SS6.3 select the Knight on Horse Icon, right click, Run as Admin, select your Sub Mods, you wish to include and start a new campaign, report back please

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Yamenzou,

Please go into MTW2/MODS/SS6.3 select the Knight on Horse Icon, right click, Run as Admin, select your Sub Mods, you wish to include and start a new campaign, report back please
    if that doesn't work make a post in the bug reports/technical problems section of the ss forum and we'll all get this figured out.

Yamenzou,

Tried it, but it didn't work, same problem. I'll post in the bug forum.

Hi all, im trying to install the ss mod 6.3 so I can eventually upgrade to the newest version but I have run into some problems. First, to be clear this is the first time ive ever tried to use a mod so Im rather ignorant to this process. My problem is that I have downloaded all the parts to 6.3 in the same folder but when I run the installer it asks me to insert the disk 1 from the retail version of the game. Im running the game through steam so I do not have any disks. If anyone can help me through the installation process id really really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Averroes19's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Task_Mastr View Post
    Hi all, im trying to install the ss mod 6.3 so I can eventually upgrade to the newest version but I have run into some problems. First, to be clear this is the first time ive ever tried to use a mod so Im rather ignorant to this process. My problem is that I have downloaded all the parts to 6.3 in the same folder but when I run the installer it asks me to insert the disk 1 from the retail version of the game. Im running the game through steam so I do not have any disks. If anyone can help me through the installation process id really really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397756

Ive seen those instructions and I believe they only help me after I have installed the game. When I attempt to open the ss6.3 file it asks for the game install disk.
    Last edited by Task_Mastr; December 26, 2011 at 09:54 AM.

Averroes19's Avatar Miles

Ive seen those instructions and I believe they only help me after I have installed the game. When I attempt to open the ss6.3 file it asks for the game install disk.
    Move the 6.3 file to the mods folder and right click and run it as an administrator. I had the same issue until I did that.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Looks like I'm not going to bed for a while. Awesome mod!

your talking about trying to install the mod not the game right?

disk 1= ss6.3-1.bin
    disk 2=ss6.3-2.bin

point the installer from steam whenever it asks at the folder with all the .bin files manually and it should work. Make sure they are all in the same folder tho.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Hey guys, the mod looks sick but I am using the steam version and also, I dont know what link I should download it from because mega upload is down Are there any step by step guide?

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you for your continued dedication to the SS series and all the hard work from everyone involved. I know Gracul said he didn't want any thanks, but groveling is the only thing i'm good at.

6.3 is great and i particularly love the new music. It runs smooth and looks very polished and professional. I doubt i would be playing the game if it wasn't for you guys. You have made Medieval2 a true game of kings!

Btw, is KK retired now, or just on a very long Holiday ?
    Signature by Lucarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprecht View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you for your continued dedication to the SS series and all the hard work from everyone involved. I know Gracul said he didn't want any thanks, but groveling is the only thing i'm good at.

6.3 is great and i particularly love the new music. It runs smooth and looks very polished and professional. I doubt i would be playing the game if it wasn't for you guys. You have made Medieval2 a true game of kings!

Btw, is KK retired now, or just on a very long Holiday ?
    he's doing third age total war, the lord of the rings mod for mtw2 kingdoms.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Hmm, i never thought KK was into all that magical pixie dust business, oh well it is a shame. SS is a more noble pursuit, but i guess he already conquered it.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I dont like LoTR but TATW is truly exceptional.

Indeed.

I had a look over in the TATW forum last night. The production quality is like nothing i've seen before. If only we had the tools to change hard-coded content, then we could bring SS to a new level.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

That will never happen.

I've got the Steam version. I found the link you posted to get the mod to work, but I also heard some features are missing? Is that true? If so, what exactly is missing?

Thanks for the help.