Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

I am downloading, and in 4 to 5 hours I can play!
    ashort question:
    Are there custom faction leader battle and strat models in 6.3?

Quote Originally Posted by worldsdead View Post
    i'm not trying to be a pain in the ass. and yes i can use search function, lol. but before i download 6.3 i've read you can choose your cai (awesome) would it be possible for someone with the intricate knoweledge on these cai's to begin a thread that compares them, bullets points, or something in one spot. especially as how they relate to new ss. i would appreciate it, and it would probaly clear out alot of repeat questions. (then again some scmucks will still ask instead of seaching, or reading sticky titles). my problem is retaining info on several cai's from thread to thread and then implementing said info in an informed deciscion. and once again all you modders rule!
    same question really, i pretty much know what everything does cept specific diff between AIs
    i remember reading one focuses on war, one on taking rebel settlements, but dont know where i read that

Can we get a 6.3 only Screenshot thread? =]

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    I am downloading, and in 4 to 5 hours I can play!
    ashort question:
    Are there custom faction leader battle and strat models in 6.3?
    Afaik a slightly updated version of Faction leaders and generals (battle and strategy skins) by Barser is used.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Afaik a slightly updated version of Faction leaders and generals (battle and strategy skins) by Barser is used.
    Great, but does the Roman faction leader uses the CBUR model? I alwaysliked it.

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

With (A)DSL I just turn off modem and turn on modem and restart computer so that external IP effectively changes, and so Megaupload forget from where I came from. In this way I can download whatever I want and in quantity I want (which means all parts of any mod during 24 hours Megaupload "limit").
    There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.

Great, but does the Roman faction leader uses the CBUR model? I alwaysliked it.
    No idea on that (don't know the models from the top of my head). Can only quote you the line from the OP: "CBUR with most of its features implemented."

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    With (A)DSL I just turn off modem and turn on modem and restart computer so that external IP effectively changes, and so Megaupload forget from where I came from. In this way I can download whatever I want and in quantity I want (which means all parts of any mod during 24 hours Megaupload "limit").
    Yes getting a new IP will help you get around any limits of most free hosters.
    No need to restart the computer just disconnect and reconnect to your ISP.

Oh that's a shame, because they all look cool except for England, who looks a little bit 'suspect' haha.

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

Yes getting a new IP will help you get around any limits of most free hosters.
    No need to restart the computer just disconnect and reconnect to your ISP.
    In my case I restart computer cause turning off and on modem during same session (without restart) too often confuses modem and internet does not work at all. I do turn off and on modem during restart (to be more precise) and than usually all works fine.
    There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.

Descriptions for sub mods / ai are shown in the launcher menu

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    Oh that's a shame, because they all look cool except for England, who looks a little bit 'suspect' haha.
    The English king looks like the burger king

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

so.. anyone kind enough to make a torrent link? some of us cant download them all at once ..... i only got file 1 and 2 , now i reached my limit ....

ps: yea i see that now, they add'd that ugly english model from that sub mod, so ugly.... look how the model is designed lol, ill show this at my job xD burger king...
    Last edited by xXEsotericXx; August 03, 2010 at 07:38 AM.
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

The English king looks like the burger king
    ROFL! That must be what my subconcious was telling me!!

Does this new version have Caralampio's Odds and Ends included?

Quote Originally Posted by xXEsotericXx View Post
    so.. anyone kind enough to make a torrent link? some of us cant download them all at once ..... i only got file 1 and 2 , now i reached my limit ....
    Somebody already said twice that mirrors are coming and a torrent as well but it will take some time. Please be patient and in the meantime download one link after the other and you won't "reach the limit". Its not that hard.

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Somebody already said twice that mirrors are coming and a torrent as well but it will take some time. Please be patient and in the meantime download one link after the other and you won't "reach the limit". Its not that hard.

Whell i cant download 1 at a time after 1 hr its still reached your limit, maybe ill try later after 12, for more limit time i guess.....
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

Quote Originally Posted by xXEsotericXx View Post
    Whell i cant download 1 at a time after 1 hr its still reached your limit, maybe ill try later after 12, for more limit time i guess.....
    Well you can always use the time to improve the english faction leader more to your liking.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

i wanna ask a question to community.if gracul could answer i would be more pleased.

when i just loaded new tatw 2.0 i realized that my computer began to lag.it was not like this before.and i was able to play many mods with high graphic settings.when i asked in tatw forum gigantus told me that tatw units uses high poly models 2x large textures he said.so i couldnt play tatw and i erased.

the bad news is that i live the same with new stainless steel 6.3.now i am able to play rusichi and deus lo vult with high settings and in battle map there is no lag.but with new ss6.3 i had.

note:i had not that lag with ss 6.1-6.2 etc etc.

so why i am lagging with mod?it uses high poly models or what?anyone recognise same?

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    i wanna ask a question to community.if gracul could answer i would be more pleased.

when i just loaded new tatw 2.0 i realized that my computer began to lag.it was not like this before.and i was able to play many mods with high graphic settings.when i asked in tatw forum gigantus told me that tatw units uses high poly models 2x large textures he said.so i couldnt play tatw and i erased.

the bad news is that i live the same with new stainless steel 6.3.now i am able to play rusichi and deus lo vult with high settings and in battle map there is no lag.but with new ss6.3 i had.

note:i had not that lag with ss 6.1-6.2 etc etc.

so why i am lagging with mod?it uses high poly models or what?anyone recognise same?
    From the FAQ (first page of this topic)
    Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    F.A.Q
    (Frequently Asked Questions)

Q: Wow! Battle map is very laggy!
    A: If you have an older computer, you may want to your SS directory, and inside default.ini change "unit_detail=highest", to "unit_detail=low". Why is this by default set to highest? because when using the highest option MTW2 is forced to use models at any distance, instead of using spirites. What were the spirites you might ask? The little funny-looking images of soldiers when you zoom out a little.