Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

Seether the surname for the sicilian royal family it's D'Altavilla...

anybody knows if it's possible to use MapMod: Trees, Textures, Sea v1.0with SS 6.3 ??

we need the same textures of Third Age o Bellum Crucis...who knows if
    Campaign Map improvement Project [CMiP] v.02 for DLV would work here...anyway great job I'm just a little fussy with the map , maybe some of the news skins for merchants and priest ect I have seen around would have been nice too...but why complain it's really a very well cared job you have done...Thank you very much !
    Last edited by footie55; August 03, 2010 at 02:41 AM.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by footie55 View Post
    anybody knows if it's possible to use MapMod: Trees, Textures, Sea v1.0with SS 6.3 ??
    Easy way to find out:

1. Back-up the files it changes.
    2. Apply the mod.
    3. See if the game crashes.

If it crashes, it doesn't work, if it doesn't, it works.

Marcvs Antonivs's Avatar Senator

A little question, are characters made to age 1 TPY or they age as 0.5 TPY? Because I prefer to play as 0.5 turn per year... And change it in descr_strat.txt... But if characthers are aging 1TPY there is no point, so could someone tell me how to revert back to the "old scenario" if that's the case, please? Thanks.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesphillip View Post
    A little question, are characters made to age 1 TPY or they age as 0.5 TPY? Because I prefer to play as 0.5 turn per year... And change it in descr_strat.txt... But if characthers are aging 1TPY there is no point, so could someone tell me how to revert back to the "old scenario" if that's the case, please? Thanks.
    Pretty sure "proper character ageing" means that they age 1 year every year, so 1 YPT.
    No idea where you could modify it to 0.5 YPT, though.

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

Good work man! Downloading now...

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesphillip View Post
    Please dont post the same question in multiple places. Once is enough.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Sorry about that... Merge it to the other post or vice-versa. Thanks anyway.

THIS COOL L LIKE IT

I am from China
    But I am not the Communist Party of
    我来自中国
    但我不是共产党

urrah's Avatar Civis

Just want to say a quick thanks to Gracul, PB and everyone else who worked on 6.3, particularly for

1. Taking the time and effort to ensure that all of the hundreds of submods included in 6.3 work together. I find that whenever I have more than 3 or 4 submods installed I will inevitable encounter ctd's, so the idea that I can download a single mod and know everything will work is mind-blowingly awesome.

2. Keeping RR and BGR optional. For TW lover's like me who don't want to wait 10 turns to recruit a unit of knights (only then to realise that they can only be recruited by the faction leader or heir), it's really considerate that you allow us to enjoy SS in our own way instead of forcing us to adapt.

3. Putting 6.3 through extensive testing. I know some people have been critical of the fact that it was kept in BETA for so long, but I for one am grateful that so much time and energy was put into into ensuring that 6.3 was balanced and free of ctd's. I'm sure the extra time it spent in BETA will be reflected in its quality.

I've made the heartbreaking decision not to download 6.3 until my 2nd semester at uni finishes (how can I think about sociology when I've just launched my invasion of the British Isle's?), but I'm 100% certain that I won't be bored these Christmas holidays .

For now, I'll simply have to be content with hearing about how awesome it is from others. sigh

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Congrats gracul and co!
    Great work +rep
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

By the way, great work, haven't played it yet, but when I'm finished downloading I'll play it like there is no tomorrow... Since it's been two years of development, it must be a great piece of work. Thanks and awesome work
    Cassius: "Our men at arms have secured the city. We've received representatives from all the best elements. The senate is with us, the knights are with us."
    Brutus:"The pontifs, the urban cohorts, the lictors guild..."
    Antony: "Oh, the lictors guild, very good. Only rally the bakers and the flute players and you can put on a festival."

Congrats Gracul and the rest of the team!

I've been waiting so much for this...perfect timming with the beginning of my holidays!!

Archraze's Avatar Biarchus

Huzzah its out!

....Any chance of this being uploaded in torrent form to download it much easier?

Quote Originally Posted by barthigi View Post
    ....Any chance of this being uploaded in torrent form to download it much easier?
    Made me laugh a bit. Yeah, there is a chance for this to be torrented. No, can't tell you when.
    Might take a while. Meanwhile please endure the burden of 6 download links with 45s wait time inbetween
    From the first post:
    Mirrors to follow in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Made me laugh a bit. Yeah, there is a chance for this to be torrented. No, can't tell you when.
    Might take a while. Meanwhile please endure the burden of 6 download links with 45s wait time inbetween
    From the first post:
    Actually, just downloading the first piece takes about 35 mins for some people. Multiply that by 4. So torrent would be more convinient for those without mega upload membership, like myself.

But nontheless, great mod! And I'm bloody well taking my time downloading it now because I can't miss out on this masterpiece!

Great job and a big thumbs up for the entire team!
    Last edited by Arctic Tyr; August 03, 2010 at 04:51 AM.

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

I am so happy to have Gracul among us! His unique and aggressive positive initiative, his sense to unite all that is good, to feel what troubles players the most, to organize mess in great order and with great precision, to make both big and small things delicious, to test game until it is perfect before official release, to surround himself with amazing people like Caesar and Bane and others. Amazing guy!

(PB, if you read this, imagine that we have Gracul in TATW or Call of Warhammer also. The game would become more familiar than Star Wars!)
    There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.

Tiro

Thanks so much for this mod...i wish i was a megaupload member so that i can download it faster

By the way,

is this savegame compatible with 6.24??
    Congrats again for this awesome work team!

PS : Sorry if it's been already asked. In that case could someone,please, link the answer?

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by neha123 View Post
    Thanks so much for this mod...i wish i was a megaupload member so that i can download it faster
    You can download at maximum speed using some Download Manager. You have several excellent DMs for free, just Google them.

EDIT: If speed is still bellow maximum even with DM, it is because of many requests for download, cause mod is just fresh released and people are very hungry for good things.
    There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.