Page 18 of 106 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Alexandros I.'s Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

Will anybody upload the files to any other mirror than MU? As due to my internet provider I can't use torrents...and as a free user you can't download such big files from MU.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros I. View Post
    and as a free user you can't download such big files from MU.
    Yes you can. Otherwise no-one would be downloading 6.3....

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Filefront habitualy corrupts large uploads and some of the release delay was due to problems with it. Not to mention slow downloads.
    As it says in the OP there will be mirrors but when you can't use (free, no account necessary) Megaupload and you can't use torrents then you just have to be patient. Uploading / Mirroring 2.4gb is no quick feat especially if you have to make sure that everything is in order

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by manticore87 View Post
    Up-Total:
    219.42 GB
    You're doing a great service to the community, +rep.

Congratulations on new release. Gracul, I see you are using InnoSetup for creating installations. If you ever need help with that I'll be glad to help.

Alexandros I.'s Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Yes you can. Otherwise no-one would be downloading 6.3....
    No, it always says download limit exceeded. And I haven't downloaded anything from MU for 3 or 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Filefront habitualy corrupts large uploads and some of the release delay was due to problems with it. Not to mention slow downloads.
    As it says in the OP there will be mirrors but when you can't use (free, no account necessary) Megaupload and you can't use torrents then you just have to be patient. Uploading / Mirroring 2.4gb is no quick feat especially if you have to make sure that everything is in order
    I know that it's exhausting uploading such big files...it was just a question and I didn't want to sound rude.
    Last edited by Alexandros I.; August 04, 2010 at 04:17 AM.

No, it always says download limit exceeded. And I haven't downloaded anything from MU for 3 or 4 months.
    Try using a proxy to access MU, or use the torrent, then.

gracul, you will probably not see this, but I just wanted to say that out of every single game I have played, and every single mod, Half life 2, Rome:Total War, any source game, any RPG from Bioware, or Bethesda, any custom map from Warcraft 3, this mod is by far the best thing I have ever played.

(And yes I know Kong, and others also helped and I include them as well, in this thank you.)

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

I know that it's exhausting uploading such big files...it was just a question and I didn't want to sound rude.
    Hey, we are on the same boat. We don't get both mega upload and torrent. Let's wait until they upload 6.3 on filefront. Hope that filefront gets better as it is facing problems right now.
    But I am currently downloading Battle for the Baltics 2.0 with 25% of my max line speed from filefront.
    I think we can still download files from filefront. Not sure about uploading though.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Regarding connection problems with torrents:
    Torrents need port forwarding if you're behind a router. If others can't connect to the port your torrent client uses then .. well, thats not good.
    If your behind a router check the helpfile or website of the torrent client your using for info and your router manual on howto set up port forwarding.

Tiro

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I FINALLY COMPLETED DOWNLOADING >>> THANK YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    NOW GOING TO PLAY AND GIVE RECOMMENDATIONS

Torrent completed last night, highest down speed was 500kb/secm average was about 200kb/sec. Seeding now at about 20kb/sec.

When I went to test it out, I hadn't played m2tw since I got ym new 1920x1080 widescreen monitor,Ia djusted the resolutions in the agme settings but it still dosn't looks right, the bar at the bottom of the screen is taking up neary half of the screen, i'll try disbaling auto-borderless mdoe to see if that helps.

Kind Regards
    Will
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Wow!!!!!!! Simply amazing well done to all the team!!! I am not a great fan of Medieval Total War, but this mod certainly brings it too life!!! well done to all and some great modding and textureing of units

Constantine The Great's Avatar Libertus

Just a quick question, that has probably been noted, but whatever. What is The Roman Empire called in 6.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine The Great View Post
    Just a quick question, that has probably been noted, but whatever. What is The Roman Empire called in 6.3?
    The Byzantine Empire, I think.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Congrats to gracul for releasing this.

I've let the people on the beta testing site know.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Make a free account! takes literally 30 seconds, and it lets you download super fast and as many files as you want!

i didnt realise it was free and had like 6 interrupted downloads, which are resumable with an account.

Awesome! Can't wait to download and try this!
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

I started to upload to filefront as a mirror, will take 6-8 hours.
    Today is Billard time, so when I come back it should be ready.
    Last edited by Black-; August 04, 2010 at 08:32 AM.