Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5176919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2104

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released

That is funny.
    After 50 turns the family tree appeared again! EEverything is normal and the sicilian couple disappeared as it should.
    Very strange bug!

MatVego's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Pyotr Rachkovsky View Post
    That is funny.
    After 50 turns the family tree appeared again! EEverything is normal and the sicilian couple disappeared as it should.
    Very strange bug!
    This is not thread to report bugs. Write it in this sub-forum http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Technical-Help
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
    - Benjamin Franclin (1706-1790)
    "The best fortress which a prince can possess is the affection of his people."
    -
    Niccolò Machiavelli (1469-1527)
    "A Nation That Does Not Respect His Past, Does Not Deserve Respect Of The Present And Has No Right To The Future."
    -Józef Piłsudski (1867-1935)

t1aro's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks to the developers for the mod, very long time to play it.

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.3 Released!

What if you only have one exe? Cause I only have medieval2.exe.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMercy88 View Post
    Ok after an eternity of work, many lives lost and clones created in the procsess, global warming happening and destroying the moon, and monkeys becoming the dominating race on the planet, while hurtling towards the sun I give you to you to make SS 6.3 work.

Give all the rep you possibly can to EXAS for figuring out the solution, which was really obvious, since I hadn't palyed m2tw I even forgot the aprt of thsi workaorund, chaning the command line you put in the steam settings /facepalm, seriously even if it kills you, give tons of rep to MEXAS, so here it is, my original fix with Mexas' amazing work that somehow I didn't realsie I had to do:

Try...

1. In the m2tw folder you should see 3 exes. "m2.exe", "kingdoms.exe" and "launcher.exe"
    2. Create a folder called "backup" and place the "launcher.exe" in that
    3. Rename the "kingdoms.exe" to "launcher.exe"
    4. Now go to your "Steam Games" list and right click kingdoms, select "properties" and then "set launch options"
    5. In the box that appears paste the bit you copied(in SS 6.3 case it will be @mods\SS6.3\default.cfg)
    6. As long as you always launch from kingdoms in steam and not the SS 6.3 shortcut it should work.

To play vanilla kingdoms again take away the launch line and rename "launcher.exe" back to "kingdoms.exe" and put the "launcher.exe" back in the main folder.

+rep to norsca for original fix.

+2x more rep gain to MEXAS for being so amazingly awesome =P

EDIT: News just in, apparently you don't get the full 6.3 experience by bypassing the ss6.3 exe, but untill I get it installed and tinekr with it the above will ahve to be a temporary workaround.
    EDIT 2: Gord says because the cfg file references the BAI swapper, its fine, but need someone who knows this stuff to confirm

Kind Regards
    Will
    What if you have one exe? Cause I only have medieval2.exe

Quote Originally Posted by MrTacoSalad View Post
    What if you only have one exe? Cause I only have medieval2.exe.
    Most probably because you have no Kingdoms expansion installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    or has the steam version
    check this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-for-mods-quot
    Thanks man, helped completely :3

Quote Originally Posted by NoMercy88 View Post
    Ok after an eternity of work, many lives lost and clones created in the procsess, global warming happening and destroying the moon, and monkeys becoming the dominating race on the planet, while hurtling towards the sun I give you to you to make SS 6.3 work.

Give all the rep you possibly can to EXAS for figuring out the solution, which was really obvious, since I hadn't palyed m2tw I even forgot the aprt of thsi workaorund, chaning the command line you put in the steam settings /facepalm, seriously even if it kills you, give tons of rep to MEXAS, so here it is, my original fix with Mexas' amazing work that somehow I didn't realsie I had to do:

Try...

1. In the m2tw folder you should see 3 exes. "m2.exe", "kingdoms.exe" and "launcher.exe"
    2. Create a folder called "backup" and place the "launcher.exe" in that
    3. Rename the "kingdoms.exe" to "launcher.exe"
    4. Now go to your "Steam Games" list and right click kingdoms, select "properties" and then "set launch options"
    5. In the box that appears paste the bit you copied(in SS 6.3 case it will be @mods\SS6.3\default.cfg)
    6. As long as you always launch from kingdoms in steam and not the SS 6.3 shortcut it should work.

To play vanilla kingdoms again take away the launch line and rename "launcher.exe" back to "kingdoms.exe" and put the "launcher.exe" back in the main folder.

+rep to norsca for original fix.

+2x more rep gain to MEXAS for being so amazingly awesome =P

EDIT: News just in, apparently you don't get the full 6.3 experience by bypassing the ss6.3 exe, but untill I get it installed and tinekr with it the above will ahve to be a temporary workaround.
    EDIT 2: Gord says because the cfg file references the BAI swapper, its fine, but need someone who knows this stuff to confirm

Kind Regards
    Will
    Thank you for this but there is a new issue with the steam version. Kingdoms is in the same folder as vanilla now and there is no kingdoms.exe. Infact as far as I can tell there is only one .exe and it is for vanilla and Britannia and Crusades and Teutonic and Americas and any other mods installed. every time I try to launch SS it does not find the kingdoms.exe and quits. I could really use some help here as I'm not even sure I have SS set up correctly in the mod folder.

Hello,

Yesterday I downloaded Stainless Steel 6.3 for the first time. I am a huge fan of Medival Total War 2 but this mod was against all my expectations! After playing 5min I was suprised by so many things!
    I really want to thank the designers of the mod for giving me a hell of a time!!! Thanks!!!

So I am trying to install this once more.. I failed horrible a few years ago.. and now I am giving it another go. I have done this
    Followed the youtube guide!

Downloaded 6.3 and then added on 6.4 ontop on that.

Tried to start it up, failed.

Tried to use this tiny guide of 101 pages. But I cant do it..

I got kingdoms installed (can play em)
    In my ss6.4 folder there is only this -
    DATA
    save_early
    Saves
    uninstall
    defult
    readmeUAC
    ss_launcher(.exe)
    ss_setup

nothing else.. and tried a few things - like addidn the launcher to the steam startup as well as starting the game with the lucher on the destup and/or in the file, both failed. "is kingdoms.exe in your MWT2 folder ? "

plz advise

PS got steam

Since i don't see you mention to have disabled UAC anywhere

start by reading that readmeUAC.txt and follow the links in there

For steam issues go here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-for-mods-quot

thx that worked.. but can run it, but barely.. with reduced all.. :-(

my download keeps stopping halfway through at "Portugal unit info" or something like that, I have all 5 parts & the launcher and have tried re downloading the files many times. I want to play the mod really bad. what am I doing wrong?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Do you mean your "download" or your "installation"? I'm not sure to get it right.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Is there any way to play SS 6.3 without having to buy kingdoms?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Nope, SS is built on the basis of the ownership of Kingdoms, its very cheap these days

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

link ... help

Here is a link to my copy of SS 6.3

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8arzcdhr3do59//SS6.3