Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hamas launched missiles at Eilat, Aqaba (Israel and Jordan)

eran's Avatar Domesticus

Default Hamas launched missiles at Eilat, Aqaba (Israel and Jordan)

Hamas keeps showing the world it does not want peace.
    After refusing to direct peace discussions with Israel, and launching a rocket into Ashkelon - a major Israeli city, Hamas launched missiles from Sinai desert (Egypt).
    One missle landed in an open area, Two missles hit the sea, and the other missles caused some injuries in Aqaba, Jordan.

A Jordan citizen was killed.

Both Aqaba and Eilat are tourism cities.
    I was sleeping at the moment the rockets landed and heard nothing, but I could see were it landed and it was really close to some big hotels. I must say its strange to wake up and hear on the news that rockets just laned next to you

I don't think Hamas tried to hit Jordan, but Aqaba is really close to Eilat.
    In respond Israel killed a Hamas military wing major in Gaza.
    Last edited by eran; August 04, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Default Re: Hamas launched missiles at Eilat, Aqaba (Israel and Jordan)

I can't wait to hear how is this Israel's fault...
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

It's probably Mossad agents posing as militants that fired the rockets to legitimize the Israeli attack on Hamas

On a more serious note, I agree with Pannonius. We'll hear Israel being wholly blamed for this.

Anyway, I heard a Jordanian got killed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonius View Post
    Maybe you could tell us how this has nothing to do with Islam first.

Here's a real source on the story instead of garbage out of Netanyahu's mouth:
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...751402856.html

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Rockets strike Jordan and Israel - A taxi driver was killed when the rocket hit his car
    in the port city of Aqaba.

Rockets have hit Red Sea port cities in Jordan and Israel, leaving one man dead and four others wounded.

One rocket exploded in the street in front of the InterContinental Hotel in the Jordanian city of Aqaba on Monday morning, wounding five Jordanian men, one of whom later died of his wounds, the Amman government said.

No casualties were reported in the Israeli city of Eilat, where another rocket hit.

The Jordanian killed in Aqaba was identified as Subhi Yousef al-Alawneh, a taxi driver in his fifties.

"We saw the wreckage of a taxi which was burnt and fragmented metal scattered around the area that was cordoned off by police," Abdullah Yashin Rawashdehd, an Aqaba resident, told the Reuters news agency.

Ali Ayed, Jordan's information minister called the rocket attack a "terrorist and criminal act, which serves shady agendas, is strongly condemned".

"Jordan will always fight terrorism and terrorists," he said in a statement.

Three rockets also landed in the Red Sea on Monday: two in Jordanian waters and one in Israeli waters.

Rockets 'from Sinai'
    An Israeli police official told the Reuters news agency that it was likely that all the rockets were fired from the Sinai, the source of an earlier salvo on Eilat in April, the first such attack in five years.

"It's a little early to say, but it is reasonable to assume that it came from the southern area," Moshe Cohen, Eilat district police commander, told Israel Radio, referring to neighbouring Egypt.
    An Egyptian investigation into the April attack was inconclusive and did not result in any arrests, Al Jazeera's Jacky Rowland in Israel said.

"We can expect Israel to put more pressure on the Egyptians" after Monday's strike, she said.

But Egyptian and Jordanian sources each offered different claims about the source of the rocket fire.
    An Egyptian security source in the southern Sinai told Al Jazeera the rockets had been fired from Jordan, but Nayef Qadai, Jordan's interior minister, told the AFP news agency that a "preliminary investigation showed that the rocket was fired from outside Jordanian territory".

Al Jazeera's Nisreen El-Shamayleh, reporting from Aqaba, said the rockets appeared to have been aimed at Israel and the Jordanian government is "not interested in ruining ties" with Egypt should Sinai be determined as the source of the rocket fire.

But the death of one of its citizens will likely push Jordan to get to the bottom of the attack, a process that will probably involve close co-ordination with Israeli security services, she said.

Israel 'on edge'
    Although the attack appeared unsophisticated, it followed a weekend of rocket fire on Israel from the Gaza Strip.

At least 31 people were injured in the explosion at the home of a Hamas commander
    "The country is constantly on the edge," Al Jazeera's Rowland said. "You only need incidents like this to get people panicky."

The rocket barrage came hours after an early morning explosion devastated the house of a senior Hamas commander in Gaza, wounding at least 31 people, Hamas and medical workers in the Palestinian territory said.

The explosion struck the house of Alaa al-Danaf, a field commander of the Hamas military wing, in the Deir el-Balah refugee camp in southern Gaza, Palestinian security officials said.

At least one person was in critical condition, Al Jazeera's Nicole Johnston reported from Gaza City.

A Hamas medical officer told Al Jazeera the explosion was caused by an Israeli rocket, but an Israeli army spokesman denied responsibility.

It was unclear if al-Danaf was killed in the blast, which occurred at a time of renewed cross-border violence between Palestinian fighters and the Israeli army.

His body was not found in the house after the explosion, Johnston said, but Hamas said he had survived.

Retaliatory strikes
    The explosion badly damaged 12 nearby houses in the refugee camp and rescue teams were digging through the rubble for survivors.

Earlier on Sunday, Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, issued a strong warning to Hamas leaders in Gaza after a weekend of missile attacks on Israeli communities.

No Palestinian group has claimed responsibility for the violence, which caused damages, but no injuries.
    A Hamas commander and rocket-maker was killed in an Israeli air strike at the weekend after a rocket fired from the enclave exploded in the Israeli city of Ashkelon.

Issa Batran, whose caravan was hit by a missile, was the first Hamas commander killed in an Israeli air strike in Gaza since Israel wound up a three-week military offensive against the territory's Hamas rulers in January 2009.

If Hamas IS responsible, then there's some explanations that need to be offered. Like why Aqaba, Jordan was targeted. Also, motives might need to be addressed.. Perhaps the 31 people killed in an Israeli airstrike recently.
    Last edited by Darth Red; August 06, 2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Are you sure nobody was hurt? I heard that a Jordanian cab driver was killed as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Strelok's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonius View Post
    The obvious clear and logical conclusion is as follows:

The juice initiated a double-agent operation in order to launch a missile against itself in order to use this attack to further propagandas means. These are among the similar methods they used to kill Jesus. It is also not short-stroked of the typical juice tactics used to implement oppressive democracies, create the myth of the holocaust and tangle up my christmas tree lights. Empirical data of this is provided below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I hope the empirical data shown above is reason enough, but if you aren't too quick to catch on: I shall now provide a sophisticated rant on how multi-culturalism is the stick that the juice beat us with:

*censored due to breach of character limit*

/satire
    Last edited by Strelok; August 04, 2010 at 04:17 PM.

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

So Israel wants peace and that is the reason of killing of some palestinians some days ago without provocation?
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

A. It wasn't Hamas unless there's evidence that the missiles were loaded with sunshine and rainbows. It was some splinter group who Hamas has no control over, obviously.
    B. WHAT DOES ISRAEL EXPECT AFTER OCCUPYING THEIR SHIZNIT ILLEGALLY????!!!!
    C. Anyone else get the feeling something is brewing for the autumn/winter months? That's when they usually plan big military ops because it isn't so hot.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

eran's Avatar Domesticus

Sorry.
    I cheaked again and 1 Jordan citizen was killed. I will add this.

Yes a Jordanian man got killed.

One man has been killed and three other people injured when a rocket landed in the Jordanian port city of Aqaba, reports say.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-10807166

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

I would fire missles against people who occupied my land as well.
    Targeting Jordan is just plain stupid though.
    Miss me yet?

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    Maybe you could tell us how this has nothing to do with Islam first.
    I'm sure this has nothing to do with islam.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

eran's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    A. It wasn't Hamas unless there's evidence that the missiles were loaded with sunshine and rainbows. It was some splinter group who Hamas has no control over, obviously.
    B. WHAT DOES ISRAEL EXPECT AFTER OCCUPYING THEIR SHIZNIT ILLEGALLY????!!!!
    C. Anyone else get the feeling something is brewing for the autumn/winter months? That's when they usually plan big military ops because it isn't so hot.
    A. Both Ejypt and Israel told it was Hamas.
    B. What is shiznit...?
    C. Half a year ago everyone was sure there would be a war in the summer.

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    100 % agreed. Some Muslim country should but provide Palestinian state of Gaza with "true" missiles, so Israelis may know what missiles are and how a state answers state terrorism of the other. These pathetic rockets do nothing but provide Israel a chance to moan over "Palestinian" terrorism and to start a new "defensive" operation against "Palestinian terrorism".
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Yeah, those evil Jordanians! /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

eran's Avatar Domesticus

In Eilat?!
    Destroying a hotel full of french citizens (and then being killed by Israeli respond) is not a really good Idea.
    (Really, this thing fell just next to a hotel full of french tourists)

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    100 % agreed. Some Muslim country should but provide Palestinian state of Gaza with "true" missiles, so Israelis may know what missiles are and how a state answers state terrorism of the other. These pathetic rockets do nothing but provide Israel a chance to moan over "Palestinian" terrorism and to start a new "defensive" operation against "Palestinian terrorism".
    you do realise that Israel has the power to destroy Gaza and everyone in it?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Seriously, Palestinian terrorism is non existant? And here I thought suicide bombings and rocket attacks on civilians counted as terrorism

eran's Avatar Domesticus

So we agree all the muslims sould support terrorism?

Islamists fire rockets at Israel but their only victim is a Muslim in Jordan. lol Epic fail!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast