Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26516667686970717273747576
Results 1,501 to 1,502 of 1502

Thread: Faction speculation thread

Default Re: Faction speculation thread

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Raeti and the Vindelici tribe have a very curious history. The Raeti spoke, according to some sources, a variant of Etruscan, though some of the words are cognates of Celtic, perhaps evident of some Celt migration through the area. It was hypothesized that the Raeti were Etruscan peoples that survived the Celtic migrations by fleeing to the Alps, but its also probable that they are simply an Etruscan people that settled there long before and continued to live for centuries after the Celts overran most of the Etruscan presence in northern Italy. The Vindelici, their close northern neighbors, spoke a language that is either Venetic or Lepontic Celt. The surviving records only mention a handful of tribes by name. As a frontier province with Germania, as was Noricum, the area was neglected for two centuries after the Romans annexed them.

The Norici, aka the Taurisci, were the leaders of a federation of twelve tribes that the Romans actually called a proper kingdom and called it Noricum. Noreia today still has not been conclusively found. They had a presence unique within the empire because they were still ruled by semi-independent kings until Antoninus Pius.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Team Sleep's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Faction speculation thread

Why the hell not Bithinya? It has a province, it was historically significant, had interaction with other factions that are already included, and I'm sure it's non unique unit roster is probably already included in some way shape or form. The biggest argument I've seen from non team members is that "the area is too crowded." BOO HOO! So is the Greek peninsula, the Gauls & Anatolia w/out my suggestion. The only question That is left to me is what culture it would occupy. It would fit into at least 3 that I can think of, Barbarian because of Celtic influence, Eastern because they're not Greek and in that geographic region or Eastern Greek because of their influence.