Thread: Gamescom!

Default Gamescom!

So, Gamescom is upcoming, Paradox said they'll be announcing some titles, (CK2! CK2!) during it, and they announced some now.

The onced they announced now are:

Lionheart: Kings' Crusade
    (Imagine CK and Medieval 2 TW mixed)

Magicka

Spoiler for Never heard of it, here's their description:
    A humorous action-adventure title based on Norse mythology, Magicka will transport players into a fantasy environment where four brave souls will be called upon to take on..well, you know the deal. Being developed by Arrowhead Game Studios Magicka will offer players millions of spellcasting combinations in a parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world and is set to be released when it’s done!

Sword of the Stars II
    (Space Strategy game, I guess.)

Pride of Nations
    Made by AEGOD, was Vainglory of Nations, they just changed the name. It looks REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY AWESOME!
    Spoiler for Screenshot

Paradox Connect!

We're also releasing a service for our gamers. The working name is Paradox Connect. I can't say too much about it because we're going to announce it later, but it's going to allow extra services for the people who actually buy our games.

We're not really a pro-DRM company. We skip DRM for almost all of our titles, so instead we're giving something extra to the people who can prove they actually bought the game. I think that's the best way of fighting piracy. We can speak more about it next time we meet.

Are you planning that for this year?

FW: We hope to launch it in August, but you know how it is with development. It might be Q1 next year. When we have the beta running, we'll announce that something is coming up. But before then…you know.
    Original Article: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...on_DRM_F2P.php

I'm super excited to see if they'll announce CK2, the new EU3 expansion, and of course, I want to see what Paradox Connect is!
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; August 03, 2010 at 03:16 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Default Re: Gamescom!

So, they're releasing Victoria II in a couple weeks, and they're developing Victoria 1.5?
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Default Re: Gamescom!

I love this compnay their no DRM, reward the people who buy their games makes me so happy. Lets just say i used to know someone who pirated paradox games but does not anymore and has bought the ones he did for these reasons.
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you F___ with me, I'll kill you all.
    - Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Nostalgia aint as good as it used to be