Page 5 of 313 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Default Re: Warhammer 40000 Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    So dark crusade does advance the story of ze blood ravens.
    Well the only thing Dark Crusade does is tell they won the war on Kronus but in doing so the Inquisition started to probe into them and became interested in their past because of their willingness to kill Guardsmen. To be honest the Blood Ravens got a bum rap because their Chapter Master sent them to purge the planet and Segmentum sent Lucas Alexander to Liberate the world. Technically the Space Marine orders supersede that of the Imperial Guard as they are higher ranking in the Imperial war machine. However, this is the Imperium of Man and nothing is ever that simple. Because Segmentum sanctioned the Imperial Guard mission and not the Blood Raven's and because Segmentum Command is tied to that of the Imperial government Thule should have backed down and left or assisted. But he didn't.

The books are not Dark Crusade and Dark Crusade are not the books. From what Ulysses is telling me the books are part of the Dawn of War universe as well.

Here's where I'm confused. Since the books and games do not create a cohesive canon. Which one supersedes the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruire View Post
    If Dark Crusade isn't part of DOW1, what the hell is it?
    i see we have a simple one ere. ill start explaining and add a vid to each of the thingies to summarize the entire game.

The first release is Dawn of War. features a spess mehreen campaign and SINDRIIIIII!!!

the second release is Dawn of War Winter Assault, which is an expansion for Dawn of War with a fun campaign featuring the WH40K equivalent of Clint Eastwood. in fact on the internet it is rumoured that he can take down enemies with only his gritty stare and adamantium testicles.

The third release the standalone expansion Dark Crusade arguably the best release in the dow 1 series until the firestorm over kronus mod team is done with their firestorm over kaurava mod. Not because of the campaign but due to the updates, new units ect making gameplay a lot nicer imo.
    it also graced us with angry goth terminators and weaboo communists.
    It has sadly not yielded any memes because there was only awesomeness.

The fourth release is soulstorm. a bit dissapointing gamewise but humouristicly grand, giving birth to such epic memories as the speech impaired Indrick Baldeale and Carron's metal box rage which was recorded in a song which i shall share later.

Now on to the metal box song.
    the original is

The Khornite chaos version is:
    (sing along now folks)

METAL BOXES on the hillside, METAL BOXES full of Spess Mehreens!
    We must crush them 4 teh BLOOD GOD,
    All the RHINOS must be burned!
    There’s a Drop Pod and a Whirlwind
    And a Dreadnought and a Predator,
    But I’d rather smash the RHINOS,
    METAL BOXES DIE TODAY!!!

All the foolish little Spess Mehreens
    Think they’re safe in transport vehicles,
    Well they’ll find it hard to hide when
    THERE’S AN AXE SHOVED IN THEIR BRAINS!!!
    All their tactics and their transports
    And their STEEL REHN and their FUREH
    Cannot stand the power of Chaos,
    We shall take their tanks away!

Bash the RHINOS, smash the RHINOS!
    I hate them more than anything!
    They’re the reason Mummy hates me,
    They’re the cause of all my pain!
    Just look at me, I’m an ugly mess,
    And my voice acting’s hammy,
    This whole game is ing awful,
    And the RHINOS caused it all!

METAL BOXES on the hillside,
    Destroy them, my minions!
    We shall shoot them with our Bolters,
    We shall tear them into scraps!
    They are cowards, they are weaklings,
    An offence to the BLOOD GOD!
    And they’re made out of adamantium
    AND THEY ALL MUST DIE TODAY!!!!!

and that concludes the noteworthy stuff from the Dawn of War Series. hopefully someone comes along and fills you in on DOW2. at least you gave me a reason to post cool so im not complaining.
    Last edited by |Sith| Max; August 01, 2010 at 05:13 PM.

Dawn of War 2 fluff is just awful........
    Art //

I'm looking over the armylist that Ulysses shared with me (thank you Mr. Ulysses ) and I'm looking at the description of Defilers now I know this next bit is still cannon. It says "Using complext arcane rites, the adepts of the Dark Mechanicus work with Chaos Space Marine sorcerers..."I know the World Eaters have Defilers in their ranks so my question is this. If Defilers require a combined effort from Dark Mechanicum adepts and Chaos Space Marine sorcerers. How the hell can the World Eaters field them if they killed off all their sorcerers out of respect to Corn Khorne?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    I'm looking over the armylist that Ulysses shared with me (thank you Mr. Ulysses ) and I'm looking at the description of Defilers now I know this next bit is still cannon. It says "Using complext arcane rites, the adepts of the Dark Mechanicus work with Chaos Space Marine sorcerers..."I know the World Eaters have Defilers in their ranks so my question is this. If Defilers require a combined effort from Dark Mechanicum adepts and Chaos Space Marine sorcerers. How the hell can the World Eaters field them if they killed off all their sorcerers out of respect to Corn Khorne?
    they kidnap thousand son's sorcerers and beat them up till they do what the theyre told.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|9|Lord_Max View Post
    they kidnap thousand son's sorcerers and beat them up till they do what the theyre told.
    How do you beat up a walking suit of corrupted power armor?

How do you beat up a walking suit of corrupted power armor?
    well first you fly over the battlefield with a gigantic magnet tied to a rope under your firehawk, then you get a welder to get rid of the normal ones, after which you simply tie it to a chair and put a display screen in front of it. you then put rick astley's hit song on loop and once its eyes turn from bright green to angry red you know hes ready to decapitate some guardsmen.

that or you promise him a collectors edition dvd set of Star Trek TOS

How much Tyranids are there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetRegistered View Post
    How much Tyranids are there?
    Are where?
    Art //

In the universe. How much would you guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetRegistered View Post
    In the universe. How much would you guess?
    Enough to assault the galaxy from all sides and still have a ridiculous amount of reserves.
    Art //

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Enough to assault the galaxy from all sides and still have a ridiculous amount of reserves.
    Enough the populate fully the Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxies and the next closest one on the far side of Andromeda.

Dark Crusade is a standalone expansion to Dawn of War 1. It's not part of the game in the sense you don't need DOW1 to play it and install it. But it is part of the DOW1 series of games.
    If I wanted to play that FoK mod with only DC, which factions would be excluded from being in mp for me? The mod looks very well done.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator of rome View Post
    If I wanted to play that FoK mod with only DC, which factions would be excluded from being in mp for me? The mod looks very well done.
    If playing FOK in mp with a pure DC installation (no DOW or WA registered with DC) then you would lose access to Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar, Chaos, and Orks.

If playing FOK in mp with a pure DC installation (no DOW or WA registered with DC) then you would lose access to Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar, Chaos, and Orks.
    Meh, I'll rather buy all of them whenever a sale comes along.

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator of rome View Post
    Meh, I'll rather buy all of them whenever a sale comes along.
    You can get the Dawn of War Omnibus (which is like all three games packed together) for like 29.95. And Soulstorm is equally cheap now.

Yea, I saw them on Steam for that much. I'll eventually buy them=).

Well the only thing Dark Crusade does is tell they won the war on Kronus but in doing so the Inquisition started to probe into them and became interested in their past because of their willingness to kill Guardsmen. To be honest the Blood Ravens got a bum rap because their Chapter Master sent them to purge the planet and Segmentum sent Lucas Alexander to Liberate the world. Technically the Space Marine orders supersede that of the Imperial Guard as they are higher ranking in the Imperial war machine. However, this is the Imperium of Man and nothing is ever that simple. Because Segmentum sanctioned the Imperial Guard mission and not the Blood Raven's and because Segmentum Command is tied to that of the Imperial government Thule should have backed down and left or assisted. But he didn't.

The books are not Dark Crusade and Dark Crusade are not the books. From what Ulysses is telling me the books are part of the Dawn of War universe as well.

Here's where I'm confused. Since the books and games do not create a cohesive canon. Which one supersedes the other?
    errr im prertty sure the books are more canon than some video game
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    errr im prertty sure the books are more canon than some video game
    *Hugs Moorish* W00t! Then my beloved Taldeer still lives!! I got to find her.

*Runs off*

yeah I regard relics little video games as a totally diffrent universe, for the most part...
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow