Thread: Adding unit packs (for Morocco)

HbHadast's Avatar Civis

Default Adding unit packs (for Morocco)

Thank you for this mod, it's exactly what I have been waiting for.

Since I am Tunisian, I wanted to play with the Barbary States but I'm really not interested in being at war with the whole world. The second option for me was to play with Morocco. However, it has very few units which are extremely weak.

Is there any unit packs that I can add to Morocco (and to other factions to maintain a certain degree of gameplay balance)? I heard that Imperial Splendor has a full Moroccan roster but I'm not sure if it's compatible.

Your help with the installation procedure will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Adding unit packs (for Morocco)

The Imperial Splendor mod for Empire has completely overhauled the Moroccan faction, as well as some others.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=299728

Awesome mod IMO, have a go at Spain!
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

I am also interested in finding unit packs for the three factions underrepresented in terms of their rosters (morocco, barbary states, and crimea). Would there be some way to use only the african/crimean (if there are any) units from that mod and not the other ones?

will......if you want a lot of variety you can download imperial destroyer...and open tour pack files manager on lord core or lord db and add many units to the eastern faction you want....i did that and made moroco,barbary,ottoman,magul,maratha and all other eastern factionss have variant amount of units....

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Obviously you've posted this in the StartPos Mods area, so perhaps you prefer playing as minor factions such as Morocco using Empire Total Factions (rather than other mods). You could, as others said, use other mods such as Imperial Destroyer and Imperial Splendour. They make changes to game-play, which you might or might not enjoy. Of course, if you're interested in them, it's a good idea to visit their pages on the Hosted Mods list and to try them.

If you are using Empire Total Factions (ETF) because you like the idea of playing as minor factions and you prefer the unmodified game-play (or perhaps using a few small mods to tweak the game to your preferences), then you might want to try Swiss Halberdier's Additional Units Mod (AUM) or my Minor and Emergent Factions Unit Pack.

Swiss Halberdier's AUM is far more advanced, it creates many new units. AUM uses a user script file to make the mod work, I think you'd need to edit this from the Empire Total Factions launcher to make AUM and ETF work together.

My Minor and Emergent Factions mod simply unlocks units which are in the game's files and makes some units which are recruitable (but not very useful) into useful units. It focuses mainly on making units available for smaller/less powerful factions such as the Barbary States, Morocco and others which are unlocked by ETF, but are very hard to play because they have such a limited roster.
    Last edited by Alwyn; November 17, 2019 at 03:27 AM.