Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Morrowind: Total War

Default Re: Morrowind: Total War

Some of Skyrim armor we will use, I think. But for Skyrim warriors.

About Templars. You must play Morrowind before start development mod about TES Universe.
    We are watching you, scum!

All latest news about Morrowind: Total War only in OUR FORUM
    Morrowind Total War on ModDB

You could just aswell say that I have to play Daggerfall and Arena. Especially the latter one, as it covers the whole of Tamriel
    And I think I know enough about Morrowind (the province, not the game) to create a mod about Tamriel. What happens in Morrowind (the game) does not really affect my mod. And I know those things that do, for instance that Almalexia dies, Hlaalu Helseth becomes a 'true' king, and so forth. And as Vvardenfell is already destroyed in my mod, most other things from Morrowind(game) don't matter. The events from Daggerfall and Oblivion are much more important, as they affect the province of High Rock(Daggerfall) and whole Tamriel(Oblivion - Elsweyr, Argonia, Summerset and Valenwood become independent) in a big scale.

Just my opinion

If you want made mod about universe, you must know all about this universe.

It is enough if the team knows everything about the universe. And it is enough if we know everything about the timeframe the mod is set in. The templars for instance don't play any role in my mod, as the Morrowind legion is simply superfluous. It does not exist anymore. I suppose you don't know as much about Skyrim and Black March as about Morrowind, do you? This is not meant to be an offense. I'm only showing my point of view, and I'm sure you'd rather like it, if we discussed about your mod here, instead of mine

Your timeframe is unlore, you don't know nothing about it. With this approach mod will remain unlore. Maybe you mustn't know all, but you must play all games with "new" lore (after Reedguard).
    I know about Black March and Skyrim not less than you because I've played all games (Daggerfall too) and I've read Infernal City. Soon I'll read Lord of Souls too. Becaus I want know about Tamriel and not separate information on the necessary and desired.

I did not say that I know more than you, but that you probably don't know everything about Skyrim and Black March. And my mod is not unlore. To be correct, I know quite enough about the timeframe, or about what might have happened. Not what happened is important for a Total War game, but what might have. Some information we know about E4:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Of course, the emperor is dead, and High Chancelor Ocato rules Tamriel together with the council. But many are aware of his weakness, as he is no emperor. The effect is a civil war. The winner of this war is Titus Mede of Colovia. He took the Imperial City with only 1000 men. He hunts down the Blades and tries to restore the Empire, which is about to decay. After the red year Argonians invade Morrowind and capture the mainland. Vvardenfell becomes a vulcanic wasteland. With this act the Argonians become independent. In Elsweyr the mane(I think you call it like this in English) is killed, and a civil war starts. The North of Elsweyr is ruled by bandits. In Valenwood a prophet says that Y'ffre will return, and the Wild Hunt is seen for the first time in the last 500 years. But in Summerset the Thalmor, the former rulers of the Aldmeri-Dominion take power, seceed from the Empire and occupy Valenwood, reforming the Aldmeri-Dominion. The Thalmor want to unite Tamriel like it was in E1. And Hammerfell is threatened by a civil war. The old conflict between the Crowns, who want the Redguards to live like the Yokudans did, and the Heirs, who adapted to the Tamrielic culture, and to which the king of Hammerfell belongs. In the north of Tamriel, the Nord have the east of high Rock and Hammerfell in their posession, another source for a possible war.
    And this is only our rough lore guideline. There is so much more lore related information one can use.

One can make much out of this, its real consequences, and its possible consequences. What if the Empire remains under Ocato's rule, or Elsweyr can get rid of the bandits, or the civil war in Hammerfell really starts. What if a new king takes power in Valenwood, instead of the province becoming part of the Aldmeri-Dominion. What if...? There are so many ways to rewrite lore, but also to act according to it. That's what makes a mod worth playing for me, not only real lore. A very nice example is Third Age TW. You can reform Arnor, which is never mentioned in books or films, and still Arnor is one of the popular factions.
    And to be honest, I'm getting tired of discussing this again. We already had a similar discussion, and I thought we had reached a consense
    If you want to respond, please do so via PM. I really want to reach a consense with you, but this discussion does not belong to your mod thread.

You don't understand one thing. If you want mod about universe - you must want know more about it. If you want not know more - it will not be mod about this universe. It will be mod about your universe, invented by yourself. And this mod will not be interesting for me - it will be mod from people that don't like TES and that just played Oblivion.
    All our agreements arrangements are in force, but your mod not interesting for me after today's conversation.
    Last edited by Zuzya; October 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

Imperial Templar Captain
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

P.S
    while you're here knock your heads together, I'm working. It would be better if you helped me

Looks very nice. Especially the ornaments on the boots

It would be better if you helped me
    The above mentioned arrangements said that I help you. Give me some coding stuff and I'll do it
    If you don't need it now, ask later

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

The armor on him is amazing, great work.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

clone's Avatar Primicerius

i always wanted something like this.why the graphics are like rtw
    Last edited by clone; October 27, 2011 at 06:05 AM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?
    Robert E. Howard

It's old screens. Last models, posted here - for M2TW.

How will you do the dissident priests? I saw them on the faction list, and I wondered what they would do. They don't have enough members to field armies, so what exactly will they do?

clone's Avatar Primicerius

are you going to include books in the game and how.how are you going to model dwemer ruins and staf like that
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by vercassivelaunos View Post
    How will you do the dissident priests? I saw them on the faction list, and I wondered what they would do. They don't have enough members to field armies, so what exactly will they do?
    They will be like roman rebels on RTW.

are you going to include books in the game and how.how are you going to model dwemer ruins and staf like that
    Books will be interesting, but I don't know how.
    All models made by our modellers based on Morrowind conception. Architecture hasn't yet begun.

Vladyvid's Avatar Senator

Brilliant mod, great work so far, keep it up. + Rep

I have a question about the Ashlanders - will they be a single faction or will each tribe get their own faction? Also are you considering including the Cammona Tong as a faction, or including them as a guild or mercenaries? Would be really cool to take command of the Cammona Tong and fight to expell all the N'wah from the Dunmer lands.

Will there be Nerevarian and if so, which faction would he belong to?

You have this in the description:
    Religions
    • Tribunal Temple
    • Impreial cult
    • Cult of ancestors
    • Cult of Dagoth
    • Daedric cults
    • Cults of nords
    Were do the Tribes of Black March belong to? Maybe you had these religions because BI had other limits than kingdoms, so I want to mention that you may have up to ten religions, so there's a free place for the Argonian culture, maybe something like "underlings of the hist" (I know that this sounds like crap, but it should refer to the Hist)
    Last edited by vercassivelaunos; October 27, 2011 at 10:07 AM.

In Black March maybe?

Vladyvid
    Ashlanders... I don't know. Maybe - like a 4 separate tribes with territories of small neighboring tribes. Maybe like 1 big faction with land of only 4 big tribes.
    Last edited by Zuzya; October 27, 2011 at 10:10 AM.

I meant religion wise.

It's old list from BI, you right. All can be changed. If we will find empty slot for religion of argonians, it will be Hist worship.
    Last edited by Zuzya; October 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM.