Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TATW 2.0 : Bad Guys too weak?

Default TATW 2.0 : Bad Guys too weak?

I get the feeling that in the 2.0 TATW, the bad guys always seem to be unable to win against the good guys... I already played two campaigns with Eriador/Arnor and Isengard got ripped off by Rohan, the same for Mordor and Gondor and also Dale and Rhun...
    Would it be because of the lower spam of armies? Mordor has always less armies than Gondor (they reached and took Black Gate and Barad Dur twice before turn 100) and so does Isengard...
    Am I the only one who noticed that? Or was I twice unlucky? See I'd rather fight against Evil than against Gondor or Elves...but when I get the new Arnor, the bad guys are already quite dead...

Wolfsblut's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: TATW 2.0 : Bad Guys too weak?

Quote Originally Posted by Valaraukar View Post
    I get the feeling that in the 2.0 TATW, the bad guys always seem to be unable to win against the good guys... I already played two campaigns with Eriador/Arnor and Isengard got ripped off by Rohan, the same for Mordor and Gondor and also Dale and Rhun...
    Would it be because of the lower spam of armies? Mordor has always less armies than Gondor (they reached and took Black Gate and Barad Dur twice before turn 100) and so does Isengard...
    Am I the only one who noticed that? Or was I twice unlucky? See I'd rather fight against Evil than against Gondor or Elves...but when I get the new Arnor, the bad guys are already quite dead...

I think (and i hope ) you was just unlucky.

I ve played 3 "short" campaigns till round 100 somewhat til now and the map looked like
    usual.
    Mordor has driven the Silvans out of the forest, the dwarves pawned the omm and dale suffered from Ruhn.
    Oh and in my current one with the Eldar there was no arnor for the Gundabad-Orcs raped
    eriador oh-so-badly .

Edit: also i think that Gondor hold the ground a little better than before 2.0 now, at round 100+
    it was often already gone if i remember right
    May the earth be light upon you, lest the dogs can dig you out more easy.

In my campaign both 2.0 and 1.4 is rohan losing to isengard so badly ... (Im playing as Sil. Elves)

Campaigns don't always play out the same but the main reason OoG were added was to help out the evil dudes so it's hopefully better now.

The same happened to me. I started a new campaign to check if this is going to happen again. I play with toggle_fow and toggle_perfect_spy to whats happening. Again the Bad guys got raped
    Don't smoke the seed

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinos View Post
    The same happened to me. I started a new campaign to check if this is going to happen again. I play with toggle_fow and toggle_perfect_spy to whats happening. Again the Bad guys got raped
    Well in my game, Mordor always starts attacking Silvan Elves and goes through the Mirkwood Forest but then Gondor takes whole Ithilien and strikes Mordor in the back so Mordor gets cut in two pieces and then, bye bye Minas Morgul and Black Gate... I don't know why...but could it be the armies-spam reduction that deserves Mordor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Campaigns don't always play out the same but the main reason OoG were added was to help out the evil dudes so it's hopefully better now.
    I know I know and it seems that it's quite harder for High Elves and Eriador/Arnor but it's much more about Mordor and Isengard who are unable to go through Gondor and Rohan...those two are really powerfull

I'm around turn 115 in my Eriador campaign, Isengard annihilated Rohan and even took one of gondors cities. They controlled around 20 regions before I started conquering them. At the start Gondor was doing really well but they are driven back to Minas Tirith now.

I think it's pretty random, and it also depends on how much you help your allies. I usually don't help them at all so I can capture their cities later on, without pissing them off.

In my campaign mordor and Isen were wayy too powerful, then i started another campaign (as eriador again) and now they are both level pegging with Gondor and Rohan. It all depends on how well they all start

Well in my game, Mordor always starts attacking Silvan Elves and goes through the Mirkwood Forest but then Gondor takes whole Ithilien and strikes Mordor in the back so Mordor gets cut in two pieces and then, bye bye Minas Morgul and Black Gate... I don't know why...but could it be the armies-spam reduction that deserves Mordor?
    Same here. This happened in my Eriador campaign. Isengard begin really good against Rohan, but then they were got pwned. The Dwarfs destroyed the Orcs of the Misty Mountains and only Rhún is on a good way.
    Most of the invasions were called to Bree in my campaign, so maybe Sauron is a littlebit stupid, that he ignored Gondor so much and this invasions were the keypoint for a succesfull Mordor.

Well, in my Eriador campaign, I'm on turn 178, and Rohan is practically gone, The OothMM have nearly conquered Mirkwood, and Gondor, for whatever reason, has had half of their provinces go bandit. Rhun hasn't done much but go back and forth with Dale, and the Dwarves and I wiped out Gundabad really early.
    I guess it's random with every campaign.

Mordor is seriously kicking butt in my campaign.

I'm playing as Eriador and I'm at turn 60. Mordor took all the forts at the Rammas Echor and they took Minas Tirith itself. They also took Edoras and the Hornburg. They captured the capitals of both Gondor and Rohan (Minas Tirith and Edoras), and they captured the major forts of each one too! (Hornburg, Minas Tirith, and the Rammas Echor)

in my campaing the good guys are raping, the silvan elves got rid of mordor in their forest, dale is pwning rhun, i got rid of gundabad pretty early on, now aiming for the misty orcs

problem is gondor, losing minas tirith, getting it back, losing it again, etc, they also lost linhir to harad, and harad keep the full stack inside...

for now, gondor is getting raped, rhun getting overun pretty fast, ah and rohan pwnd the out of isengard with my help

the 2 true evil pwers are mordor and harad, i keep giving money to gondor, but im afraid they are lost, while rohan does nothing now

also its turn 44 i think, no invasion called, probably isengard would be alive if the usual edoras invasion would be called, too late now

Wolfsblut's Avatar Semisalis

Sounds to me that its random like it was before, in my current campaign since yesterday morning
    i will have a nice middlearth-war-I between the "good" factions when i have build up an arnor-force.
    Because i am afraid there will be no "evil" anymore since i am done .
    May the earth be light upon you, lest the dogs can dig you out more easy.

People used to complain about the opposite before, good factions used to get wiped out the game after a couple dozen turns, newer versions of this mod try to balance force so anything could happen, I guess it's just a coincidence or a random event. I've also played a couple of campaign and I remember when I played as Mordor, I used to edit the units.txt file in order to give gondor a very small boost on morale, lower upkeep, etc, and the opposite when playing with gondor.
    If I play with dale, I tend to give some bonuses to rhun, etc.
    basic modifications can help

As stated, there are random events with a % chance of happening, i guess i got lucky, while gondor bleeds to death, the other good factions are prospering, but they will soon have to deal with a VERY strong mordor and harad, at least in my campaing, wich i can't wait to happen, rohan is actually building up armies, where they will send them i don't know, i hope they won't backstab me and go out help gondor

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

It always depend on the campaign. It's random, sometimes Evil invasions roll over ME, sometimes super-Gondor throw them all away. Rohan vs. Isengard is 50-50 but "there can be only one" in this case.
    The fact is that once a side is clearly predominating over the other... this is over. The (bad) situation hardly bounces back It gets worse & worse for the "defender". Pers. on my Eriador campaign my Gondorian ally is taking over northern Harad lands & besieging Minas Morgul, but Rohan is taking severe blows. As I'm now at war with Isengard that will give me more lands to conquer

About Orcs of Gundabad: they're too weak (unfinished unit roster?) & could be beefed up a bit. Gundabad itself should be a large town or a small city. That's counterbalanced for the baddies by the fact that High-Elves & Dwarves always go to war with each other & Silvan Elves are totally selfish.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

In my Eriador campaign Gundabad has been putting up a hard fight against me and the Dwarves despite us making huge cuts into their territory. At one point they only had Carn Dum and the lesser Forodwaith!
    At first it looked like they'd be gone in a few turns but then this fella named Muzug rose to prominence and now he's raised an "army worthy of Mordor" and almost completely turned the war around on our asses!
    He's now the War Chief(faction heir) and took back Gundabad, Litash, and almost Gram! I now have two armies led by Gandalf and Aragorn ready to stop him from joining up with Gorduf or whatever his name is.

Meanwhile, the Goblins(OotMM) haven't lost any land, Isenguard has Edoras, Helm's Deep and a load of other Rohan Provinces while Mordor controls Minas Tirith(thier new capital ) and is slowly peeling away at Gondor. Harad hasn't done squat while Dale is in a deadlock back-and-forth with Rhun.

So yeah, the Bad guys are totally too weak.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

the celt, as you can read, its all random events..

altough in my eriador (now arnor campaing), i rushed for lunelaith (wich is the cause of dwarfs vs HE war), so they are not attacking each other, they do seem to pass trough silvan territory with no penalty, but they are focusing rhun as well, so that might be it

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDevil View Post
    the celt, as you can read, its all random events..
    I'm afraid you misread the direction of my post. The TC suggested that the Evil Factions were too weak. I told him of one campaign where they were showing quite the opposite of weak behavior, not that they preceded to dominate, as I have witnessed, in every campaign. Just in that one occurrence. My account was intended towards the title of the topic.(And yes, I can read, thank you for reminding me! )
    I confess I didn't even read most of the thread before posting so I apologize if it was misread.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast