Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: BRYTENWALDA [1.41 Patch released]

Default Re: BRYTENWALDA [released for Warband SP]

Excellent mod - one of the most professional and best mods I've ever played!
    One thing though - the grammar in the text segments is awful, it really lets this mod down. It mightn't seem like a big deal, but IMO it drags the quality down sharply. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to more releases
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Yes, grammar and spelling is very poor. It's made by Idibil who is Spanish.
    I should really help him out but I'm so busy with other stuff. Later there will be time for correcting the text.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    Excellent mod - one of the most professional and best mods I've ever played!
    One thing though - the grammar in the text segments is awful, it really lets this mod down. It mightn't seem like a big deal, but IMO it drags the quality down sharply. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to more releases

I just imagine a really really strong celtic or english accent saying it and it works out.

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

Scenes are awesome adorno only thing annoying about this mod is the weapon speeds and the unbreakable shields.

I htink the mods big downfall is the rediculous strength of roaming bad guys.
    Kingdom troops are weak in comparison to bandits such as Frankish Raiders and Dana Pirates.
    What the hell is up with that? What units will a Saxon such as myself need to effectivly fight those guys?
    When the majority of the troop tree for most kingdoms are armed with the useless combination os spear and sheild, what can I do against guys with swords sheilds, and when over half f them have chainmail?

Also, your own formations are kinda retarded, only half of my udes actually fight while the rest stand there.
    And burnign the dead sucks, cause another group of tough gusy gets you straight away.
    I don't understand fprtified camps - what are the benefits?
    Last edited by thatguy; August 14, 2010 at 02:45 AM.

Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    I just got 9 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    And burnign the dead sucks, cause another group of tough gusy gets you straight away.
    I don't understand fortified camps - what are the benefits?
    You should only spend time burning the dead if there are no enemies around or you are strong enough to take them.

The fortified camp gives you a 'wall' of spikes that can be a big advantage, especially against cavalry.
    If the fortifications are not finished you will only have some tents and fences.
    But I agree, you're better off running from the enemy than camping.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Adorno1 View Post
    You should only spend time burning the dead if there are no enemies around or you are strong enough to take them.

The fortified camp gives you a 'wall' of spikes that can be a big advantage, especially against cavalry.
    If the fortifications are not finished you will only have some tents and fences.
    But I agree, you're better off running from the enemy than camping.

Oh so I have to wait for it to be fortified?
    Diddn't know that, the description gave me the impression it was good for when your about to be ambushed.
    Any tips on how to get my tropps experiance though? How logn it usually takes to get troops who can hold their own against Franks/Dena's?

Don't get me wrogn either, its a really really cool mod, its just really frustrating fighting these god-bandits.

I just got 9 inches.

Depending on the engineer skill it can take several hours to build fortifications otherwise it's just a camp with tents.
    here's an old video I made showing the entrenchment scenes

I would advise avoiding the tough bandits by having a small party with high tier troops so you can always outrun them until you're strong enough.
    Last edited by Adorno1; August 16, 2010 at 01:46 AM.

Excuse me while I change my pants.

There. This is beautiful. You have my rep.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Thanks.

A new town scene will be added in next release:

Dun At

-----------------------------
    Meaning the fort on the river At, was the most influential town in the kingdom of Dál Riata;
    a kingdom situated in (modern) western Scotland and a small part of northern Ireland.
    In the year 636 Dál Riata is still in its Golden Age, but dark clouds are gathering...
    The Picts, Alt Clud and the kingdom of Bernaccia (later Northumbria) pose a serious threat
    and Dun At must stand the test against numerous enemies.
    Will Dun At fall, and with it the kingdom of Dál Riata, or is there a new dawn for the Dalriadic people?
    ---------------------------

In the 6/7th. century A.D. enclosure walls were built and Dun At was a nuclear fort:

Thus the scene is like this:

Dun At

Town Center

"Courtyard"

Armourer & Weaponsmith - standing by the anvil, perhaps discussing the price on iron...

Town Hall

Exterior

Interior

Tavern (to the right) & Shop (to the left)

Tavern

Shop

Arena
    [/spoiler]

Here are screenshots of a siege at Dun At, when Alt Clut tried conquest:

Battle commences - ladders have been pushed down (to the right), and only two remain

... and so the enemy is pushed back away from the walls

Defenders pursue the last besiegers

... and stand victorious. Dál Riata will live for a while longer...

Are you reading?
    The world is chaos and chaos is war!

The best part of this is having recently returned from a trip around Ireland sparked a huge interest in Celtic history. I wish I knew how to mod, I'd offer my help, but since I lack the skills you have my moral support. Almost as good.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

such beauty! how do you do this Adorno?

I cheat - and look at archeological sites, it's like painting, but in 3D

A new version is in the works and should be ready soon (1-3 days perhaps);
    might also have a new castle by me, if Idibil can use it.

What program? You've sparked my interest and my loins cannot be satiated.

I mean edit mode - not a program

I severely lack imagination so I 'cheat' by making what has already been designed

New version is being uploaded - check 1st. post for download
    0.94 version open beta

-bugfix.
    -New dialogs for companions.
    -Improved speed 2h weapons, and javelin damage
    -Troop tree fixed
    - (see: camp menu > take an action > Troop tree).
    -Improved dialogs system.
    -A lot of new armors. - especially for lords.
    -Changed the cost of recruiting/hiring/upgrade/wages troops.
    -New Scenes: our world continues to take lives, Adorno fixes some problems of old scenes and introduces new scenes in this version.
    -Improved battle system: AI most intelligent, and bugfix for player formations.
    -And more...
    Last edited by Adorno1; August 17, 2010 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonghus G. Friedhold View Post
    You've sparked my interest and my loins cannot be satiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Adorno1 View Post
    I mean edit mode - not a program

I severely lack imagination so I 'cheat' by making what has already been designed

This is not cheating! this is how artists work! They have an eye for things and learn by copying others. You are on your way to greatness my friend

My loins will attest to the truth of the above statement.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

We need more female companions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Don't we all?

Seems the game can crash when entering the armour merchant.
    Here's a fix until Idibil get it done:

Go to your brytenwalda module folder look for the texture folder then find
    "coat_of_plates_mail_specular.dds" and make a copy of it on your desktop then rename it to
    "coat_of_plates_specular.dds" and copy it to your texture folder.

There is also a Polished Landscapes compatible version for download:

Brytenwalda - Polished Landscapes
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2140
    (Just extract and place the files in the Brytenwalda folder, click yes to overwriting).

Is it possible to download the patch without having to download the whole mod again?

I just got 9 inches.