Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738

Thread: BRYTENWALDA [1.41 Patch released]

Default Re: BRYTENWALDA [1.41 Patch released]

Oh I see, I must have confused some other mod to the native (maybe Warband: Enhanced). Constable Sextus advised me to put the unit I want to be trained first priority at the bottom of the list, so I thought that this should be working. He promoted 60 soldiers to Elite Infantry which costs 2000 schillings each. Yes my treasury has that lots of money, saving it for my future rebellion and besides a man cant carry hundred-thousands of schillings. But no matter, no game breaking issues.

So all is fine then thanks bro. And if I may exhaust this opportunity to post another problem.
    This is under Assess nearby forces:

Entrenchment was fine the first time I tried entrenching my camp. So Im thinking if entrenchment is considered an army/something that has free will to decide to help me or not, what made it help me the first time? So I made a new game and tried entrenching first time using a lvl 1 character, but entrenchment feels no obligation to help me again. Also after entrenching I [Inspect camp] and in my camp I see pickets planted around, then I [wait here for some time] someone attacks and the pickets flee
    Another test I did is trying to besiege a settlement then I choose to [Entrench this postition] someone attacked I click [Assess nearby forces] and theres no entry about how the entrenchment feels. So I try to defend and surprisingly there are pickets around the area

I can live without this feature but I think its cool to have entrenchment.

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah113 View Post
    Oh I see, I must have confused some other mod to the native (maybe Warband: Enhanced). Constable Sextus advised me to put the unit I want to be trained first priority at the bottom of the list, so I thought that this should be working. He promoted 60 soldiers to Elite Infantry which costs 2000 schillings each. Yes my treasury has that lots of money, saving it for my future rebellion and besides a man cant carry hundred-thousands of schillings. But no matter, no game breaking issues.

So all is fine then thanks bro. And if I may exhaust this opportunity to post another problem.
    This is under Assess nearby forces:

Entrenchment was fine the first time I tried entrenching my camp. So Im thinking if entrenchment is considered an army/something that has free will to decide to help me or not, what made it help me the first time? So I made a new game and tried entrenching first time using a lvl 1 character, but entrenchment feels no obligation to help me again. Also after entrenching I [Inspect camp] and in my camp I see pickets planted around, then I [wait here for some time] someone attacks and the pickets flee
    Another test I did is trying to besiege a settlement then I choose to [Entrench this postition] someone attacked I click [Assess nearby forces] and theres no entry about how the entrenchment feels. So I try to defend and surprisingly there are pickets around the area

I can live without this feature but I think its cool to have entrenchment.
    The entrenchment have to be a party, i think so it can work, so trait it will, or she will be angry .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Hey! Could anyone please help me out and explane how to become a bandit lord ? can i do more then just aid them in battle to get +rep with them ? and how high does it have to be before i can recruit them, and from where ?

I don't think (not sure) you can be a bandit lord like the way you are thinking, as bandits are spawns and not part of a faction. But you can recruit bandits/raiders if you have negative honor, or capture the bandits (I prefer Franks) store them in a castle as a prisoner, then recruit them anytime you need to bolster your army (Beware of party morale going down while recruiting prisoners) (Franks also has high upkeep costs)

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah113 View Post
    I don't think (not sure) you can be a bandit lord like the way you are thinking, as bandits are spawns and not part of a faction. But you can recruit bandits/raiders if you have negative honor, or capture the bandits (I prefer Franks) store them in a castle as a prisoner, then recruit them anytime you need to bolster your army (Beware of party morale going down while recruiting prisoners) (Franks also has high upkeep costs)
    Also after hiring from your prisoners you'll have to put them in a garrison in your lair or castles before nightfall and leave them for the night (first night only), or they will desert and leave you during the night.

I make a difference between normal infantry and those I regard "shield brothers" Franks I tend to place in the infantry and Dena go in the shield brother category. (I let the infantry charge from the start whilst I place myself in a shieldwall with the shield brothers and wait. Franks and any infantry weaker than hearth... something (can't remember full word now) are regular infantry, my reasoning is, that those of them that survive will gain more experience,

One more thing, I place my Franks in the infantry category but last in line to appear on the battlefield from all the infantry, meaning that if the battle is still raging after most my infantry is gone, the Franks will usually turn the tide upon arriving on the battlefield (those guys are though, but I prefer the Dena for looks and armour, they fit better in my shieldwall). And even if the Franks somehow get bested, the enemy will be badly battered and have no chance against my shieldwall.

Is there a way to turn off the ridiculous moral system? My army is kept in almost mint condition, everyone is fed, paid, and I regularly visit priests and whores for moral boosts. Of course, every day my army rests in castles/towns. Nevertheless, almost every day I lose 20-30 men to desertion, and it is usually most professional troops in the army - heavy infantry, cavalry, high-tier archers. I don't really care about playing the game "hardcore", so is there a way to reduce the moral penalties or remove this "feature" altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Is there a way to turn off the ridiculous moral system? My army is kept in almost mint condition, everyone is fed, paid, and I regularly visit priests and whores for moral boosts. Of course, every day my army rests in castles/towns. Nevertheless, almost every day I lose 20-30 men to desertion, and it is usually most professional troops in the army - heavy infantry, cavalry, high-tier archers. I don't really care about playing the game "hardcore", so is there a way to reduce the moral penalties or remove this "feature" altogether?
    you should be able to fix that with the settings in your camp menu, if there isn't an option to change that there should be a list of factors effecting your parties morale in one of the tabs in the reports tab, that should tell you why you lose so money men.
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    you should be able to fix that with the settings in your camp menu, if there isn't an option to change that there should be a list of factors effecting your parties morale in one of the tabs in the reports tab, that should tell you why you lose so money men.
    Yes, for some reason I get "lack of rest" penalty, which is like 60% of my men. How long do they need to rest? I don't see other armies in the game lose their men to that. Is there a way to remove that? I really dislike the "hardcore" features that affect the player, but do no affect the AI.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

As pretty new MB-Wb player, i first now play Brytenwalda ... and what's to say ... after being converted to a Warband-addict, Brytenwalda is pure awesomeness!
    ... and it works flawless on the most recent Warband patch 1.160 - it held me back a while, that the mod info (on TaleWorlds mod forum) says, for Warband 1.157.

As for the hardcore-challenge features ... i like them ... even if the impact is mostly for the player alone, we as players have still a lot advantage-features which the AI has not, with all the companions in the party!
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 07, 2014 at 02:34 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Yes, for some reason I get "lack of rest" penalty, which is like 60% of my men. How long do they need to rest? I don't see other armies in the game lose their men to that. Is there a way to remove that? I really dislike the "hardcore" features that affect the player, but do no affect the AI.
    You should rest in cities/castle the night. I guess camps work too.

It's possible to disable it. Unless mistake you can access the mod option by setting camp. Personally I disabled it and the stamina in battles.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    As pretty new MB-Wb player, i first now play Brytenwalda ... and what's to say ... after being converted to a Warband-addict, Brytenwalda is pure awesomeness!
    ... and it works flawless on the most recent Warband patch 1.160 - it held me back a while, that the mod info (on TaleWorlds mod forum) says, for Warband 1.157.

As for the hardcore-challenge features ... i like them ... even if the impact is mostly for the player alone, we as players have still a lot advantage-features which the AI has not, with all the companions in the party!
    Welcome to the best game ever !

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    You should rest in cities/castle the night. I guess camps work too.

It's possible to disable it. Unless mistake you can access the mod option by setting camp. Personally I disabled it and the stamina in battles.

Welcome to the best game ever !
    Indeed, Brytenwalda mod increased a lot on Warband, while Warband vanilla is already better than everything on the market, imo..

The more crazy that i first come now to the Mount&Blade world... TaleWorlds makes much to less promo to their games, but perhaps that's intended, working with a lot passion/time and therefor much more independent, for a small but firm fan community.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Erador's Avatar Laetus

I have no idea if i´m just being plain stupid or something is wrong with my M&B WB. I just can`t install this mod. I go trough the setup. I put it into the steam folder with M&B WB under Modules. All the other mods i installed are shown there. But not Brytenwalda. Have there been similar problems?

Just installed 1.41 and the map is upside down (again)?
    Also tried the Polished update, but that doesn't change the orientation either. Any fixes for this?