Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Models

Default Re: The Great War | Models

Quote Originally Posted by BDIZZLE356 View Post
    Is there a way to make only the first couple ranks throw grenades instead of the entire unit at a time?

Or even only like 10 guys or so throw them, it would look really funny if the whole unit threw em at the same time as well as not being historically accurate or logistically sound...
    Yes, if a whole unit threw grenades they could probably obliterate the enemy. TBH, I think that each unit should have much lesser men. Even if they did have that many men in a unit back then, wouldn't it make it easier if the units were maybe only 20 men or something? Btw, Mitch, don't forget to include your artillery shell model in the next update. Maybe even make a bunch of different gun-accurate shells if you're bored? Also, 100th post!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Fresh Werewolf View Post
    Yes, if a whole unit threw grenades they could probably obliterate the enemy. TBH, I think that each unit should have much lesser men. Even if they did have that many men in a unit back then, wouldn't it make it easier if the units were maybe only 20 men or something? Btw, Mitch, don't forget to include your artillery shell model in the next update. Maybe even make a bunch of different gun-accurate shells if you're bored? Also, 100th post!
    the only way that would work is if the reinforcement system could be fixed / reworked so that the units entered faster cuz if they were only 20 men or so per unit the fight would be over very very fast and not very fun

idk how u did all these, i just looked @ the thread b/c it sounded interesting, but holy crap man these r unbelievable they r so realistic and amazing!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by obeetwo2 View Post
    idk how u did all these, i just looked @ the thread b/c it sounded interesting, but holy crap man these r unbelievable they r so realistic and amazing!
    Thanks, i was unemployed at the time and had alot of free time plus i really love to model stuff

Greate Mod and nice Models!!!! I have some questions:
    - When will the neu release with the models be finished?
    - Does the new release realized, that the german infantry used "Pickelhauben" until end of 1915 and from 1916 the new steel helmet? I think a good way to realize this in the game are a better version of infantry troops which can be developed about the tech-tree.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich I. View Post
    Greate Mod and nice Models!!!! I have some questions:
    - When will the neu release with the models be finished?
    - Does the new release realized, that the german infantry used "Pickelhauben" until end of 1915 and from 1916 the new steel helmet? I think a good way to realize this in the game are a better version of infantry troops which can be developed about the tech-tree.
    Hello!

Thanks for the appreciation!

First off, it might take a while for the release of the coming update. The models still require rigging (although I, in my rather limited modelling experience, barely know the meaning of the word ), and there are several minor changes to be made here and there to decrease the amount of 'Napoleonic' things still left in the game (generals, faction leaders, etc.).

As for your suggestion, I believe this would require a new unit for every existing German unit (there are a few). The amount of work required for that would be, quite honestly, rather enormous. The team has decided, as of now, to use only the Stahlhelm from the beginning of the campaign, at least visually.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Hello!

Thanks for the appreciation!

First off, it might take a while for the release of the coming update. The models still require rigging (although I, in my rather limited modelling experience, barely know the meaning of the word ), and there are several minor changes to be made here and there to decrease the amount of 'Napoleonic' things still left in the game (generals, faction leaders, etc.).

As for your suggestion, I believe this would require a new unit for every existing German unit (there are a few). The amount of work required for that would be, quite honestly, rather enormous. The team has decided, as of now, to use only the Stahlhelm from the beginning of the campaign, at least visually.
    Why not just give the Pickelhauben to conscripts, rifle battalions, and such, and give the steel helmet to more advanced units like stormtroopers?

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    Why not just give the Pickelhauben to conscripts, rifle battalions, and such, and give the steel helmet to more advanced units like stormtroopers?
    Yes this way you would only need to make one or two units with the new helmets, not one of every unit

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BDIZZLE356 View Post
    Yes this way you would only need to make one or two units with the new helmets, not one of every unit
    So that's what we're doing then, right? I sure hope so, I would like to see both helmets featured

Roma Surrectum II

Mayan-Man's Avatar Miles

*loves Audacias "THIS IS WHAT WERE DOING GOD DAMN IT!"style *
    "If a pro is the opposite of a con, then what is the opposite of progress?"

You could mess with the cool down on grenades so you can only get 1 volley off the whole battle. There were also rifle grenades and stuff like that so I don't really know.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mayan-Man View Post
    *loves Audacias "THIS IS WHAT WERE DOING GOD DAMN IT!"style *
    lol, you know me, and I always know best

Roma Surrectum II

Mayan-Man's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    lol, you know me, and I always know best
    agreed, ill back you with it quicker than germany backed austria, or more apropriatly than when britain backed the US
    "If a pro is the opposite of a con, then what is the opposite of progress?"

Shouldn't the trenches look dirtier, with mud or maybe even water at the bottom?
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Fresh Werewolf View Post
    Shouldn't the trenches look dirtier, with mud or maybe even water at the bottom?
    What? Dude they havn't been textured.. how can you say they don't look dirty... Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    What? Dude they havn't been textured.. how can you say they don't look dirty... Jesus.
    Ah...ha...woops sorry.

No wait! The boards! They make the trenches look cleaner-ish and better constructed (sort of)!
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

Amazing work on these new models, the lack of proper WWI hats and helmets is the only thing that has hitherto kept me from this excellent looking mod.

I am much looking forward to seeing those splendid Pickelhauben in-game and to experience the Total War game I've always wished would be made.

+rep to you all

Did BDizzle make any scoped rifle or flamethrower models? I'm guessing not since they're not shown in the thread...

I am andand! Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Yeah, whatever happened to the retexture by Aanker (I think) ?
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Yeah, whatever happened to the retexture by Aanker (I think) ?
    Yep, that was me. I replaced the canvas texture with an earthy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10