Thread: Trailer/video preview

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Default Trailer/video preview

ok, a-team (twc team) offered us making video trailer/preview
    so, i have to answer to them, and what do you think should we answer to this questions:

Hello!
    I'm a part of the so-called A-Team. I am here on account of your video request. (I believe it was you who contacted Belisarius) I want to hear in detail everything you need and I'll make it happen.

You could help by answering these questions. However they are not obligatory.

• What emotion/thought would you most like people to have when they use your mod?
    • Name the 3 best features of your mod
    • You would be disappointed if the vid did NOT contain X. What is X?
    • What type of music you want?
    • Is this vid being released with a big mod update? If so, what is the estimated release date?
    • Do you have any graphics or renders that you use already to promote your mod? If so, do you wish to have them appear in the vid?

The A-Team.
    please help. i have some things on my mind, but i want whole team to participate
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

Default Re: Trailer/video preview

If it is posible to crete videos where each faction fights against it's historical enemies,Walachia against turks and against hungarians.This battles should represent every unit in battle pic.I hope that this mode will recreate to each Balcanian player the feling of being comander of his ancestors who paied with their blood our existance.The best point of this mode should be historical acurate units,acurate settlements and national music which I wont to hear,in any case we balcanians have a lot in common,I hope this mode will be released on 1 th of September.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Good news on having a video; this mod will have everything!
    You should try and get a shot of like an Orthodox monastery on top of a hill at sun set as the intro of the vid. I can just imagine the domed silhouette and I instantly think: "Tsardoms!!!!!!!!"

Something like this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by \Vazul's Ghost/; July 18, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

This is great, would love to see a Tsardoms video preview. Good idea from son of romans to show battles between historical enemies such maybe scenes from a bulgarian/byzantine battle, hungarian/ottoman, wallachian/ottoman etc. The trailer should maybe convey the feeling of a splintered balkan world, with religious wars, civil wars and the menacing ottomans at the gates of europe waiting to raise the crescent over the balkans.

A few ideas for the other questions:
    • 3 best features - first medieval mod focusing on balkans, historical accuracy, completely new factions and map
    • would be dissapointed if the video did not contain scenes with epic battles
    • I would imagine the video starting with some religious chorus or music, then heavier music for the battle scenes
    • the graphics and text should include the cool fonts and templates used in the faction previews

slavic_crusader's Avatar Biarchus

Make at least the battle scenes fast pace, similar to the original videos in Medieval Total War and expansions. This will create an exciting mood(action and speed) to the veiwer and draw them into playing this new mod. Showing new wonderful features. Perhaps also add a little story to the mod. Perhaps like the political sitituation in the balkans. The old is falling(roman empire) and new is rising(ottomans, serbs). But then u can make a direct statement to the viewer saying "u can control the fate of such and such"
    These quick ideas from the top of my head.

I like VGs idea, but instead of an orthodox church, have all three major religions- Islam,Catholic, Orthodox, as we all know the Balkans are a crossroad.

My two cents
    Last edited by slavic_crusader; July 19, 2010 at 12:44 AM.
    Слава Слога и вјеру у Бога!!!
    Slava Sloga i Vjeru u Boga

Supporter of Eastern Europe Total War!