Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kings and Crusaders submod

Default Re: Kings and Crusaders submod

Hello again. Quick Question. How many provinces can I add? Did you use the maximum of 199? I stated to count them but eventually I gave up because of the flickering monitor ...

I havent added any provinces, but I think Soul Fires HHB submod is at maxium capacity.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

How does this mod work exactly? Where can I find the historical characters? Also, someone pointed out previously that it would be a good idea to give crusader states upgrades for their units. dismounted knights need to be able to upgrade armor twice to match upgraded chivalric knights. the crusader states could use some new units as well.

Whats happening mate? nice to see your still around and have made a submod of your own now chris7ian.

Thanks for the encouragement Dave. I've been playing a lot but I have lost my internet awhile ago, so I haven't been on the site. Be awhile before I'm back trolling again, , but I'm still playing and loving KGCM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

Bump
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Ive noticed with the Milan Conrad of Montferrat, when you hover the mouse over the unit it says EMT_NAMED_MILAN_GENERAL_3 instead of his name or "Milanese General". but i went into C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\text\expanded.txt and the line said EMT_NAMED_MILAN_General_3 i noticed the rest where all capitals so i changed it and fixed the name issue, but his name was "Francesco Sforza". this because KGCM already had a hero? how can this be fixed adding a 4th general? eg. EMT_NAMED_MILAN_GENERAL_4?

EDIT: And what are the conditions to get Hermann von Salza for the TO, hold more then 3 settlements? cause he's not coming.
    Last edited by jcoom41; July 05, 2011 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoom41 View Post
    Ive noticed with the Milan Conrad of Montferrat, when you hover the mouse over the unit it says EMT_NAMED_MILAN_GENERAL_3 instead of his name or "Milanese General". but i went into C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\text\expanded.txt and the line said EMT_NAMED_MILAN_General_3 i noticed the rest where all capitals so i changed it and fixed the name issue, but his name was "Francesco Sforza". this because KGCM already had a hero? how can this be fixed adding a 4th general? eg. EMT_NAMED_MILAN_GENERAL_4?

EDIT: And what are the conditions to get Hermann von Salza for the TO, hold more then 3 settlements? cause he's not coming.
    Sorry that you are having difficulties. For the first problem I have no idea honestly. I suggest if it annoys you enough to try your suggestion or better yet ask in the mod workshop forums. I might have not updated all the necessary files. I didn't use a tutorial but just looked at what Soul Firez was doing.

For Herrmann Von Salza it is hold 4 settlements and have war declared upon you. He was one of the first peeps I added so he should trigger fine but ill double check.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Could you tell me which ones are generals, and which are kings, i know that Afonso for Portugal is a king and works properly, for him it says "Portuguese Faction Leader". But im pretty sure that the generals, the ones that spawn after so many turns or conditions will have wrong names, like for England Edward of Woodstock will say Robin Of Locksley.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoom41 View Post
    Could you tell me which ones are generals, and which are kings, i know that Afonso for Portugal is a king and works properly, for him it says "Portuguese Faction Leader". But im pretty sure that the generals, the ones that spawn after so many turns or conditions will have wrong names, like for England Edward of Woodstock will say Robin Of Locksley.
    Robin ofd Locksley is from HHB. I made some more heros because Soul was on a break. His work is still there, so Robin still spawns. You can verify this by reading the campaign script, under historical characters. Robin spawns when England goes on crusade. Edward spawns after 150th turn and if England is at war with France. Salza spawned for me. Idk what's wrong for you.

Wikipedia will have biographies for them.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

In the campaign script can i reduce the turns of heroes and they will spawn correctly?

Yes
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Could you post a more detail description of what this mod does? 500 MB seems like a lot of space simply for adding historical characters.

Does anyone know where you can download this submod? Like Mediafire?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12