Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Aanker's Art

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: Aanker's Art

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    How could you do that to my country!

Hey! It's my country too!

It's also a sort of sarcastic joke on what could have happened if the "worker class" of Sweden had rebelled like in, for instance, Russia. The words written around the hammer and sickle are of course ironic allusions to the character of the hypocrite ideology that communism - at least in the form we have seen through history - is.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Mission Completed
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I know it took some time before I could get another drawing out, but with school and all that, I have to radically change priorities.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Very cool

Alright, so I got this Intuos4 tablet as my birthday gift (August 20), I installed the software, tried it out, and here's my first 'experimental' image:

NOTE: I am absolutely certain that you have noticed the abrupt end of the mountain chain in the background, the reason for this being that I forgot to scroll.

I've got to say that I love using the tablet; finally I can paint and draw decently with colours, use all the practical computer functions that I normally would not be able to utilize while drawing by hand, and, of course, I will not have to scan my images anymore.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Nice for a first experimenting
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I eagerly await more from the tablet!

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Splendid work but most importantly Grattis!
    Hoppas att du får en grym dag.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Amazing
    Gratulerar på födelsedagen!

Jag tackar naturligtvis för gratulationerna!

Either way, I hope that I can make more sophisticated and detailed images in the future. I love working with shades of blue, so expect oceans, distant mountains and skies.

Yet another 'experiment' (not as much work put into this one as the previous):

An officer's sidearm with a handle decoration of ebony.

I like GIMP.

Skirmish Drone

Still WIP, I've got some details to add here and there, but the main surface is completed.

Magnificent.

Thank you!

I think the head should be smaller, though. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I like GIMP.

Skirmish Drone

Still WIP, I've got some details to add here and there, but the main surface is completed.
    You created all that with GIMP ?

And your first experiment was simply stunning ! +rep man !

Oh, and I changed my profile picture.

Some work I have done on the N:TW campaign HUD for the TGW mod. A few buttons have been remade, too:

Campaign HUD

Still using GIMP.

It's almost so I'm thinking of buying you Photoshop, if I could afford it
    Great work mate.

Awesome work mate !

GIMP ftw

Haha, thanks guys!

Oh, and abbews, I wouldn't say 'no' to that offer...

On a more serious note, however: the reason I use GIMP 2.0 instead of PS Elements is because, most importantly, GIMP can handle channels, which PSE can't. Also, the way the brushes react to pressure on the Intuos tablet feels more like drawing in GIMP than in PSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Haha, thanks guys!

Oh, and abbews, I wouldn't say 'no' to that offer...

On a more serious note, however: the reason I use GIMP 2.0 instead of PS Elements is because, most importantly, GIMP can handle channels, which PSE can't. Also, the way the brushes react to pressure on the Intuos tablet feels more like drawing in GIMP than in PSE.
    Try Photoshop CS5, it's the best out there. PSE is a bad version of PS.