Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Aanker's Art

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: Aanker's Art

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    EPIC! Can't wait for that. But what about the middle soldiers head?
    I think that I can see what you mean: is it the dark area below the neck, or rather, the length of the neck in relation to the rest of the body?

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I think that I can see what you mean: is it the dark area below the neck, or rather, the length of the neck in relation to the rest of the body?
    I think its the fact that his head is quite far along his shoulders with no discirnable features visible to suggest he is stretching.

The American Assault

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Nice!

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Nice one, mate
    Maybe you could just try to darken the forest on the left
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

I think I see what you mean.

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

The American Assault
    How in all evolution... that is spectacular, wonderful, detailed, graphic. There are no words to describe O_O

Alright, started on a new project:

Things that I can already see:
    - The dead German's face needs to be less bright, it's catching too much attention and is, on top of that, actually shaded by the legs of the Frenchman
    - More detail on the water
    Last edited by Aanker; February 17, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

Wow.

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Great work!!!

Patrician Citizen

Impressive start!
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

A thousand reps to be bestowed upon God-King Aanker. Truly inspiring drawing mate. Can I borrow some of that skill, you've got plenty enough to spare

Just out of curiosity (and because I'm thinking of buying one) do you use a tablet? Or do you draw "outside" and then scan?

Everything that you see on these last pages has been drawn with a tablet, in GIMP.

Everything that you see on these last pages has been drawn with a tablet, in GIMP.
    Thanks, I already use GIMP, but I draw outside. Guess I'll buy a tablet, because it's easier and doesn't need to go through my awful scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Boat View Post
    Thanks, I already use GIMP, but I draw outside. Guess I'll buy a tablet, because it's easier and doesn't need to go through my awful scanner.
    Scanners are awful creatures, they just don't do a drawing justice.

Patrician Citizen

So true

The American Assault
    Brilliant!! The other one is coming along great as well, can't wait to see it in full form
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Well, look at that, my workshop has almost caved in under all the other threads!

Anyway, I am to be more participative in the coming Graphics Competitions, starting with this possible submission for the Sea theme:

Thoughts?