View Poll Results: Wich faction do you enjoy the most.

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dale

10 5.95%
  • Dwarves

11 6.55%
  • Eriador

9 5.36%
  • Gondor

36 21.43%
  • High Elves

19 11.31%
  • Harad

3 1.79%
  • Isengard

14 8.33%
  • Mordor

4 2.38%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

3 1.79%
  • Rhun

7 4.17%
  • Rohan

14 8.33%
  • Silvan Elves

23 13.69%
  • Can't Decide.

15 8.93%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wich faction do you enjoy the most?

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Default Re: Wich faction do you enjoy the most?

Quote Originally Posted by freitach View Post
    The three factions I like most are Dale, Isengard and HE.

Dale 'cause you got a nice variety of troops, and a nice starting position, not really difficult, but not totally secure. I especially like the 'common' army style of Dale, not specialized, but strong in all fields.

Isengard uhm as many already mentioned you can build something big from a really difficult starting position. But main reason: you got Uruk Hais ^^ best orcs ever, stylish look ^^

But I've chosen HE, 'cause I just like their style. Archers were always my backbone in all TW games. I just like to rip appart armies before they can even reach me. Furthermore HE just look stylish and the Lancers can fist everything ^^
    THe position is great too. You got some regions to keep your economy, and one war region, Imaldris, many possible enemies (OotmM, Isengard, Dwarfs) and if you got bored, ship an elite army done to umbar
    Yea he is very pro ^^

I am realy disapointed that High Elves lose to Silvan Elves,they have melee cavalry-the best,in 2.0 best infantry and lose only a little to SE arcers.Yes I agree that Gondor is the best but for HE I am realy sorry....

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by son of romans View Post
    I am realy disapointed that High Elves lose to Silvan Elves,they have melee cavalry-the best,in 2.0 best infantry and lose only a little to SE arcers.Yes I agree that Gondor is the best but for HE I am realy sorry....
    Please remember the thread rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Please remember the thread rules.

I definetly respected them,who-HE and why-the best

I Want:
    Reasons why you voted as you did.

I don't want:
    A endless discussion why one faction is better than another.

I'm personally a huge fan of cavalry tactics, which is why I votewd for Rohan. That, and I generally like the style of Rohan weapons, armour etc. Although I would like to see more variation in armour types for the more irregaular horsemen...

RR

Content Staff Citizen

I definetly respected them,who-HE and why-the best

I Want:

I don't want:
    What i mean is: do not imply that one faction is better than all the other. Its Tylering that can lead to an endless discussion. Say why you voted as you did. Don't claim as a fact that the one you voted on is better than all the other factions. This is about wich faction you Enjoy the most, not wich one that is the best.
    Last edited by Narf; July 20, 2010 at 01:29 PM.

It´s about how enjoyable a faction is and not about how strong she is.
    Personally i think the high elves are much stronger, but the silvan elves make more fun. (They are a bit harder and have an interesting starting position.)

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    It´s about how enjoyable a faction is and not about how strong she is.
    Personally i think the high elves are much stronger, but the silvan elves make more fun. (They are a bit harder and have an interesting starting position.)
    I agree i'd rather start a SE game than a HE one.

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Hey, I make this poll so you can show wich faction you enjoy the most.

I Want:

I don't want:

I voted Eriador.

I know there have been another thread about something similar but that was to help the guy to choose wich faction he was going to play next. Plus hes list was incomplite.

Love how you ignored you're own advice,

"I Want:
    Reasons why you voted as you did." Wheres you're reason?

I went for rohan because if you let isengard build up, you have to deal with them plus an invasion, while gondor crumbles and you have to go save gondor from mordor and harad who have become superpowers and if your really lucky the orcs will be pushing at you borders from the north, Fun

You're also pushed for units "paper thin infantry and blind archers" and while you have a wide selection of cavalry, they're not that powerful.

Ohh and the massive cavalry charges that are just epic! I've seen units rout before the charge even hits, brilliant.
    Last edited by David93; August 27, 2010 at 09:34 PM.

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

I couldn't decide, I've got a bit of a tie. Gondor is one of them, I love the constant fighting on the borders and the back and forth of the war between me and the evil factions. I also like HE because I love archers, and they rock in that catagory. Just get some infantry, and but line after line of archers behind them, with a little calvary to flank, and you can't lose. I also like Rohan, due to the difficulty and the invasions that always get called on Edoras. But they need a to have better cavalry for being the horse master. And also, Silvan Elves for the same reasons as the Elves from Amsterdam.

i love using the HE because of their badass eldar units, but i dont like the silvans too much bc i never seem to do good with them
    Kaiser Wilhiem II

"A wise man in times of peace will prepare for war"

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Eriador v2.1 once I resurrect Arnor. So in reality its actually Arnor; their units are some of the nicest eye candy in the game.
    Last edited by Stario; August 27, 2010 at 10:54 PM.

Always Rohan. For those of you who have never seen it, try some leaf of the hobbits and watch the original LOTR animated movies, and tell me anything is more badass than the Rohan Skirmishers....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmbeo...eature=related
    Last edited by tallstark; August 27, 2010 at 11:14 PM.

Senator

Orcs of the misty mountains, i dunno why but out of all the factions ive enjoyed them the most.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Eriador\Arnor

I always enjoy llight brigade armies,and now i am able sfter some turns to test my self with heavier armies
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

It's a tie between Dale, Gondor, and Isengard for myself. I like Dale because it has that overall good mix of units that helped me get started with M:TW/TATW, and I still enjoy playing it. And Gondor and Isengard have the same reason, and, call me crazy for it, but the unit feel technologically advanced and badass, almost. I mean, Gondor has awesome armor and trebuchets, plus insane Swan Knights, and Isengard has crazily armored units (for orcs), plus the bats*** crazy berserkers that are always so awesome to watch fighting. Trolls are good too, but they feel like freaks to me whenever I play. I don't know why.
    For King! For country! For a limitless supply of vodka!

Quote Originally Posted by David93 View Post
    Love how you ignored you're own advice,

"I Want:
    Reasons why you voted as you did." Wheres you're reason?

I went for rohan because if you let isengard build up, you have to deal with them plus an invasion, while gondor crumbles and you have to go save gondor from mordor and harad who have become superpowers and if your really lucky the orcs will be pushing at you borders from the north, Fun

You're also pushed for units "paper thin infantry and blind archers" and while you have a wide selection of cavalry, they're not that powerful.

Ohh and the massive cavalry charges that are just epic! I've seen units rout before the charge even hits, brilliant.
    Well, if you want to make the cavalry more powerful (all around, actually), just add weight to the mounts in the descr_mount (I found the ideal weight, and by that, most powerful, while not having cavalry that can rip infantry a new butthole in half a second, is to add 18 to whatever the original mount weight was). It's sorta like adding 20 to the attack of all units. Added realism. Works best for me.
    For King! For country! For a limitless supply of vodka!

MkdRanger's Avatar Tiro

i like most Rohan and Silvan Elves
    but i vote for Rohan for the great cav

Horris's Avatar Foederatus

i voted HE . altough many people think they are overpowerded because they have awsome archers. i still think you need some tactic experience to win from an army like mordor with there trolls. and altough i know you shouldn't be juging factions on looks of there army but THEY LOOK AWSOME!!!

There will be a day that the will of men grows short, but this is not that day, this day we FIGHT!

I voted on this poll a few weeks ago and now I've forgotten which fraction I voted for

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast