Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total War Vanilla Mod

luzvimindo's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Rome Total War Vanilla Mod

thanks roy.. im getting the hang of it.. im almost finished with the barbarian factions and i'll do carthage and the greek factions tomorrow .. as soon as i'm finished i'll send you all the files ASAP and hope that you'll somehow like the minor changes.. lol..thanks again bud..

No problem bud, its nice to see someone who likes the mod putting time into making it better. This was the first ever game I started to work on and about a year after I started I moved onto working on a mod for Age Of Pirates 2, but I always returned back to this game as I did with Age Of Pirates 2 (the only 2 old games I still love to play). I look forward to your work once your finished, going by the screenshots its looking much better already and should breath new life into what I thought was a dead mod. Good to see its not, and thank you for putting the time into making the changes that you have made and plan on making.

almost done roy.. i will give you the files either wednesday or thursday..or in your case it should be around tues or wed.. lol...

Lol, thanks bud. Can't wait to play the improved version, I keep wanting to play it but I don't want to get into the game and then start over (its a sad life I lead lol).

hi all and to roy..just some update, here are some changes i made in the rtw vanilla units.. note, this are not my units and all of these belong to catw(classical age total war) and variag units and ferres units..

also i added the rs2 environments in roy's mod and here are some screenshots(note:the units there belong to catw,variag and the samnites by rarity with some unit cards also from variag):

these are the faction symbols i used :

and my improved maps for each factions..this are some of the ones i made:
    germans

dacia

armenia

carthage

brittania

when i'm done with this and roy approves some of my changes my problem will be how to send my files to him or how to upload,,i'm still having a hard time doing it..lol

Wow, wow and wow, those screenshots are awesome. Hard to think thats the mod I've been working on for years. But I like what I see and really look forward to installing the mod and playing the game and the more I see of the changes the more I can't wait lol. If you don't have 7zip I suggest getting it (its free) because that has the best compression of any zip programs around, then create an account on Mediafire (this is also free) and after the mod is rared up, upload it to mediafire, as long as the rar file is less than 200MB's you can upload it to there, if its bigger than maybe drop box (never use it myself so can't say whats its like) maybe other people will have ways to upload it for free aswell. But 7zip is a must have, here's the version I use http://www.mediafire.com/?ipeqtnjr63zw3w1
    Last edited by Roy974; March 31, 2013 at 03:32 PM.

i used winrar and found out that all the changes i made resulted to a 754mb file... damn that's big.. i have a super slow laptop.. i'm loosing hope tsk, tsk..

Yeah WinRAR has a poor compression ratio, here's an example the Age Of Pirates mod i worked on is 8.4GB's before been rared up. After been raring it up with 7zip that file size drops to 2.2GB's (this is with default settings, no changes made to anything) that's why i will always use 7zip. If you add the mod to the archive of any zipping program you can have it separate into parts at a given size, very handy if you don't want the mod to be larger than 200MB's. Set it to 199MB's and it will automatically create as many parts as it needs till the mod is fully rared up and no part will be over the 199MB value set in the archive.

yes i understand now..lol..sorry for being a noob on this stuff maybe later i'll send you the files on models unit and the model battle txt so that you can start inspecting the changes.. it's almost done only carthage is not changed.. i'll change it maybe tomorrow but with the files i'm sending you atleast you can now start sorting things out for the mod.. can i ask you a question ? do you still have the file for rs2 maps and environments?

Thanks bud, I know where i'll be spending all my free time now. Sadly no I had to reformat my computer a few weeks back so I lost everything I didn't backup, and it looks like that was something I didn't backup. You sent me the file though so i'll be able to add that to the mod and see the true level of detail I always hoped for. Great work and look forward to your work been completed and the new version been released for everyone to enjoy.

wow that's bad news roy.. don't worry if i'll be able to finish the changes soon i'll upload them again..version 8 plus the changes

This version is almost 1GB so it will most likely have to be split into 2 to 3 parts but as soon as you've finished bud and uploaded the files I will release the new version and everyone can have fun with a much improved mod. I have to say that I like the changes and approve them all, there is something I need to do. After changing this version back from unified Rome I gave the Brits all the units that was given to Scipii named Celts in the unified version, some of those units need to be removed and rebalanced. This will free up space for new models to be added for other factions if needed, and i'm sure another faction will need a unit or 2 to bolster up something in their rosta like light/heavy infantry or maybe spearmen etc. So if you see a faction that is in need a more troops then let me know and I will let you know and I can see which units the Brits don't need.

yes..i've noticed also that the brits are stacked with great units though I did not removed them because it is part of the mod's features which I think a lot of people like..If I see something that needs more improvement I'll definitely let you know..

I forgot that you have two versions of this mod as I focused solely on the version with 3 houses.. If I'm finished with the other one I'll jump right ahead to the other..lol

Ok thanks bud, it should be easy to do if you have win werge (its a free program that allows you to compare files to one another highlighting all changes between them) its a vital program for modding, you can simply transfer edited lines of code from one file over to another without having to search for the code changes, reduces work load by many hours/days.

First off I would like to give a big thank you to "luzvimindo" for his hard work in breathing new life into this mod, the changes he has made have drastically enhanced the mod and given it a new fresh feel. Many units textures improved, RS2 environmental mod which brings the world to life. Some tweaks to units to balance their faction out a little better. New officers (not included in these screenshots because I was waiting for the files to download). The screenshots bellow are from a battle I was having with the Numidians, a little one sided when i'm playing as the Carthaginians, but I was testing all the factions out to make sure the units worked and no errors was thrown. So sit back and look at the screenshots, the mod will be released in a few day's time if all goes well.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

nice screenshots buddy.. are the unit cards still the same as vanilla when playing as rome or any barbarian units?

Thanks bud, I didn't capture the best of shots but I will work on that in the next few day's and give this topic a new feel to viewing the mod. For now some screenshots from the strategic map, starting off in different area's showing trr'e to then showing (again in different area's) the winter snow on the ground.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: