Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

dont worry guys. waiting the new version of loreley, i will post it here if him allow it. i guess
    your bronze age second life isnt come to an end.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Quote Originally Posted by LanPirot View Post
    I don't have Steam, so I can't reproduce this bug to trying fix it
    Well, there is nothing to do then. Thanks for your time anyway

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    dont worry guys. waiting the new version of loreley, i will post it here if him allow it. i guess
    your bronze age second life isnt come to an end.
    Bravo Antonio !!
    good news .....

Daminios's Avatar Civis

loreley's Avatar Laetus

Does anyone know how to limit the number of temples that can be built in a city in 1 (just like in vanilla)? Because in the mod you can build all the temples in each city but it does not seem appropriate and I want to change it. Thanks!

LanPirot's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by loreley View Post
    Does anyone know how to limit the number of temples that can be built in a city in 1 (just like in vanilla)? Because in the mod you can build all the temples in each city but it does not seem appropriate and I want to change it. Thanks!
    temples in this mod have names in EDB and other files like this: AA_temple_of_hathor
    and, vanilla temples does not have preffix AA_... so, just delete this adding in all files for limited building

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I downloaded the mod few days ago from moddb.com page. Thanks for the english translation - itīs amazing egaming experience

Edit: Do you know if the team is still working on BA:TW? Thanks.

I don't think anyone is actively working on the mod at the moment. It's pretty finished though, not much else to do, I think

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I really like this mod, and want to make a video on it, altough i really find some things missing.
    Such things that i want to mod and then put here for anyone who wants it is the characters portraits and the general model textures.

For the video i want to make i will only meet up with the semitic, assyrian and egyptian cultures, so that's the changes that i will start with.
    Then, later, if i make in the future another video on it or feel like it i make the rest of the portraits for the remainer cultures.

Here's a example of what i am doing with the portraits:

My photoshop isn't the best, but here you go
    This portraits are for, what in the mod folder shows, the hun culture, that makes part of the phoenician, amurru and aramean faction.
    It shows how they will look as young and older. I hope to get as many of this pictures as i can get to make the characters look unique.

OK GUYS, LISTEN: me and loreley worked a lot on it ajusting several things. 4 turn per year, wooden wall to some smaller town, mercenaries added , and other issues. etc this submod started by me is called MEN OF BRONZE, but there s something other to fix: provincial campaigns dont work, they crash as starting for example and some unit texture as the arzawan infantry is messed up.
    if i pass the mod via mail to someone of you, can you give a look and adjust something?
    another thing to say, i wonder how do you use chariots? (i ever used a guerrilla approach in total war. using cavalry for hit and run attacks etc scortched land strategy, attrition etc so i defended gaul many times from the germanic tribes in late roman campaigns with a small comitatus against huge enemy armies winning ever in the long time. so elsewhere butba little bit diverse was in danube and sirya, where the flat land and enemies with much cavalry (persians and steppe peoples) make too dangerous fight on the field, so there the attrition, and the scortched land was accompanied by a defensive siege strategy based on fortified cities and forts.
    but in the bronze age is all diverse, no cavalry,(chariots are not the same. they arent so slender) so my tactic of exchange space for time, and to beat the invader with a guerrilla strategy work only in part, and only in some territory as greece or anatolia, where hills and mountains allow me to hide troops, simulate withdraw, hit and run, to attack from the top, etc in sirya where is all flat i m forced to fight in open field normally, loosing more men than necessary.
    what tactics do you use with the chariots?

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Fahnat, can you do some aegean and luwian (hittite, arzawan,etc) portrait? i will insert them in the game aside with the others

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

How frustating it is, that i wanted to add and edit some names for the mod but it crashes whendi do any change to the names. Since there is so much repetition with the names i wanted to add more, but it makes an error that doesn't show the problem, only that the game crashed, and on top of that i can't put back the original name txt, i have to install the mod all over.

Do you want our version fahnat? adjusted very much with mercenaries, wooden walls, descriptions, spies, assassins and other. i must post a link for it soon but if you want it via mail just ask. can you send me some portrait?

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    Do you want our version fahnat? adjusted very much with mercenaries, wooden walls, descriptions, spies, assassins and other. i must post a link for it soon but if you want it via mail just ask. can you send me some portrait?
    I have passed thoward the crashes and able to add new names.
    As far with your changes, does the other campaigns work now, or only the main campaign works?

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I know that double posting is a no no here but i don't want to edit the last post because people then don't see the thread updated with a new post.

I want to show some updates of what i will be releasing soon of this mod. I am doing several minor changes on this mod in so i believe to be necessary or just that make me feel more like playing this mod. One change i made was adding bronze age related quotes, like from the Epic of Gilgamesh, The Old Testament, The Assyrian Epic of Creation, along with many bronze age inscriptions and sarcophagus.

I have also made 6 new loading screens. Let me show you two examples of what i did. They are not as well done as i wanted them to be, but i didn't have the original pdf file of the loading screens, so i had to try with what i had.

loading screens

Please make this mod hosted!!!

Amazing stuff.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Been looking into the models and textures on this mod and i couldn't resist into making something with what i found.
    There is a unused model for a mercenary unit that his inside the mod, but not used because the number of models have reached it's limit.
    So today i made some changes so that unit can be used.

The unit in question is of the Shardana, notorious people for being pirates and mercenaries around the known world. This unit exists also in the egypt and phoenician factions already, but with a different function. So i made also some changes to show their differences. Once the elite egypt and phoenician unit known as the Shardana Warriors have their named changed as Shardana Guard, while the new mercenary unit are now called Shardana Warriors.

I tried to make the smaller and larger images of this unit to look like the rest of the mod roster, so i hope it looks similar.
    The Shardana appear in almost all regions of the map, mostly coastal reaching regions. For example, the regions of Assyria, Babylonia and Elam do not have them, but Greece, Anatolia, Egypt and Phoenicia have them, and depending on the region they have more or less fighting experience.

As for the already existing Shardan unit in the mod, they still mantain the same function, but with the already changed name, due to their description entail. However, i found an unused texture for this model, so i will have this texture to the phoenicians, so that they look different than the egyptian Shardana Guard

Again, i tried to make the ui similar to the style of the mod. Tell me what you think.

Edit: Forgot to tell, the model that i took was of a egyptian officer. My reason for it is that egypt was the only faction with this type of officer, with the others only having standart bearer officers, so egypt still mantain their standart officers, but the only regular officer was taken off, tough the model still appears in the campaign map.
    Last edited by Fahnat; June 05, 2019 at 02:45 PM.

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Fantastic to see the mod thread alive & well .
    Great news guys !!

i think the trojan guards have a little bit too hellenistic look. at least the helmet could be changed with a more luwian looking one.