Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Hi. I have a problem. After I choose the faction and click ”Start the campaign” it goes to the previous menu. Why it doesnt work? Please help me. I really want to play this mod

And if I install the mod from moddb there is no .exe file from which to open the game

Libertus

Hi octavvv,
    Don't know about your problem, I can only think that maybe you haven't installed the patch and translation files yet. Alternatively, it maybe something to do with steam, since a lot of problems seem to be coming from that direction (I'm using the pre-steam version of rtw- you remember, a time when you bought the actual game discs, loaded them on your computer, and started playing - none of that 'need a steam account' rubbish.).

On a happier note, I'm almost finished my alterations. Last playtesting to make sure everything works. It's taken a while but I think it will be worth it.

Regards
    Geon

Libertus

The aramean generals die immediately I recruit them in both the bronze Age and dark age scenarios. Also, one of the town's I take initially, with the arameans, namely Tadmor, doesn't highlight on the map after I take it. Has anyone else had these problems?

Regards
    Geon

Libertus

This Arameans problem is starting to annoy me. At first I thought it might be a money condition - if the Arameans are in deficit, they can't raise new leaders. I coaxed the Arameans economy into a large surplus, but when new leaders came along they again died instantly. Then I thought it might just be Tadmor, so I changed the capital. Again, no luck.

Could players out there try the Arameans on the normal mod and see what happens? If it occurs on normal 1.6 then there is a problem with the normal mod. If not, then it's one of my modified files

Regards
    Geon

Libertus

Well, I've done a heck of a lot of playtesting. The good news is that the new Wilusans, Arzawans units function perfectly in the campaign's.

The bad news is that the 'horde' factions like the Dorian's, Mysians, Arameans and Sea People's all seem to suffer the problems I noted with the Arameans. When a new leader pops up and I accept him, he immediately has a 'heroic death'. And some of the taken town's don't highlight on the screen.

The new units also work in the custom battles area.

I suppose you can still play the campaign's, but it's just so annoying! I've gone over the text and campaign files, and I can't find the problem.

Are there experienced modders out there who can help with this? I've organised the changes in a 'bronze' folder about 105 megabytes in size.

Alternatively, I can send it as is, with a warning of these problems

Hoping someone can help

Geon

Libertus

After two night of no sleep, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears, I finally solved the mod problems, and the campaigns are working normally (the Aramaeans were a particular nightmare).

I've sent a message to LanPirot asking the best way to send these modifications to him so that he can have a look at them. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon.

Here is a list of the ammendments:

Changed empire colours of Egypt (dark) and Hittites (white) to Egypt (white) and Hittites (dark)

Changed Egyptian and Hittite symbols and banners to match colour change

Wilusa

Changed name faction name Troy to Wilusa

Changed city name Troy to Taruisa

Changed Trojan Guard figure with reskinned Achaean Noble Warrior figure

Changed Trojan Chariot and Trojan Warlord Chariot with reskinned Arzawa Chariot

Changed Trojan Archer with reskinned Arzawa Chariot Archer

Arzawa Axeman moved to Wilusa and reskinned

Arzawa Sword moved to Wilusa and reskinned

Arzawa Chariot moved to Wilusa

Lukka Axe and Lukka Skirmish available to Wilusa

Tursha Sword available to Wilusa and reskinned

Islander Javelin unit reskinned

Changed Dardanian sword figure to reskinned Hittite Teshub warrior figure. Updated unit description and stats

Arzawa

Hittite Light Chariot available to Arzawa

Shardana warriors available to Arzawa

Lukka Axe and Lukka Skirmish troops available to Arzawa

Hittite Khopesh available to Arzawa

Wazzala infantry model replaced with a reskinned Kursassi model. Stats updated

Dorian

Changed Dorian Infantry figure to Tevkr Spearman figure

Changed Dorian Archer figure to reskinned Theban Achaean Archer

Replaced Dorian skirmish figure with Trojan skirmish figure

Replaced Geraklides figure with reskinned Dorian General figure – new description for figure

Replaced Dorian Elite with reskinned Denyen Noble figure

Replaced Dorian Chariot with reskinned Theban Heavy Chariot

Changed Aitolia tokosota (Aetolean Archers) to Dorian Elites

Mycenae & Thebes

Mycenaean and Theban Elite Infantry figure replaced with reskinned Heavy Infantry figure. Stats updated

Danuna Spear and Skirmishers can now be built by Thebes and Mycenae

Denyen Heavy Archer moved to Thebes

Achaea Heavy Archer moved to Mycenae

Changed most of the Mycenaeans to Achaoi

Changed most of the Thebans to Danaoi

Sea Peoples

Unit descriptions for Sherdan, Pelset, Tjekker, Denyen, Shekelesh, Teresh and Lukka

Mysians

Removed the Lukka and Tursha troops as these were causing crash problems

Nairi

Mitannian swordsman removed since Nairi already has an identical swordsman.

Aramaeans

Fixed the Warlord chariot problem

Fixed the Aramaean General picture problem

Kaska

Fixed Kaska Warlord picture problem

As I have said, i'm just a beginner, but I think it's all turned out quite well. Once its made available, I'll be interested in hearing your comments and any future suggestions.

For now, I'm taking a well deserved break!

Regards

Geon

Libertus

Just noticed a couple of spelling corrections, so I've now changed Lybia to Libya and Tyrins to Tiryns. No word yet from LanPirot

Libertus

Tried the rebalance patch to get the spies and assassin's in the game, but this affected some of the troop changes I've done, so I had to take it out and reinstall the relevant files. Apart from that, the changes work fine. LanPirot, where are you?

Libertus

Is anyone able to contact LanPirot, since I don't seem to be having any luck?

I made a portraits pack for the Bronze Age!

Changelog:

- New Hittites Portraits
    - New Achaeans (Greek) Portraits
    - New Babylonians Portraits
    - New Egyptians Portraits
    - New Phoenicians Portraits
    - New Elamaites Portraits

- Edited descr_start to adjust the Family Tree

Addon link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/bronze-ag...#downloadsform
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Libertus

Still no word from anyone

Libertus

Can anyone help get my adjustments to the rest of the community as it seems LanPirot cannot be contacted at present. I was hoping to at least get it to moddb

Quote Originally Posted by geon View Post
    Can anyone help get my adjustments to the rest of the community as it seems LanPirot cannot be contacted at present. I was hoping to at least get it to moddb
    Great job man, why dont you just upload the files right here, so we can playtest with it while you wait for a response.

Icon14 Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

I second this! Yes please @geon!

I've come back to play another campaign with this mod, and I'm enjoying it a lot as Babylon this time. I have a couple of questions. Maybe they are known issues with work-arounds we can implement.

1. After enslaving a captured settlement, there is no associated trade resource or population growth.

2. Not sure if this is by design, but when fighting the nearby rebels as Babylon, my chariots are useless against archers, except for exchanging missle fire, even generals. A unit of chariots who charge into a unit of these bowment will get their butts kicked. Granted they are supposed to be good archers, but it seems to me that even the flimsiest of chariots should do better.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Libertus

Hi Stephanous,

There are two ways I can deliver my alterations. Either just the modified files, with detailed installation instructions (size around 125mg) or a complete altered 'bronze' folder (just delete the original 'bronze' folder and replace with this one - size around 700-800mg). Either one seems too big to upload here at this site, which is why I was hoping LanPirot could take a look at it and advise on any changes or improvements before putting it up at Moddb for everyone else.

I'm also trying to send screenshots of the new units for people to look at, but this site only allows pictures with a URL, and I've got these pictures in a folder on a USB.

As to your chariot problem, chariots in the Bronze Age were mainly used as mobile missile platforms, so aren't expected to be that great in melee. You may be using the lightest Babylonian chariot type. Later heavier and warlord chariots are better in melee, but again are best used as missile troops

Regards
    Geon

Libertus

I'm also considering pushing back the start date for the bronze Age campaign to 1400BC. This will help explain the tower/figure of eight shields for the Thebans and Mycenaean, and extend the playable time for this campaign?
    Your thoughts?

Regards
    Geon

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Hello Geon ....
    I hope you can repack & upload all yr improvements to this great mod .
    It would be a shame to have them just forgotten .
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by geon View Post
    Hi Stephanous,

There are two ways I can deliver my alterations. Either just the modified files, with detailed installation instructions (size around 125mg) or a complete altered 'bronze' folder (just delete the original 'bronze' folder and replace with this one - size around 700-800mg). Either one seems too big to upload here at this site, which is why I was hoping LanPirot could take a look at it and advise on any changes or improvements before putting it up at Moddb for everyone else.

I'm also trying to send screenshots of the new units for people to look at, but this site only allows pictures with a URL, and I've got these pictures in a folder on a USB.

As to your chariot problem, chariots in the Bronze Age were mainly used as mobile missile platforms, so aren't expected to be that great in melee. You may be using the lightest Babylonian chariot type. Later heavier and warlord chariots are better in melee, but again are best used as missile troops

Regards
    Geon
    upload them to mediafire or google drive as a patch(the 125 mbs one,only the modifications you did,there is no need to upload your entire bronze age folder) and post the link here,alternatively you can just upload them to moddb i myself uploaded a mini mod where i changed costs and turns for buildings and costs for troops,or you can have me upload them as i have already uploaded several mods i found on the net to moddb and thus the file would be authorized more quicly although sometimes moddb takes a while to authorize files