Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Thank you Cyrus. Good work!

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus_123 View Post
    Yes it only affects custom battles
    Thank you mate!
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus_123 View Post
    Here is my Custom Battle Locations patch
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zEC...ew?usp=sharing
    Includes locations of historical battles and other interesting locations
    -Installation-
    Go to your "bronze" main mod folder & paste the file there. When asked to replace file choose "replace file".
    I hope you enjoy! Feel free to suggest any improvements you'd like to see
    Download available on modDB also.
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/bronze-ag...ocations-patch

Libertus

The Trojan faction needs to be seriously redone. The Trojan chariots, archers and Trojan guard look to Classical/Hellenistic to be part of the Bronze Age. The Tekker Neri (Tekker Spearmen), are described as possibly being the Trekker (one of the Sea People). So why not use the Tekker Spearmen model from the Sea Peoples faction? The TRS (Tursha Warriors) have also been associated with the Troad, so why not also include them in the Troy/Wilusa troop roster? You might also include Lukka warriors and skirmishes as metecenaries since the Iliad mentions the Lycians as Trojan allies.

As for the Dardan meri (Dardan infantry), they look nothing like the Dardanians depicted on Egyptian temple walls. If you want to still use this figure, maybe reuse it as a Bronze Age Thracian

Regrds Geon

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Getting an error when i start up a campaign:
    Libyan Warlord.CAS missing...
    Help please

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by geon View Post
    The Trojan faction needs to be seriously redone. The Trojan chariots, archers and Trojan guard look to Classical/Hellenistic to be part of the Bronze Age. The Tekker Neri (Tekker Spearmen), are described as possibly being the Trekker (one of the Sea People). So why not use the Tekker Spearmen model from the Sea Peoples faction? The TRS (Tursha Warriors) have also been associated with the Troad, so why not also include them in the Troy/Wilusa troop roster? You might also include Lukka warriors and skirmishes as metecenaries since the Iliad mentions the Lycians as Trojan allies.

As for the Dardan meri (Dardan infantry), they look nothing like the Dardanians depicted on Egyptian temple walls. If you want to still use this figure, maybe reuse it as a Bronze Age Thracian

Regrds Geon
    I agree with you Geon .
    Who can do this work ?
    Fahnat or Cyrus_123 maybe ?

Last edited by Daminios; June 25, 2020 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by geon View Post

Regrds Geon
    I can do something about the units but I can't guarantee anything
    My next patch will be about buildings

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NQ6...ew?usp=sharing
    Here is my building patch about the "minor wonders" in certain towns. It make there building able to be destroyed and gives some money in return. This is meant to emulate sacking and to improve campaigns for factions like Sea Peoples and many others.
    This is also savegame compatible. Backup your files before installing if you want. (Also this patch is completely optional)
    -How to install-
    Paste the "data" folder into your main "bronze" mod folder. Click "yes to all" when asked to replace files.
    I hope you enjoy! Cheers

yeah i agree totally on wilusa, must be adjusted. at least the guard. in my personal version maked together with lore and with the help of someones other there are agents, spies, 2 script options, 4 or 2 turns per year, wooden walls sometime, and other things if someone is interested i could post a mediafire link, there are also the shardana pirates like mers aside with the canaanie\egyptian royal guard that is recruited normally by these factions, shardana is by fahnat-. i added also the patches of cyrus123, and everytime a new adjustments come out i add it.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; July 15, 2020 at 11:29 AM.

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

The downloads for both patches on moddb appear to be corrupted, could you have a look into it? Thanks :-)

The download for the main mod works fine, just the patches seem to be corrupted. I’m not able to extract the whole download for either patch when I could previously.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitninja11 View Post
    The downloads for both patches on moddb appear to be corrupted, could you have a look into it? Thanks :-)

The download for the main mod works fine, just the patches seem to be corrupted. I’m not able to extract the whole download for either patch when I could previously.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/j387c...w.rar.rar/file
    i had the same problem 2 years ago, and had to repair the files, that's a yet patched version, improved by me, lore the argentinian, fahnalt that kindly passed me the 2nd shardana units, there are many adjustments and improvements, from original language faction names (when possible) to agents, to kings and leaders historical or semi historical titles, and so on. And the Cyrus patches are yet installed too.(good material especially the last), i consider that a version for personal use. Enjoy, somewhere there is also a script for 4 turns per year if you want.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; July 22, 2020 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/j387c...w.rar.rar/file
    i had the same problem 2 years ago, and had to repair the files, that's a yet patched version, improved by me, lore the argentinian, fahnalt that kindly passed me the 2nd shardana units, there are many adjustments and improvements, from original language faction names (when possible) to agents, to kings and leaders historical or semi historical titles, and so on. And the Cyrus patches are yet installed too.(good material especially the last), i consider that a version for personal use. Enjoy, somewhere there is also a script for 4 turns per year if you want.
    Great, thanks for the link, much appreciated :-) Downloading right now

Modified some trojan\wilusa units to look more bronze age, out the iron helmets and weaposns, in bronze helmets and weapons for the guard, unit took from the lydian spearmen of darius of persia,now have bronze helm and bronze spears, the dardanian infantry now have a bronze sword, (their curved dagger isnt so unrealistic, i changed only the colour for make it of bronze,in bronze age some peoples used curved daggers similar to the thracian falx, the dardanian unit must be not so far away in look from the european neighbours of the trojans, from the mysians and other peoples who later migrated in anatolia destroying all,the mushki units look similar indeed, balkanic ) also if their model is took from a thracian hellensistic assault barbarian unit, the tjkker spearmen now have bronze spears too, i used only photoshop.

put it in models unit texture folder, enjoy!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rkfe3rfr1eald5g/textures.rar.rar/file

EDIT: ADJUSTED THE ARZAWAN LUWIAN INFANTRY THAT HAD THE TEXTURE MESSED UP, AND APPEARED BADLY COLOURED IN BATTLE, THERE WAS THE WRONG UNIT TEXTURE FILE, NOW I PUT THE RIGHT TEXTURE CARD, LINK HERE:
    https://www.mediafire.com/view/tszre...p.TGA.dds/file
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; July 26, 2020 at 05:16 PM. Reason: \

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Good work Antonio ! ...keep it up friend , this mod is becoming superb .
    My apologies for not giving you credit in my earlier posts .
    It would be nice once Fahnats potraits are done to combine all recent updates from everybody .
    Like one big update or Patch ?

Dont worry! I should had to publish it months ago when we did the work but since it was my first modding experiene i wasnt pratical with the files uploading on the forum.
    Yes i would add fahnat work too in future, with his permission, in that way we'll have an improved versiosn. The map too need updates.....The mediterraneann of 3000 years ago was a much more humid place, more green, for example central anatolia was a fertile region, around hattusha there was yards, crops, forests, not the steppe of today, so around the mesopotamian cities like Babylon, in rtw map even in elam that is future iran if you zoom the tactical map there is a sand desert, like in arabia, it isnt so today, and it wasnt so 3000 years ago, around these cities there was a green and fertile landscape, on the opposite they wouldnt build cities there, ofc once out babilon territory there was the mesopotamian desert, but not around the city. Same for hattusha, also in lebanon for canaan, the urban regions on the coast was more green s, not the desert we see on rtw map..sbut i guess change the map is very hard.

Libertus

I'm going to give it a try and see if I can fix the wilusa/troy faction. I'll let you know how I go

thank you very much geon, my opinion is to let the european barbarian looking units like tjekker and dardans (in my version armed with bronze weapons)for simulate the european allied tribes of wilusa that hold also a city in thrace,(the same trojan family members are indicated like aegean balkanic in the game, but with luwian names) but change the guard that is noneless than the persian lydian spearmen of 700 years later,and add more luwian units to wilusa recruitment like the luwian infantry, kopesh,labrys, the ssame normal infantry units of arzawa and hatti, and so on, i added in my version also the qela fakarsas, the anatolian elite archers to troy, in that way could be ok, but mine is only a suggest, good work. we could add also a few sea raiders units like mercs, the lukka for anatolia and the peleset for egypt after the invasions, after all many ofthese raiders had served like mercs in these armies.

edit we could add also some more luwian names for arzawa and troy, there are too repetitive hittite names in nesite language i guess, too luwian and arzawan general named hattusili.

I report also occasional ctd in the turn passages alternatively 1 campaign yes, and 1 no, donno why, but work for the rest
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; July 31, 2020 at 08:35 AM.

I just want to voice my support from the sidelines. This mod is one of my favorite gaming experiences - all games and mods considered. So I welcome any improvements with open arms!

thank you alekho!

guys i think we need a forced diplomacy option too for this mod.

Added a forced diplomacy script, and adjusted some issue regarding the arzawan elite archers that wasnt recruitable for arzawa, but for troy yes.

Here :data.rar.rar

EDIT This evening i'll post a new complete version with all the add ons i made in last days, and with the hittite\luwian kopesh unit added to wilusa, since this unit is named warasija (those from wilusa, trojans, in mycenaean greek i guess,) and strangely wasnt recruitable by them, but i let the arzawan elite archers recruitable only for arzawa, together with the mercenary units recruitable in troy area this should give to wilusa a more luwian look, only the guard remain a little bit classical, mainly for the shield, but i maked you know helm and spears of bronze.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 01, 2020 at 09:00 AM.