Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

LanPirot's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Small quirk I noticed. Are the various chariots supposed to look the same? Playing as the Arameans I noticed on the unit cards it shows different types of chariots but in battle they all use the same chariot cart style. Were the various chariots cut at the last minute or never implemented?
    never implemented. Historical rulers and generals, ancillaries, traits, portraits, scripts etc... sadly, but many very interesting things was never implemented.
    Last edited by LanPirot; May 09, 2018 at 01:52 AM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Any pictures or plans/diagrams for what the various sorts of carts are to look like?
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

if any plans or something else are existing, they are in hands of original developers. i don't have anything
    Last edited by LanPirot; May 10, 2018 at 09:53 AM.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

The unit cards for the chariot units in the game kind of show off what the various chariots were supposed to look like. For custom character portraits there used to be preview pictures (probably gone now), and the splash screens during loading show off some of them. Now that I am thinking back there also was going to be custom settlements on the world map and I think plans to tweak the battle map settlements some as well. If this mod got a bit more notice you could probably find someone to do the custom traits since those are somewhat simple and there exists mods out there probably willing to share theirs. The chariots are probably a lost cause and the settlements you might be able to borrow from another mod. RS2 terrain overhaul is open to use in other mods and would be a nice addition though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    Any pictures or plans/diagrams for what the various sorts of carts are to look like?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chariotvariety.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	353338

I went through the different factions in data and pulled out all the different kinds of chariot types. It's strange because from the unit cards it seems the chariots were implemented, but then removed and replaced with a generic chariot.

@LanPirot If you have any contact with any of the developers is it possible to ask them about the missing chariots?

No, I don't have any contacts. I ask about this on our forum, maybe who knows more.

Anyway, "Bronze Age" have been abandoned in process of development, authors decided to release the unfinished product. Do not be surprised that some elements have forgotten to make.
    Last edited by LanPirot; May 18, 2018 at 03:54 AM.

So to try and keep things somewhat alive I've been working on trying to make some fitting portraits for the factions. It's moving slowly. I'm by no means a pro at this though, digital art is much different than oil painting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bronze greek.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	353951
    Last edited by Sigma; June 26, 2018 at 07:17 PM.

Well I think they are amazing. Please keep working!

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

the patchs are corrupted. can someone post them again in a new link? btw fantastic mod. trough few mercenaries. only 1 unit
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

You can find the mod and the files in ModDB

What is unfinished in this mod?
    Is it something fundamental or is it something that cab be easily added?

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    What is unfinished in this mod?
    Is it something fundamental or is it something that cab be easily added?
    This mod was planned as an encyclopedia of the ancient world with a lot of text, sounds and pictures, generals should be few, but everyone has their own portrait and abilities. also should be added AOR-system, mercenaries, unique buildings, scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    the patchs are corrupted. can someone post them again in a new link? btw fantastic mod. trough few mercenaries. only 1 unit
    Main links in "How to install", alternative links below of them: https://www.moddb.com/mods/bronze-ag...ation-tutorial

why all settlements have walls? ok that there was strong fortifications in greece, hatti, canaan, anatolia etc and that it simulate the difficult to lay siege in bronze age too, but looking also a barbarian village with big stone walls as a tracian or kaskan town, seem strange. and it was nice to have to build walls too.
    it is a choose of the devs or is casual?

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

AntonioHundangir, some settlements should be without walls, but at the same time be able to immediately build a wall of stone, bypassing the wooden. Maybe then something have been gone wrong, or just unfinished. I don't know.

i see. btw if anyone is interested i modified some file adding mercenaries and levy units (luwians, shardana, hittites, greeks, kaskans\and caucasian barbarians, syrians lybians nubians etc it depend by the area. in phoenicia you can find some mycenaean mercenary for example. not in assiria or mitannihanilgabat. same for the kaska or hittite levy units and mercenaries, you can find them in the right places. not everywhere. i selected some historically ok unit. ofc i dont maked the hittite golden spear guard mercenary. not even the mycenaean guards. but other units that could be possible. carefully also about costs, ofc a mycenaean unit will cost less in the aegean than in ugarit. but from assirya to elam, iran etc i dont. only in assiria there are few. more south no. i didnt knew what do. tried to make some nairi guti unit but crash. so. and i m modifing the phoenicians colour from purple to red. it is just for my personal use but if someone want.
    I WOULDALSO CHANGE FROM 2 TO 4 TURNS PER YEAR BUT MUST READ A TUTORIAL FOR THE BACKGROUND SCRIPT. 2 TURN IS FEW.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 08, 2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    i see. btw if anyone is interested i modified some file adding mercenaries and levy units (luwians, shardana, hittites, greeks, kaskans\and caucasian barbarians, syrians lybians nubians etc it depend by the area. in phoenicia you can find some mycenaean mercenary for example. not in assiria or mitannihanilgabat. same for the kaska or hittite levy units and mercenaries, you can find them in the right places. not everywhere. i selected some historically ok unit. ofc i dont maked the hittite golden spear guard mercenary. not even the mycenaean guards. but other units that could be possible. carefully also about costs, ofc a mycenaean unit will cost less in the aegean than in ugarit. but from assirya to elam, iran etc i dont. only in assiria there are few. more south no. i didnt knew what do. tried to make some nairi guti unit but crash. so. and i m modifing the phoenicians colour from purple to red. it is just for my personal use but if someone want.
    I WOULDALSO CHANGE FROM 2 TO 4 TURNS PER YEAR BUT MUST READ A TUTORIAL FOR THE BACKGROUND SCRIPT. 2 TURN IS FEW.
    I would be very interested in this when it's finished, and think LanPirot should consider including these changes in the mod here and also in moddb

i would also fix the walls issue. but must read a tutorial and need time for it. only for the work i done until now it tooked 2 days.

Sounds good. Take your time

noticed that the background script is present yet. so must only modify one file in the campaign folder, editing every turn manually.
    it will be ready in a couple of days. i m planning to change some faction names too. egypt\kemet, hittites\the land of hatti (hittites is how we call them. from a biblical source indicating a tribe, maybe a neo hittite rump state, but they named them self peoples of the land of hatti), league of arzawa, phoenicians\canaanites or canaan (phoenicians was like the greeks call them, as the latin punic), libyans\libu, troy\wilusa or taruisa, ahhijawa or achaiwoi for the theban faction and even atreids for the mycenaean one since is ruled by atreus but i m not sure about them. for accuracy mainly....i will see. etc and in future as an add on, (that will require more time. i ll do it as a patch for my work) add some ancillary, titles mainly as wanax, great king of hatti, king of upper and lower egypt, king of ugarit, of tyros, sidon etc king of mitanni, lawagetas for the commander in chief of a mycenaean army, (lawagetas role is not clear in the sources. but will make the game more nice for ourself.), some of those things are not very clear in the sources so we dont know if historically accurate but it would make the game more immersive and nice. in tw universe is very rare a bronze age mod. let s exploit it guys.)
    THE MAIN WORK WITH 4 TURNS PER YEAR, PHOENICIAN FACTION COLOUR CHANGED, AND MERCENARIES ADDED, WILL BE READY IN FEW DAYS. LESS THAN A WEEK. THE ANCILLARY WILL NEED TIME. I REPEAT IS FOR MY PERSONAL USE AND FUN GUYS. DONT WANNA BREAK SOME FORUM RULE ABOUT THE MOD S COPYRIGHT. SO I WILL NOT PUBLISH IT. BUT IF SOMEONE WANT I CAN PASS TO HIM MY WORK VIA MAIL.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 09, 2018 at 01:22 PM.

I'm just curious, what Windows version are you guys playing this mod in? And if it's in Windows 10, how do you deal with the terrible performance in the campaign map?