Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

ok
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 25, 2018 at 10:40 AM.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Excelent, thank you for your answer! Could you please upload the files to ModDB?

[QUOTE=AntonioHundangir;15651010Hatti was the land of the Hattians, a pre indoeuropean people conquered by the hittites when they migrated from north, then, they simply start to call themself the people of the land of hatti. [/QUOTE]

About the hattians there is an interesting theory that see in the kaska the northern part of the hattians, that survived the hittite invasion trough it costed go back to a tribal status (hattian city states are quoted also in egyptian documents.). the kaska are quoted in hattusha tablets as the reason cause the empire never conquered the black sea lands. (well they did, hattushili beated them too, but it was ever a temporary victory, cause they never occupied kaska lands, or when they did, after sometime they retreated. kaska served also as mercenaries. but after a revolt muwatalli or hattushili disbanded them all. it remind the rhine frontier for rome,with one difference: some germanic tribe was allied of rome, some not. the kaskans seems stubbornly hostile to hatti. and periodically they returned.). They are highly suspected for the final destruction of hattusha too, we know that probably the king and the establishment with the soldiers left hattusha for take refuge south, in some vassal state ruled by relatives, karkemish king indeed take the title of great king in this period, a coincidence? maybe. and only the peasants remained in the capital, or part of them when an invader army burned hattusha. we donno who is responsible but the kaska, succeeded by phrygians and mysians are highly suspected. anycase seems that hattusha was a ghost city in her last days. ofc that s only a theory, but several factors and things suggest it.

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    Excelent, thank you for your answer! Could you please upload the files to ModDB?
    I posted it there days ago but they let me waiting for authorization of the moderators... not even the last version uploaded august 12, they allowed. donno why. for that i sad send me your mail. it snot that they sad no. you cant. simply they dont answear, leaving me suspended.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 25, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

Libertus

Hi everyone,
    It’s so good to see people continuing to develop this mod. Keep it up everyone!!!
    Currently, I’m going through the mod, rectifying typos and tidying up some descriptions. It’s slow going, especially finding free time to do it, but when these are done, I’ll forward the amended files to LanPirot.
    My current modification plan after the above changes is as follows:

1. Altering the Arzawan helmets to have two horns not one. For my reasons for this, see my article at the Bronze Age Centre forum here - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bron...two-t1436.html (does anyone know what programme I need to do this? Something like photoshop, or do I need a 3d progamme)
    2. Altering the Trojans (Wilusans) to be more Arzawa like (since they are listed in the Hittite tablets as an Arzawa country) – Again, what programme do I need for this please?
    3. Altering the Dorians
    4. Adding selected mercenaries to various sides (see below)
    5. Adding two new factions, Pylos and Crete (I’ll need a long learning time to do all this!!)
    6. Changing the speech on some factions – maybe swap them with movie exerts (like Troy??)
    7. Adding introductory movies to all factions – again I’ll have to learn the basics for this one!!

Also, can someone advise how to change the city banners and army banners please

To AntonioHundangir,
    Thank you for your efforts in improving this mod. I look forward to playing your modifications.
    I would like to make some comments on your changes. I fully agree that spies and assassins should have been included.
    Calling Troy Taruisa is historically accurate, as this term and Wilusa (Illios) are mentioned in a Hittite Tablet as members of the Assuwan Confederacy, and the terms are generally seen as equated with Troy and Illios. So you can call the city Taruisa and the faction name Wilusa
    But also see my article in the Bronze Age Centre Forum, https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bron...ain-t1440.html
    which puts forward the suggestion that there were TWO separate cities, Troy and Illios.
    I don’t think you can call the king of Arzawa also the king of Assuwa, since Arzawa and Assuwa were two separate political entities. Arzawa was a western Anatolian kingdom which vied with the Hittites for supremacy. It was eventually defeated and broken up into smaller states. Assuwa was a short- lived confederacy containing a number of states, including Taruisa and Wilusa, which was also defeated by the Hittites, and never reformed.
    As to the mercenaries in the game, I too was thinking of adding selected mercenaries to some of the factions, specifically;
    Tjekker, Teresh and Lukka to the Trojan (Wilusan) faction, to simulate the Trojan allies listed in the Iliad
    Sherden, Pelset, Nubians and Shasu for the Egyptians – you can see representations of these in Egyptian service on Andrea Salimbeti’s site http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/sea.htm. Since these appear in native kilts, I treat them as mercenaries. Sherden mercenaries have a Ra sun disc on top of their helmets, so a little alteration to the standard Sherden image is required.
    The Sherden were also formed into a personal bodyguard by Ramses II. They have the disced Sherden helmet, long straight sword and round shield, but are dressed in Egyptian tunics. Depictions of this bodyguard can be seen at http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/1022847/1/ and http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/sea.htm. I see this bodyguard as a regular (if expensive) troop build for the Egyptians. Read also A Survey of the Military Role of the Sherden Warriors in the Egyptian Army during the Ramesside Period http://www.enim-egyptologie.fr/revue..._p7-23.swf.pdf
    Since the Sherdan may also be associated with Sardis, I also see them as mercenaries for Arzawa. Ahhiyawan (Mycenaean) mercenaries may also be possible for the Arzawans.
    As to Nubians serving with the Mycenaeans, I can’t recall any depictions of them in Mycenean artifacts (correct me if I’m wrong). I do recall them appearing in Minoan Cretan depictions, but that was before the timeline of this mod. Crete was taken over by the Mycenaeans, so anyone controlling Crete might be able to recruit them as mercenaries. If I ever get my Cretan faction into the mod, they will be a definite mercenary addition!
    Mycenaeans serving with the Egyptians is a more contentious issue. I assume you got this idea via Andrea Salimbetti http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/helmets2.htm who writes “Outside the Greek mainland and Aegean Island a possible representation of Achaean warriors equipped with boar tusks helmets is from an Egyptian papyrus fragments from Tell el-Amarna, home of Amenhotep III's son, dated around 1350 BC”
    This is based on a dubious identification of a helmet depicted on an Egyptian papyrus as Mycenaean. See my article in the Bronze Age Centre Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bron...rus-t1429.html for my views on his interpretation.
    Mr Salimbeti also cites a bronze scale armour found in Mycenae, and a bronze scale from Kanakia on the south western tip of Salamina Island with the stamp of Ramses II, http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/armour3.htm
    to put forward the possibility that Mycenaeans served in Egyptian armies. He cites similar finds in Crete and Pylos. Without knowing the provenance of these individual bronze scales, I think it is way premature to claim them as evidence of Mycenaean Egyptian mercenaries. The scales could just have easily come from war booty, or Cypriot mercenaries, or traded goods. Until definite proof is found, I would say the case for Mycenaeans in Egyptian armies is very weak, if currently non-existant.
    I have heard of the idea that the Kaskans were Hattians. I remember reading an article to that effect. I’ll see if I can dig it up and let you know.
    But please don’t be put off by my friendly constructive remarks. You are quite free to disagree with them and modify as you see fit
    Regards

Geon.

loreley's Avatar Laetus

@AntonioHundangir @geon @Alekho and everyone

I am currently correcting some details that the mod had as:

1. Family members who appear as generals in the campaign but are not shown in the family tree
    2. Incorrect names for the characters of certain factions
    3. Adding correct unit cards for diplomats, spies and assassins

I'm slow because I do not have a lot of free time but as things come up I'll try to improve them. Please, if you see a bug or something, tell me and I'll check it.

I also changed the generic chariot model that the Egyptians have to put what they have in vanilla (this is just a personal detail).

@geon: look at this mod, it has a few interesting designs and also information that can be useful. Personally, I can not help with anything of the graphic design part (anyway I'll see if I find tutorials on how to do the things you have in mind), but with the rest yes so count on me!

Regards

loreley's Avatar Laetus

loreley's Avatar Laetus

geon, AntonioHundangir, Alekho see the previous message.

dont worry geon i left taruisa indeed. the faction is called kingdom of wilusa instead, for the pathos. XD and the immersion. but the city remained taruisa. about arzawa yes,i modified in my own version the leader of arzawa title, now is king of the land of arzawa, as appear in some tablet.
    about the shardana, ok. i wanted the nubians only in crete but it was coupled with peloponnesus, so. an exotic addition to the game if you play with thebes and occupy peloponnesus.
    about the mycenaean mercs, no i dont read him, but even some undirect source who know. but i guess some mycenaean mercs there was in the ancient world, a people of adventurers, etc it is acceptable having them somewhere as mercs, no? adding them as mercenaries in some eastern coastal area (levant and delta and ionia. inland and eslewhere there arent.) is a nice addition to the game.
    there is also that the egyptian army was composed also by mercs, and some family of the delta descent from them, or from the hyksos invaders too sometime. maybe also ramses family was mixed blood, coming from some mercenary of the past generations, maybe, so, i guess you agree is a nice addition to the game having some mycenaean mercs on the delta.
    about the kaska, i reported only a theory read somewhere. but without support it. i donno, but a theory suggest they could be hattians.
    INSTEAD ON THE NORTH EAST CORNER OF THE MAP I WOULD SEE THE ANDRONOVO CULTURE FACTION. BUT THAT S A TOO HUGE WORK FOR ME. I DONNO EVEN 3D MODEL TO MODIFY OR MAKE UNITS. SO.
    THE DORIAN UNITS ARE TOO UNARMORED FOR ME. AT LEAST UNFIELD STYLE WARRIORS COULD BE ADDED TO THEM.
    btw very well guys.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; August 27, 2018 at 08:56 AM.

Loreley, bravo. i m not playing currenly to the game. i did it for my brothers, and for me, when in autumn i will restart to play total war (currently playing silent hunter 4, i m an old subsimmer) so i have no hurry. take your time and pass me your work when you have done so i ll add it to mine, and publish somewhere. or do it yourself. anyway bravo.

some news guys? just wonder. missed for 2 months here for school duty.

Hello! Mod looks amazing but I have not been able to get to work. I either get ("descr_sm_factions, line 37, column 1: "Horde_min_units" is not supported") crash or Building db, unable to find ambient with id 'egyptian_city_wall_straight' error. I use steam version and I tried both solutions in Moddb page. Thanks for the help in advance.

Daminios's Avatar Civis

LanPirot , geon , antonio , alekho ..
    Guys do not give up on this mod !
    Its just to good to abandon .
    cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGo8YsE-43o
    Last edited by Daminios; November 21, 2018 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karasis View Post
    Hello! Mod looks amazing but I have not been able to get to work. I either get ("descr_sm_factions, line 37, column 1: "Horde_min_units" is not supported") crash or Building db, unable to find ambient with id 'egyptian_city_wall_straight' error. I use steam version and I tried both solutions in Moddb page. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Hi Karasis, I had this error too. Someone here replied with the solution. I don't remember it, but you should be able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daminios View Post
    geon , antonio , alekho ..
    Guys do not give up on this mod !
    Its just to good to abandon .
    cheers
    Agreed!

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    I second the motion to make another thread with the main post being the new links to the mod. However, I think LanPirot should do it, as an honor of sorts
    Agreed !!
    I also think its a great idea as acknowledgment to you LanPirot

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanous View Post
    Hi Karasis, I had this error too. Someone here replied with the solution. I don't remember it, but you should be able to find it.
    Thanks! I will try to find it.

LanPirot's Avatar Foederatus

my work has been in releasing this mod from local russian forum to the world... this work has done

and i don't know english language, google translator don't give me a full picture and it's hard to me reads and answering here

Quote Originally Posted by LanPirot View Post
    my work has been in releasing this mod from local russian forum to the world... this work has done

and i don't know english language, google translator don't give me a full picture and it's hard to me reads and answering here

Hello! I get an error. All other mods works just fine. Here's pic

https://puu.sh/C68Mj/0a8933f746.jpg

LanPirot's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by karasis View Post
    I don't have Steam, so I can't reproduce this bug to trying fix it