Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War (Preview & download)

Everything seems to work up until applying the "English translation"

Basically the translation is for another mod {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_TITLE}"Variag Total War: "The Dogs of War". Mixed with some translations of this mod as well,it's a mess :/
    Last edited by Kel'Thuzad; January 15, 2016 at 06:22 AM.

Since its set during the the Bronze Age, is Troy a playable faction?

The mod is VERY nice .... a wounderfull addition to the many mods that are around the Roman time frime ....
    It runs flawless - but .. and this is GIGANTIC but .... without an propper english tanslation, it is for all user that cant read russian useless ...
    The downloadable english translation crash the game , only if you leave the buildings translation russion - then it runs - but with the nearly non existant translation it is hard to get an nice feeling for this period ....
    Sad .. it would be an very nice mod ...

Regards

We must revive this. If somebody (or even better, a group of people) that knows Russian can translate the building descriptions from Russian to English, that would be great! (according to the previous comment, the English description crashes the game, but the Russian doesn't, even if you leave all the other English files)

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    It gives me an error when I try to run it "could not find settlement_barbarian_level_6 in database" (I downloaded this file: https://yadi.sk/d/48fPAhSBiFco5). Is it just a Patch? If so, which file should I patch this over?
    I believe that this is a patch over the official version in post #482. At least that's how I used it.
    See the next post for my experience.
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Caesar II; February 21, 2017 at 02:22 PM.

I downloaded the post #482 "official version" and the 1.3.7z versions.

I extracted the "Bronze" directories separately and placed a copy of the official version Bronze directory into my Rome Total War directory. I created a shortcut for it and tried it. It worked fine in playing a few turns as the Egyptians.

I overlayed the Bronze directory with the 1.3 Bronze directory and ran into problems. The game would start and immediate black screen and stop. I added -show_err to the command line and started troubleshooting.

In my installation it appears there was a problem with four units not being completely defined across all the necessary files.
    The four units are: RA_Muschka_Peltast, RA_Muschka_Spearman, RA_Muschka_Archer, RA_Muschka_Axeman.

I deleted the references to them in the descr_sm_factions.txt and export_descr_unit.txt files and the game appears to run fine in limited testing.

I'm going to try to add the English language files next (I don't read Russian) and I'll report on what happens.

Also, I don't find it necessary to make any changes to get the music.

One thing I noticed was that I didn't see any victory conditions on the campaign menu.
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Caesar II; February 21, 2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: spacing for easier reading

Continuing from above:

When I downloading and extracted the English language file mentioned in post #518 I found several files didn't matter, several files worked, and several files created blackscreen or other crashes.

The problem files for me were:

expanded_bi.txt
    export_advice.txt
    export_buildings.txt
    export_VnVs.txt
    names.txt
    rebel_faction_descr.txt

The campaign_descriptions.txt didn't cause a crash but it loses the descriptions on the campaign menu so it shouldn't be used.

Some of these files might be fixable with a little work so I'll spend some more time looking at it later.

I really like the looks of this mod and I hope it can be fixed up better for English speakers.
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Caesar II; February 21, 2017 at 08:09 PM.

Thank you, be sure to update us if you can do something more about this mod

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

So anyone here working on a translation?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

LanPirot's Avatar Foederatus

Sorry for my bad english)
    Here you can download the latest version of this mod (1.6 + my little fixes), he is packaged in installer. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3j...ew?usp=sharing
    Unfortunately english translation is still missing, there is nobody to work on it(

As a partial translation, you may copy this files from original Barbarian Invasion folder (*rome game folder*/bi/data/text) to Bronze Age folder (*rome game folder*/bronze/data/text) with overwrite:
    battle.txt
    battle_ed.txt
    descr_shortcuts.txt
    diplomacy.txt
    event_strings.txt
    event_titles.txt
    historic_battles_subtitles.txt
    menu_english.txt
    shared.txt
    strat.txt
    tooltips.txt

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Thank you for your effort!
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Thanks for the link LanPirot. Mod is quite solid. Would be nice to have a full translation, but even with a partial one it's generally playable (Campaign is a bit difficult but with some practice I think I could play it with understanding). Here's some screenshots I took of custom battle.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

in addition to my last post, i translated as best I could a few files
    here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3j...ew?usp=sharing
    extract into rome total war folder

still not translated this files:
    export_ *all* .txt
    campaign_descriptions.txt
    names.txt

Quote Originally Posted by LanPirot View Post
    in addition to my last post, i translated as best I could a few files
    here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3j...ew?usp=sharing
    extract into rome total war folder

still not translated this files:
    export_ *all* .txt
    campaign_descriptions.txt
    names.txt
    You are doing gods' work my son. If you could please continue, I'm sure many of us will appreciate it!

Awesome stuff, thank you for the translation.
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

I translated some more files into english. Also added to the archive files from the add-on Barbarian Invasion. Now, after installing the mod, just unpack it into the game folder, without hassle with porting from the add-on, about which I wrote earlier.
    Download translation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3j...ew?usp=sharing

This files still not translated: export_buildings.txt and export_units.txt
    partially translated: campaign_descriptions.txt

Here you can download the latest version of this mod (1.6 + my little fixes), he is packaged in installer. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3j...ew?usp=sharing

crash fixed, archive updated

Man, you work quickly. Keep up the great work, it is most excellent.

Finally started a campaign. For some reason I can't save. Not sure why that is. Nevermind. Campaign script most likely, and me starting one campaign, quitting it and then starting another disabled saving. Quitting the game and re-starting for a new campaign and saving is fine.
    Last edited by Yue Fei; September 10, 2017 at 04:10 PM.