Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Napoleon: Lines Of Battle and Minimods Collection

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Napoleon: Lines Of Battle and Minimods Collection

great mod. played it a few months ago and tried it out again today!

+rep
    Last edited by gord96; January 30, 2011 at 05:25 PM.

I haven't posted for a long time. I've spent that time happily playing Empire.

I recently grabbed NTW and within an hour needed to mod it. This is the Mod I chose and I'm enjoying it. Thankyou!

However, I've encountered some bugs and was hoping someone could help me sort them out.

1. The sound bites seem to be horribly mixed up. Normal foot respond with "Elite infantry Sir!". Almost everything at one time or another will say "Revolutionary Guard Sir!" When I win land battles I get "Britania Rules the Waves!" Ships no longer say "dropping anchor" but often say "foraging" or "setting camp for the night" etc LOL!

2. The flags mix up sometimes. A recent battle vs Spain had Spanish units with Austrian flags...... no, I haven't added the flag mod. No other mods.

3. This one might be NTW itself, but I thought I'd mention it incase it has something to do with the UAi. In siege battles the Ai attacker often called them off once his infantry were all spent. Now I have to play the damn battles for the whole 60 mins while the Ai (rightly) sits at distance with his cavalry and guns - doing nothing - and I sit in the fort with my rag tag defenders. Bug or Napoleon?

Any help greatly appreciated.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I recently grabbed NTW and within an hour needed to mod it. This is the Mod I chose and I'm enjoying it. Thankyou!

However, I've encountered some bugs and was hoping someone could help me sort them out.

1. The sound bites seem to be horribly mixed up. Normal foot respond with "Elite infantry Sir!". Almost everything at one time or another will say "Revolutionary Guard Sir!" When I win land battles I get "Britania Rules the Waves!" Ships no longer say "dropping anchor" but often say "foraging" or "setting camp for the night" etc LOL!

This is a problem with renaming tables, i may fix it at some point but most mods have it...

2. The flags mix up sometimes. A recent battle vs Spain had Spanish units with Austrian flags...... no, I haven't added the flag mod. No other mods.

This is a vanilla bug.

3. This one might be NTW itself, but I thought I'd mention it incase it has something to do with the UAi. In siege battles the Ai attacker often called them off once his infantry were all spent. Now I have to play the damn battles for the whole 60 mins while the Ai (rightly) sits at distance with his cavalry and guns - doing nothing - and I sit in the fort with my rag tag defenders. Bug or Napoleon?

This is because the cavalry cannot attack until the walls are breached surely?

Is this mod compatible with AUM-NAP ? Any program to add some new units ? would be perfect...right now the best BAI played.

thanks

Thanks Hedge for the reply.

The siege issue is that the walls are breached. All attacking Ai infantry is routed and off the field. The attacker seems to have no desire (smart) to try and charge his guns or cavalry through the breach(es). So both of us sit there with x4 time on waiting for the clock to run out................................

In Empire, if the Ai didn't wish to try and push his cavalry in (breach or no) the battle ended. Indeed, once his last infantry unit decided to toss it in for the day the battle (siege) ended immediately.

Like most I find siege battles ridiculous. But this has taken it to a whole new level. "Knowing" that an auto resolve may lose my capital, but a fight should hold one tends to elect to fight. But then "knowing" that it will take about 20-30 mins of your life that you'll never get back is................

Artifex

Guess you just have to go out then .

Hedge, new question if I may:

The more I play LOB the more I appreciate it. With some of the suggested sound and visual add on's the game has taken on a whole new lease of life for me.

I'm now playing it with NTF - working like a charm - but have a question hopefully you can help me with. If I add a unit pack (example Foreign Legions) they stick at the ultra settings - not the double settings of LOB. How can I change this so that all units in game share the same size(s)? I've got used to disbanding and replacing starting land units for this reason - that's cool. But I need to find a way to make recruitables the same sizes.

Ideas?

Ignore above. Went through a few tutorials and edited the sizes in the Foreign Legions Mod. Now it is sweeeeeeet.

Do you know how to get a groupformation of 2 or 3 column cavalry ? like the US cavalry ; I have been tweaking the column in the stat land with no luck so far

Artifex

No my sucess with groupformations has been extremely limited. THe lob one if from empire 1.5. Is there a purely cavalry formation you want to copy because i guess you could simply put the name of the us faction in the faction node of said formation using taws converter and see if that works...

I have the United states faction inside Napoleon working ; but I can't have The groupformation 2 or 3 column 30 / 50 row
    whatever I have tried so far I have a big square of 12 x 9

I can edit the groupformation.bin into a TXT file using Taw's converter ( both ways ) but I do not know what to change inside; do you know how it works ?
    Last edited by kungfuserge; February 22, 2011 at 09:05 AM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hi Hedge, great work. I was wondering which performance mod works the best, yours or Brigs Renders? Thanks + REP

Artifex

Renders probably has a bigger effect, some dont like it though.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Ok, I will try them both. thanks for the quick response!

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Read through this whole Thread and I'm excited to try it out.

If I end up not liking it though and decide to just use your U-AI mod, whats the best way to go about uninstalling it? I ask because I just had to re-install my NTW after trying to uninstall TGW and causing a no-sound bug as a result.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

I'm sorry for the double post but I have another question as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Witch Hunter View Post

Massive Cai and Bai improvements(uses a more advanced non vanilla compatible version of the the Universal Ai)
    This is worded kinda strangely and I'm confused as to what exactly it's saying.
    Is the Cai and Bai in the LoB mod DIFFERENT than the Cai and Bai that would be found in your Uai Minimod??

Also, does the LoB increase the difficulty tiers like your Uai does? i.e. Normal => Hard ; Hard => Very Hard; etc.

Sorry for all the questions! I just really wanna give this Mod a whirl.

Artifex

Its the same atm.

And yes the difficulty is there.

Is this mod compatible with AUM?

priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Ecka65 View Post
    . The sound bites seem to be horribly mixed up. Normal foot respond with "Elite infantry Sir!". Almost everything at one time or another will say "Revolutionary Guard Sir!" When I win land battles I get "Britania Rules the Waves!" Ships no longer say "dropping anchor" but often say "foraging" or "setting camp for the night" etc LOL!
    I get this with agents as well.

In my British game, my rake has a spanish accent. I call him Carlos the Jackal. Devastating little bugger he is.

Liking the mod.

Quick question although it is probably hardcoded but.....is there anyway to keep the AI from always being the attacker in every battle?

It is tougher to attack than it is to defend. It one of the things that make Shogun2 battles interesting.
    "Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.
    Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
    -George Carlin

thanks for post

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast