Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWC Italian Campaign Guide and tips

Default Re: TWC Italian Campaign Guide and tips

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Darkness View Post
    When I first time finish the Italian campaign, I take the Trentino mountain route (the Austrian settlement northwest of Milan) instead of Venice. I did try to capture Venice and Papal States, but it's nearly impossible in Hard setting to field three full stacks(while your principal enemies have endless of them).
    I suspect you are spending precious funds on infrastructure instead of troops. This campaign is too short for infrastructure investments - few of them provide break even until after, sometimes long after, the campaign deadline will have passed. Even in the longer Egyptian Campaign, where break-even will arrive in Spring 1800, a dozen turns before campaign end, the ROI for troop investments is greater and comes much faster.

Default Re: TWC Italian Campaign Guide and tips

Quote Originally Posted by Rotaugen2009 View Post
    ...Luckily Venice was willing to trade Indefinite Military Access and 2000 gold from me for 20 turns of military access from them.
    I did the same and the devious little Venetians took my money, then cancelled access in the next turn. Therefore they had to be punished.

That was a fun as destroying Austria!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12