Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Naval Supremacy V2.0 UAI!

klesh's Avatar Senator

Default Re: (V 0.65) Universal AI Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    So I tried again the battle on normal, this was kind of different. The cavalry attacked on the flank like before (remember I'm not using 0.65, maybe I should), but the infantry advanced in columns and then deployed to exchange volleys with my line. It was still aiming for my centre, but no "blind charge" this time. Of course, as the AI didn't have the morale bonus and I didn't have the morale penalty, it demoralized faster and thus lost the battle.

But the funny thing is that, on normal, I had lost about twice the number of men lost on hard.

I play on Normal for battles too and I am experiencing more of whats written above rather than the blindly charging line.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Ok, finished my peninsular campaign:

- I changed HELP_ALLIES_AT_WAR in SPA_FULL to 2000 to see if it was better. Portugal, GB and Spain each had only one region left and kept trying to help each other, to the point where it was risky for themselves. It was interesting though, as it showed me how the AI prioritized such things.
    - During the whole campaign, the AI navies never once came to blockade my ports or prevent me from using trade nodes, too bad as it could have easily done it.

I'm thinking about starting a peninsular campaign again, on H/N and fiddling with some stuff of "SPA_FULL" to see if I get better results... or starting a british campaign with Napoleon Lines of Battle... Would it help you Josst if I try some stuff with the peninsular campaign AI?

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post

Which difficulties were you using (campaign/battle)?

I'm using Normal/Normal. Can't wait to continue tonight.

About the BAI, so far so good, enemies always try to flank me with cavalry and some skirmishers and the infantry try to form a good line more often than the vanilla.
    Curious things: since the Ottomans lack line infantry soldiers (i can only recruit them ( nizam-i-cedit line infantry ) in the starting regions and with some buildings), I've forced to recruit some type of grenadiers that are available in foreign regions. In the deployment, I've noticed that they can use stakes (I'm using deployable defenses mod from Lambretta, +rep to this guy), so my first front line are always "staked" to the max. To my surprise, all cavalry doesn't insanely charge to the stakes and commit suicide, in fact, they tend to avoid them, always reaching for the flanks.
    Too bad that I've discovered this too late in the game.
    I'll post screens later when enter in a battle.

EDIT: At war with Sweden, note the enemy cavalry avoiding my stakes. In this case they are running from the flanks to my center.
    Last edited by Jac_PS; August 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

The cavalry avoiding stakes is nothing to do with me but thanks for the feedback.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: *** 0.7 released*** Universal AI Mod For Campaign and Battle Ai

Good stuff here. If I get NTW to work I will use this.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Josst, about the difficulty level changes, I think it's a good thing, but did you apply it to autoresolve too? I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of penalty on autoresolve, as it seems that the player will almost always lose the Autoresolve on VH campaign.

When playing the peninsular campaign in Hard mode for instance, I had something like 10 spies as the French. I had all 10 of them near a town that I wanted to sabotage, with 60% chance of success. A few clicks later, the ten or so spies had failed in sabotaging, 3 of them having been executed.

Looking forward to play v0.7 anyway (lost a peninsular campaign with your mod when the French blocked my trade port as the British ).

Artifex

I dont actually know if it affects auto resolve i would presume not as the things i altered affect only the cai not the bai.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Been trying a N/H peninsular campaign with the British and it was easy, easier than with 0.5, I have the feeling.

Started another one with H/N with the Spanish and the French seems to act smartly most of the time, but I did notice that there were more "isolated" units roaming on the map (those poor guys did get ambushed a lot of times :p).

Overall, I have the feeling that the changes don't work very well in the peninsular campaign. I'll start a GB European Campaign after that one to see how this works in euro campaign... or not, as I see that you've just released the newest version of Lines of Battle, so I'm probably dump the UAI mod and try that one. :p

Artifex

Thats probably because the changes were all to the euro campaign for now...

I would recommend H/H

im gonna give this a whirl nice mod +rep

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

just tried this mod with "LME" love it!! like they way they reload(just like the TGW mod) +rep!!

I'm trying your mod with LME...and i like it...

question: Is better h or m for BAI? I want the long line of infantry and the intense lines of fire!!!!

How do I install this correctly?

Artifex

Unzip the rar to data. Nothing more.

Ah I see, thanks

Is there anyway I can make sure that the mod is working?

Artifex

Not really. I should add a custom flourish or somthing next release.

How did you change the Ai? Did u make it more aggressive? I play on N/N and it doesn't seem like the Ai is
    doing anything.. It would be cool if atleast the major nations would try to expand their empire and such.. Although I did notice that when I attacked Italy, the swiss kingdom sent several armies to aid italy, which was neat lol

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

I think I've noticed why the AI does the chickendance from time to time, don't know for sure but may be a lead.

In battles, I usually place all my artillery together, but on some battles, I've placed one battery at the left side and the other one on the right. And then it happened: the enemy units started switching position, the units at the left going at the right and vice-versa. I had the feeling it was done to avoid the artillery in front of them, not realizing that they would also be facing artillery on their final position.

Artifex

Will look into changing a couple of values what you describe is a hardcoded prob