Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Final Beta!

Default Re: Final Beta!

Quote Originally Posted by redinside View Post
    If you install them separately they're not compatible each other.
    So you can install, over the top of a clean SS 6.1, only the last version of RC/RR, main files of 30 October and then this last final beta, cause RC/RR includes itself SS 6.2 by Gracul and you don't need to install them separately...
    thnx for your help, this is lot more clear now.

i have installed 6.1, 6.2, rr/rc october, final beta in this order and this seem to work.
    Do i have to clean and reinstall all, or its change nothing to have installed 6.2 before because it is in rr/rc anyway?

is save compatible form last beta?

I think the only changes that are ever save game compatible are things like models/textures, other graphics, sounds and maybe animations, not sure about scripts. I know that in RTW changes to models/textures can be done even in the middle of a battle, i would often start a quick battle to test something, see that there was a problem with the model or texture, tab out, make the change and then tab back in.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

So, if you have SS 6.2 RR/RC + BGR IV + Oct 30 patch + hotfix + Apr 11 patch... How does one go about installing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    So, if you have SS 6.2 RR/RC + BGR IV + Oct 30 patch + hotfix + Apr 11 patch... How does one go about installing this?
    By doing exactly this:

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post

-Extract to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    -Run C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\FILE_TASKS2.bat
    Also, your installation, should you ever re-install, is not in need of the hotfix you have installed now. The current OCT 30th file is two parts you install that are then followed by Apr 11th patch, then this beta
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

So bloody confusing lol... Right, and if I install this beta, is it save game compatible? Or will it just affect NEW games (but I can still play my current one)?

does BGR4 still optional in this final?

how about waiting for SS6.3 first?

Quote Originally Posted by jokers27 View Post
    thnx for your help, this is lot more clear now.

i have installed 6.1, 6.2, rr/rc october, final beta in this order and this seem to work.
    Do i have to clean and reinstall all, or its change nothing to have installed 6.2 before because it is in rr/rc anyway?
    Well i really don't know if this can be a problem...you can run RC/RR to see if everything goes right...however i always prefer to make a clean installation, just to avoid any kind of problems...

Actually you can just install the two big Oct30 files, then run FILE_TASKS.bat, then install the update in the first post, then run FILE_TASKS2.bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Actually you can just install the two big Oct30 files, then run FILE_TASKS.bat, then install the update in the first post, then run FILE_TASKS2.bat.
    u shouldnt leave the April patch, I installed it over the october files and got many bugs, vanilla interface and missing events, also wrong pics for the factions

I've installed the new beta over the April 11th one... But now I have no BGR IV I don't think (no cash traits or inflation etc), do I just follow the old proceedure for adding BGR to the game?

i think i'm going to remain my SS folder and then reinstall to be safe
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Downloaded, should be able to give it a spin later.

Rozanov's script to destroy unused crusade units

How does that work? i had some crusade units that weren't destroyed after the crusade succeeded
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

It destroys the Crusade-specific mercenaries only, and it might take a few turns.

I can't click the megaupload link... anybody else getting this problem? Happened yesterday too... Cannot download
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

That's because it's not a clickable link. However, you COULD highlight the text, press Ctrl + c, then aim the pointer to the URL field and press Ctrl + v followed by Enter.

@smitty: simply copy and paste the link in your browser

@Heskey: you have to reapply the BGR IV_E files everytimes after a new update, did you do that? I'm playing with BGR too and i'm not having any kind of probs..

Quote Originally Posted by redinside View Post
    @Heskey: you have to reapply the BGR IV_E files everytimes after a new update, did you do that? I'm playing with BGR too and i'm not having any kind of probs..
    Yes, I've reapplied the folder now after my comment and the game seems to be running fine.

England should be a bit different now, family tree looks well different!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

PB if this is the "final" beta, does that mean that a full version will be released soon?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team