Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolution Order of War | General Discussions

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod ... presented by Marshal Beale.

are you creating the units? if so, here is a link to a list of certain units in the royalist counter-revolutionary armies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89m...lutionary_Wars

i hope that is helpful

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Revolution Order of War (ROW) - A French Revolution Mod ... presented by Marshal Beale.

So can you get me a better picture of Royalist Light Infantry?
    Also, do you want me to use normal grenadiers, grenadiers of the line or make a whole new grenadier unit for the Royalists? Same with line infantry and everything else.

In the Chasseurs pic, in the middle are all the different regimental coats. Use them.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Will the "Flight to Varennes" be part of the mod? The king and his family were captured at Varennes, supposedly en route to the Royalist fortress town of Montmedy from where he would try to win back his power militarily. Maybe it could be a mission to get the king to Montmedy and as a reward get extra units?
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 27, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    I've looked over that PDF, I think I can do most of it.

But got a better uniform source for light infantry, because the private is only showing his back.
    And what is a Marechausee or whatever? The bodyguard cavalry?
    Finally, what is the best non-Old Guard guard infantry in the game?

historically, some of the maison du roi units stayed loyal to the king, and some supported the revolution. the gardes francaises were sympathetic to the revolution and actually joined in the attack on the bastille. the gardes suisses (which I think are included in etw) and the garde du corps (royal lifeguards) were loyal to royalist principles.

This is the uniform of the guardes du corps:

Last edited by ambien; July 27, 2010 at 08:59 AM.

Revolutionary French navy:

Admirals:

Charles Hector, comte d'Estaing

Comte d'Estaing

Louis-René Levassor de Latouche Tréville (commanded ship of the line "Langedoc")

La Touche Tréville

Louis Thomas Villaret de Joyeuse (commanded ship of the line "Trajan" off the coast of brittany)

Laurent Jean François Truguet (commanded Med fleet from flagship "Tonnant"

Last edited by ambien; July 27, 2010 at 09:54 AM.

Royalist France Navy:

Charles René Dominique Sochet, Chevalier Destouches (possibly also minister of the Navy):

Destouches was promoted to Chef d'Escadre in 1788, having spent 46 years at sea. When the French Revolution broke out, Destouches sided with the Royalists, and was drawn into counter-revolutionary activities in the Vendée in 1793. Briefly imprisoned, he was released by Royalist supporters, and he served as an advisor in the Battle of Savenay.[3] He died during the winter in early 1794, in virtual poverty due to privations caused by the revolution.

Royalist agents:

Louis Charles Auguste le Tonnelier, baron de Breteuil, baron de Preuilly (secret Prime Minister in exile in 1790):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

British Navy:

Richard Howe, 1st Earl Howe (cmdr of the Channel Fleet; flagship "HMS Queen Charlotte")

Howe

James Gambier, 1st Baron Gambier (cmdr of "HMS Defense")

Gambier

Sir Thomas Pasley, 1st Baronet (HMS Bellerophon)

Pasley

Samuel Hood, 1st Viscount Hood (cmdr of Mediterranean fleet)

Hood

Sidney Smith (med fleet)

Smith

Horatio Nelson (med fleet)

Nelson

John Jervis, 1st Earl of St Vincent (cmdr of west indies fleet)

Jervis

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    In the Chasseurs pic, in the middle are all the different regimental coats. Use them.
    You forgot to answer my other question. I need that answered before I can go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    So can you get me a better picture of Royalist Light Infantry?
    Also, do you want me to use normal grenadiers, grenadiers of the line or make a whole new grenadier unit for the Royalists? Same with line infantry and everything else.
    Hmm, well what ever is easier for you.
    I suppose it would be just for you to use the ones already there. SO do that then. Just change the variants!

Cheers, MB
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Hmm, well what ever is easier for you.
    I suppose it would be just for you to use the ones already there. SO do that then. Just change the variants!

Cheers, MB
    But didn't say that the Royalists should have low morale but strong units?

Hmm, no, not low moral. The Revolutionaries should have low moral, they should break easier than the Royalist. So the Royalist should have stronger units with higher moral.

Hmm, no, not low moral. The Revolutionaries should have low moral, they should break easier than the Royalist. So the Royalist should have stronger units with higher moral.
    Well, if I was some poor dude who was picked up off the street, thrown in uniform and pointed at a bunch of guys who are fighting for a cause I want to fight for, I would probalbly not be very determined to fight.

Will Spain and Portugl also be factions?

Spanish troops (together with French emigres and a smaller Portuguese force) occupied Rousillon from 1793-94 until the French pushed them back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Pyrenees

If so, Spain's commander and minister of war should be Antonio Ricardos Carrillo de Albornoz.

Ricardos

Head of state: Carlos IV

Carlos IV

Prime Minister, Finance Min. and Foreign Minister: José Mońino, 1st Count of Floridablanca

Floridablanca

Admiral and Min. of the Navy: Juan de Lángara

Lángara

Gentleman: Francisco de Goya

Last edited by ambien; July 28, 2010 at 10:24 AM.

Portugal

Head of State: The mad queen Maria I

Maria I

Commanding general and Min. of the Army: Joao Forbes-Skelater

Forbes

Admiral: Marquis of Niza

PM and Foreign Minister: Luis Pinto de Sousa Coutinho

Coutinho

Minister of Justice: Diogo Ignacio de Pina Manique

Pina Manique

Min. of the Navy and Colonies: Martinho de Melo e Castro

Manuel de Godoy (titled Prince of Peace) should be available as a Minister. He was PM of Spain in 1792-7 and 1801-8.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Manuel de Godoy (titled Prince of Peace) should be available as a Minister. He was PM of Spain in 1792-7 and 1801-8.

Maybe Minister of Finance? He seemed to have a talent for coaxing cash from the queen...

Or do you mean that you can replace Floridablanca with Godoy?

If so, maybe the Count of Aranda (an influential advisor to the king and a rival to Floridablanca) could also be be available as a minister.

Count of Aranda
    Last edited by ambien; July 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    Can I get any and all serious suggestions for the startpos - which haven't already been mentioned here or in the old thread - to be PM'ed to me.
    cheers,
    Le Loup des Mers.

The first acts of the revolution took place in Grenoble (in the Dauphine in the Southern alps) in 1788.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Tiles

I don't remember what regions France starts with--it's been a long time since I've played this game--but if there is a region encompassing the alps, maybe that should be revolutionary France's start position. Either that or Paris, as Paris/Versailles is where most of the action took place in 1789.

All this research is so helpful. I really thank everyone that contributed!

Cheers, MB